The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
look-up.jpg

The "F" word has really kind of lost it's mojo. I remember being a kid in the late fifties /early sixties and getting my @$$ worn out for saying the word the first time after seeing it on a public bathroom wall. You just didn't hear it used that often. It lost a lot of cred to me when my mother started using the word after my siblings and I had grown up. Now you can't go anywhere in public (except maybe a church) without hearing it, repeatedly. It's only a matter of time before the FCC relaxes restrictions enough that it can be used on broadcast television.

If The Walking Dead was British then they could get away with about five F words an episode.

Some BBC3 sitcoms and channel 4 panel shows are full of swearing. No one cares.

The "F" word has really kind of lost it's mojo. I remember being a kid in the late fifties /early sixties and getting my @$$ worn out for saying the word the first time after seeing it on a public bathroom wall. You just didn't hear it used that often. It lost a lot of cred to me when my mother started using the word after my siblings and I had grown up. Now you can't go anywhere in public (except maybe a church) without hearing it, repeatedly. It's only a matter of time before the FCC relaxes restrictions enough that it can be used on broadcast television.

It's called the Depravity of Man,it shows unintelligence and loss of Morality.It's only going to get worse..

It's called the Depravity of Man, it shows a lack of intelligence and loss of Morality. It's only going to get worse.

Oh boy, here we go.

Cleaned the quote up a bit for you, figured somebody who sees the use of the "F" word as being the downfall of man would find grammar important.

You can thank me later.

Comedy Central allows it after 1 am on their channel.

I still don't care for it out in public with kids. Some people can't talk without saying it every other word, and a lot of comedians can't "be funny" without saying it.

Are there any taboo words they can't say?

The one word they tend to bleep on TV is c**t, however, we do have a programme called Mock the Week where comedians satirise the week's news and that word has been broadcast unedited on air. That programme is normally on at 10pm.

There is an episode of Friends where Phoebe is pregnant and she says the f word. Channel 4 showed that at 6pm in the UK and didn't bleep it or cut it out.

Back