The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think that he'll be gay, but sexually abused by his dad. It was hinted at before.

That could be why his redneck dad abused him though too. I can see it going either way.

And despite Merle's lackings, I do think he cared for his brother and was honestly sorry Daryl went through what he did with their father. Maybe even more so since Daryl said he wasn't there. We got plenty of racism out of Merle, but I don't recall any homophobia from him (possibly because of Daryl or just the fact nobody was around that would have brought that subject up).

I guess we truly are desperate for any Walking Dead things to talk about when we're speculating on speculations :lol

yeah even since the first season :lol

Really? That article was the first time I ever heard about the speculation of Daryl being gay. :huh

It wouldn't make much of a difference one way or another. He's a great character.

Agreed.

Does it even really need to be explored?

No. Not really, not IMO.

I guess some people have nothing better to talk about and need to speculate. :lol :lol

That could be why his redneck dad abused him though too. I can see it going either way.

And despite Merle's lackings, I do think he cared for his brother and was honestly sorry Daryl went through what he did with their father. Maybe even more so since Daryl said he wasn't there. We got plenty of racism out of Merle, but I don't recall any homophobia from him (possibly because of Daryl or just the fact nobody was around that would have brought that subject up).

I guess we truly are desperate for any Walking Dead things to talk about when we're speculating on speculations :lol

Merle did call him Darlina.

some people are saying online that if they make him gay on the show they will stop watching unless he is killed right after he comes out... lol :lol

I think it matters and I think it's a dumb move on their part. Especially considering that they are probably doing it for PC reasons. Before anyone starts in on me I have no problems with homosexuality. Let's be real here though. They've built Darryls character to be this alpha male. Woman like him because he strikes them as the male some of them fantasize about. He's the type of guy who who be in a Harlequin romance novel. Guys like him because they identify with him. They want to be this take charge ass kicker that Darryl is. If they make his character gay that is going to change how both camps perceive him. Some of you will argue with this by why do you think so many Hollywood stars stay in the closet? I don't care how many gay characters they bring on the show. Just don't make it Darryl.

Oh ok. Just a simple question. No butt hurt here. Your snarky comment on the other hand implies much butt hurt on your (back) side. :dunno
Ok my apologies for the snarky response. I just don't know how to respond.Too many are going to think I'm attacking gays. I'm not doing that. Sure a gay man can be an alpha male, but many men won't relate to it. Would Rock Hudson have been the leading man he was if his sexual preference was well known? Sure he's from a different generation but I don't see things changing that much.

Take someone like George Michael. His career was going great while he was a sex symbol. Once he came out of the closet his career tanked. It doesn't even need to be about sexual preference. Look at the Dixie Chicks. Traditionally country groups are Conservative/Republican. At a concert they bad mouthed George Bush. Their singing careers have still never recovered.

Point being you take something that is traditional, and change it to be politically correct, people don't usually go for it. Whether it be making Thor a woman, The Human Torch African American, or an "action star" gay.

last line of article...

This revelation comes in wake of a recent blog on HuffPost that questioned: why are there no gays on "The Walking Dead"?

Apparently the person who wrote that doesnt watch the show, cause I distinctly remember two gay characters on the show, one of whom is dead now.

some people are saying online that if they make him gay on the show they will stop watching unless he is killed right after he comes out... lol :lol

That's silly. People will stop watching if Daryl is written as being gay? :rolleyes2

I think it's funny that some people are complaining that TWD has no gay characters when you have Tara, who I think is a great character, on the show. :lol

Ok my apologies for the snarky response. I just don't know how to respond.Too many are going to think I'm attacking gays. I'm not doing that. Sure a gay man can be an alpha male, but many men won't relate to it. Would Rock Hudson have been the leading man he was if his sexual preference was well known? Sure he's from a different generation but I don't see things changing that much.

Take someone like George Michael. His career was going great while he was a sex symbol. Once he came out of the closet his career tanked. It doesn't even need to be about sexual preference. Look at the Dixie Chicks. Traditionally country groups are Conservative/Republican. At a concert they bad mouthed George Bush. Their singing careers have still never recovered.

Point being you take something that is traditional, and change it to be politically correct, people don't usually go for it. Whether it be making Thor a woman, The Human Torch African American, or an "action star" gay.

Gotcha. That's why I like it. Because it would make all those 40 something women squirm. :lol

If he was gay all along fine. Like if you can prove Norman sat down with Kirkman, or Kirkman always knew, np at all.

But I agree that this feels like a decision being made so that they can have an "Oh ****!" reveal moment in some episode somewhere.

We know Daryl doesn't go out of his way to get any women on the show, but he hasn't been flirty towards any guys either. If anything I'd be less surprised to learn Daryl has no sex organs at all.

Anyway, I still think Daryl should be killed off and I've been saying that for ages now. He takes too much "badass" and logical thinking away from Rick.

I noticed two things.
there are people saying they will stop watching if he is gay. And I didn't know this but apparently there has been some backlash to the show because they never added any gay characters.

I didn't even know that was a thing, where shows need to add at least one character

We know Daryl doesn't go out of his way to get any women on the show, but he hasn't been flirty towards any guys either. If anything I'd be less surprised to learn Daryl has no sex organs at all.

because.... none of the guys are gay either? why would he hit on straight guys for? lol

Back