The next Star Wars 12" figure is...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YAWN!

TheObsoleteMan said:
The communicator would make for a pretty yawn inducing exclusive.

:drool

A VERY yawn inducing exclusive indeed....

Dooku's lightsaber would be cool, but I don't know that it will be the exclusive, it seems like someone said that exclusives are only available with that figure or something. So to my understanding if that is the case they wouldn't release Dooku's lightsaber as the exclusive since Dooku himself will have it. I'm not positive about that though.

I think I agree with you. Luke's skiff blaster would hopefully not drive you insane if you missed out on it, and I would think that the same would be true for the communicator. I like the idea of an exclusive that is neat, but not essential to your enjoyment of the figure.

I think an exlusive should be something more exciting, not just some throw away accessory. The platform I mentioned in an earlier post or a singed extra cloak, now those would be cool exclusives.

Darklord Dave said:
He'll be on order next week by a new pre-order method. Be sure to read your newsletter this week carefully.

If you scroll down the Anakin preview page you can see the instructions, date and time for priority pre-ordering. There will also be more information sent out in a FLASH newsletter on Wednesday 12/14, if all goes according to plan :)

One thing I want to point out to everyone - you will not be able to set a password for your newsletter account until you get your newsletter from this week. Within it, there will be a link that will direct you to the password set-up. Once you've set it up, you can always use that link from your newsletter to get into the NL account. This link will NOT work for others if you copy and paste it (as far as I understand), so you must get at it through your newsletter, it is based on your subscription. The newsletters were sent out pretty late Pacific Standard Time tonight, so they will be arriving later than normal. But it should give everyone enough time to get their accounts set up before next Friday.

Once your newsletter password account is set-up, using the same email as you normally receive your newsletter at, you just need to make 100% sure that your email address in your SSC user account (the account you use to actually make the purchase) is EXACTLY the same. You can update your email address very easily in the user account interface. This is KEY to priority pre-ordering, as the system will cross-check your email address to make sure you are a newsletter subscriber before allowing you to order during the time set up for the priority pre-orders (about 2 hours).

Also, the Pre-Order Survival Guide is a good resource for tips come pre-order day:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=120905preorder

Hope this helps, and if you have more questions, this is the best place to ask them! :duff

Oh, and if those of you who post on multiple boards could make sure that everyone else understands the process as well, that would be much appreciated :) With change comes confusion - and we want to try to alleviate as much of that as possible! Thanks.

Last edited:
Our recent software upgrade requires current newsletter members to create a password for their accounts. The password is one of the elements that will enable our new 'Priority Pre-order' option for members.

So if somebody does not currently receive the newsletter and signs up for it next week in anticipation of the preorder, they will not receive this week's newsletter, which contains the unique link to help them set up a password. Without that password, they cannot access the priority preorder. So anybody not signed up for the newsletter by last night will not be able to order Anakin during the priority window? Am I understanding this correctly? I think I have this all figured out, but I'm not sure. If this is correct, then I am really anxious to get this week's newsletter!!!

Jesse...
Your avatar is driving me nuts!!!
Everytime I see it I forget what I was doing. Where did you get it from??? I want one :naughty

Here you go, Greedo...

bouncy17qb.gif
bouncy17qb.gif
bouncy17qb.gif
bouncy17qb.gif
bouncy17qb.gif
bouncy17qb.gif
bouncy17qb.gif
bouncy17qb.gif
bouncy17qb.gif
bouncy17qb.gif

My newsletter is over the ocean...

Thanks for posting the avatar tomandshell, it really works soothing. I hurt, since I STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED THE NEWSLETTER!!!!! Should have received it hours ago. Could that be the major change SSC has done: Alice is wiped of the newsletter list...

Last edited:
Oh dear.
I don't see Hayden Christensen in that likeness AT ALL.
I'm not into the prequel movies anyway, but I love Sideshow stuff.
This is one of the worst likenesses I've seen them do though. :confused:

Chris

doesn't look like me at all!!:D
damn sideshow! why didn't you ask me to pose for you?? :banana

anyway, let's not forget it's a $40 DOLL!! not a premium format, so I think it's a good bang for the buck. much better than anything out there in the same price range, and even better than gentle giant and Kotobukiya Anakins!

I was much more impressed with the Luke likeness than anakins, hopefully maybe at a different angle it will look a bit better.

I'm really excited about this one! I hope Annie gluts the market and goes for $20 on eBay someday so I can repaint the head a couple of times!
I'd do Sith Eyes, tear-stained, and scar-less happy dead guy. Woo!

As to the Lady Schik being the exclusive, I think it's fine. Since I'll be at work during the pre-pre-order window, I'm not too freaked about missing out.

Frankly, I'm just stoked about in-scale lightsabers, multiple hands, and accurate costuming/sculpts.

Happy, happy, joy, joy!!!!!!

Back