The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Frank Darabont to Adapt The Walking Dead for AMC

OH MY GOD! I LOVE DARABONT AND THE WALKING DEAD!

This is a must see for me! :rock

From Comic Book Resources:
https://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=24797

In Hollywood, nothing is official until the audience is sitting in front of the screen, but getting a TV pilot underway is possibly the biggest step towards getting story out there short of official release. And today, word came out that the cameras will roll on AMC's planned adaptation of "The Walking Dead" from Robert Kirkman and Image Comics.

Horror news source Bloody Disgusting is reporting that writer-director Frank Darabont's pilot for a proposed "Walking Dead" TV series will begin filming in May in Atlanta, Georgia. Focusing on the years-long survival story of southern sheriff Rick Grimes in the fact of a devastating zombie plague, the comic book was long-cited by fans as a prime example of a "would work better as a TV show than as a movie" wishlist item.

With only a few short months until filming begins, it only reasons that casting announcements for the potential series will spring up soon, something Kirkman himself professed excitement for in a September interview with CBR, saying, "I'm excited about the casting and I'm excited about being able to watch the show. I'm excited about everything, but it's kind of odd… my dad sent me an e-mail and he goes, "Congratulations about the TV show." I never thought I'd get that e-mail from my dad – it's kind of bizarre. It's kind of a whole surreal thing."

Nice that they're actually filming in Atlanta, which is where the comic series also takes place.

Anyone have any suggestions for casting? Rick Grimes? Michonne? Dale?... I'm thinking Thomas Jane would actually do a decent Rick.

A Zombie TV series....this is a dream for zombie movie fans like me:rock2

https://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=25600

British actor Andrew Lincoln (BBC's Teachers, Love Actually) has been cast as Rick Grimes.

andrew_lincoln_man_of_law_2_270.jpg

I am a Darabont and the Walking Dead fan, as well as a Zombie fan... I WANT TO SEE THIS NOW!!!

If this is done right (and it looks like it will be) it will be epic. I can't wait.

Something to look forward to...

Is AMC in HD ? I hope so.

OMFG I cant wait for this series. As a fan of the book, this looks to deliver, epecially with Frank Darabont on board. The comic just keeps getting better and better and here's hoping it's a hit so we can see just how far the characters go to survive not just zombies but each other.

Something to look forward to...

Is AMC in HD ? I hope so.

AMC is not in HD as far as I know. I watch Breaking Bad every Sunday night at my buddies house and he gets all of the HD channels. Sadly, AMC is not one of those :( However, they do a great job on the DVD and Blu Ray transfers. As long as the series is good, I'll pick up the seasons and enjoy the image quality when they get released to buy.

Back