The People's Picks (and Poppies!) Voting has begun!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good parallel... I used to have a lot of McFarlane stuff; now pretty much nothing.

Medicom does have a really good niche with the anime figures and have produced some awesome work. But the real-world figures still remain about the same as they did a few years ago.

Nice to see Dr Grordbordt's getting some attention, but the PF choices weren't right IMO.

Does Crawford not understand that Chris Howes stole money from members of these forums?

Very true! not sure how i guy like is judging this. He should be banned from this hobby. i dont take lightly when people still from collectors especially that way he did.

That's up to the judges - they do the nominations. I actually asked them a specific question around Medicom, because it seemed to me that there weren't enough of their products on the list in general, and I received very little feedback.

I agree with the comment about there 1/6th line, but their MGS 7" line really was great set of figures.
Oh well, if the judges have passed on them that's their choice, but then again they passed on Neca's T2 line as well, which is even stranger.
Is it because Neca has a lot representation already?

Chris Howes was a judge last year. All of last year's judges were asked back at the beginning of 2009 if they wished to judge again, and at that time he said he did. I haven't heard from him since, but I assume my emails on the updates are getting through to him since they aren't bouncing. It would be interesting to see if he votes, but I won't actually know because all the judges are assigned random numbers to place their vote, so I can't see who picked what. I'd be happy to drop him an email at the address I have for him on the subject of SC members money and see if he responds.

As to the situation with some collectors and he, I have only heard one side and not the other. If it it appears that he continues to not respond to the situation and make it right, then he won't get asked back for 2010 (which is going to be in just another 6 weeks or so when I start working the judges list again), but he was already a part of the process for 2009before this whole thing blew up.

You can continue to discuss Howes in this thread if you'd like, but that's my only statement on the matter.

Great statement. Thanks for clearing up. Honestly I was a little shocked as many seem to be but this explains alot. If you ever happen to get any contact to Howes - especially getting a reply if you ask him about our money - it would be nice if you let us know.
Dont get the reaction wrong... People (me included) are simply pi§§ed which is understandable.

Great statement. Thanks for clearing up. Honestly I was a little shocked as many seem to be but this explains alot. If you ever happen to get any contact to Howes - especially getting a reply if you ask him about our money - it would be nice if you let us know.
Dont get the reaction wrong... People (me included) are simply pi§§ed which is understandable.

Oh, I get that. And yea, I'll send an email his way tonight (I was going to do it sometime in the next month or so anyway, since I need to get acceptable clarification on the situation if he's going to be judging ever again) and I'll let folks know if I get any response.

BTW, people can certainly not vote because he's a judge in the other awards, but they won't be hurting him. They'll only be hurting whomever - like Sideshow - they were going to vote for, making it tougher for them to get the recognition they deserve.

I cast my votes, for what it's worth. I voted for Iron Man MK 1 as 12" figure of the year...it was a close call between that & The Godfather, but in the end, the tremendous amount of overall engineering and detail of the MK 1 armor won out over the best head sculpt of the year IMHO.

The T-800/Mystique PFs included in the voting over Blackbeard?! :monkey1 That is simply a case of a more popular property. :sick

I thought about The Screaming - but I don't know that I'd want bootleg figures in there. And as good as it is, it doesn't really hold a candle to most of the HT releases on an execution level. It may be a more preferred character, but I don't know that would qualify it.

Back