The People's Picks (and Poppies!) Voting has begun!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
The People's Picks (and Poppies!) results are now all complete!

It's that time of year - the time for the Poppies and People's Picks voting for best of 2009! Both are now open, and will run until January 25th.

The Poppies judges include industry folks from the media (like some from this very site), companies (from large companies like Hasbro, to small like Go Hero), to retailers (both brick and mortar and online, mass and specialty), to artists, to a handful of well known collectors. You can see the list of judges here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/poppies_judges_2009.htm

At the same time, and using the same ballot of nominees, it's your chance to cast your vote for the People's Picks! Those industry types completely crazy? We'll see when we compare your picks for best of 2009 to theirs! You can cast your vote in the People's Picks here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/poppies_peoplespicks_2009.htm

If you have any problems, or weirdness ensues, please drop me an email or respond to this thread to let me know. Thanks!

Michael
MWC

Last edited:
And voted! Although a bit surprised "The Screaming" Jack figure from Subway didn't get a nod. That figure was definitely one of last years best.

Best overall low end line should have included Doctor Who (Character Options).

Coolness, nice to learn more about the Darklord and to see the list of judges. Chris Howes, interesting. How do you know all these guys Mike?

Huh, I could have sworn that was in there...must have gotten lost at some point. EDIT - I'm refering to Dr. Who.

With the People's Picks in the old days, I did most of the nominating so it was my fault if something got missed. Now the Poppoes judges do the nominating over the course of the year, so I get to blame them for not catching it :)

Chris Howes in there...lollll And the Josh dont even collect anymore...

I'm surprised you didnt ask P!TU to be a judge, Michael.He's an active and vocalist reviewer of the action figure community with his own site.And revolutionize on-line toys review via youtube.

I'll be doing my picks for best and worst as well of course, but I don't like to publish those til the voting is closed, on the off chance that I might influence anyone.

Chris Howes in there...lollll And the Josh dont even collect anymore...

I'm surprised you didnt ask P!TU to be a judge, Michael.He's an active and vocalist reviewer of the action figure community with his own site.

That's what I thought, and I am pretty sure Josh still picks up the MOTU Classics figures. I always wondered what happened to that guy.

Back