The People's Picks (and Poppies!) Voting has begun!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its sad that I can remember paying $6.88 for the earliest waves of Marvel Legends. Now those figures are like $15, and seem to be lower quality :monkey2

BTW, I got in contact with Howes last night. To be honest, I don't think he's a theif - he got himself in way over his head, and set expectations that were impossible to fulfill. Now he's swamped by all of it, and has chosen the wrong way to get out - turtling up. I'm going to see if I can add any value to the situation, but who knows. I'm going to start with a couple of the folks that are awaiting something, and see if I can get something moving. If not, it was worth a shot.

However, until this all gets sorted out, I've pulled his name off the judges list for the Poppies. I've spent more time than I should have had to trolling through old posts to get more of the story, and it's excessive enough to warrant it.

BTW, I got in contact with Howes last night. To be honest, I don't think he's a theif - he got himself in way over his head, and set expectations that were impossible to fulfill. Now he's swamped by all of it, and has chosen the wrong way to get out - turtling up. I'm going to see if I can add any value to the situation, but who knows. I'm going to start with a couple of the folks that are awaiting something, and see if I can get something moving. If not, it was worth a shot.

However, until this all gets sorted out, I've pulled his name off the judges list for the Poppies. I've spent more time than I should have had to trolling through old posts to get more of the story, and it's excessive enough to warrant it.

Sounds like you've gotten a similar response others have... its an all around very unfortunate situation.

Voted but...where is Predator P1 from Hot Toys????

He might have stolen my vote for Iron Man Mk I if he got on the ballot.

Really though, there were way too many figs that I could have voted for...just so many great figs this year.

Hot Toys just asked all the fans to Vote for them !

Good news! Hot Toys is nominated for the 2009 3rd Poppies Award in 7 categories! Fans, please support us by voting for Hot Toys in the nominated categories! Simply click https://www.mwctoys.com/poppies_peoplespicks_2009.htm and enter your email address to start voting from now till Jan 26, 2010 (Tues). Your vote is ver...y important to us! Just one week more to go. So please vote now! Thanks very much!!

https://www.facebook.com/hottoys

I voted, but only on the sections that don't have glaring omissions.

One exception, was that I voted for Vader, even though the P1 should have been in the running too. I would have still voted Vader anyway, but I'm sure P1 would have given it a run for it's money or any other figure that is winning that category

I found the 12" figure of the year a difficult one... lot of amazing figures; but all very different and hard to make direct comparisons.

Lots of figures missing in the 12" list. I don't understand the theory of not wanting to dilute support of a figure/line by putting multiple figures from the same line in there - surely that's why you have a "best line" category separate to "best figure"?

Lots of figures missing in the 12" list. I don't understand the theory of not wanting to dilute support of a figure/line by putting multiple figures from the same line in there - surely that's why you have a "best line" category separate to "best figure"?

true.

I just skip out polls which arent 12" related. But I just cant help but wonder, why even bother, we know HT is the KING of 1/6 :rolleyes:

Funny that Joker takes top honors two years in a row... and its a very similar image used both times :lol

But a good read; and I'd have to agree with your low rankings on the Indy line from Sideshow. 1/6 Indy was near the top of my must have list; but I recently sold mine for about $20 less than I paid for it :monkey2

I'm a little supprised that the Blackbeard PF didn't make the best list since he is probably one of the top 5 PF's Sideshow has ever made. Maybe the fact that you didn't review him was the reason he was left out? Otherwise that seems like a pretty good list to me.

I'm a little supprised that the Blackbeard PF didn't make the best list since he is probably one of the top 5 PF's Sideshow has ever made. Maybe the fact that you didn't review him was the reason he was left out? Otherwise that seems like a pretty good list to me.

I didn't really get a chance to look him over til this last week, and I doubt many of the judges did either with such a low run. I still wouldn't put him above the Uruk-Hai though, but he is a very nice PF.

Back