1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Anakin Skywalker (& STAP) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You’ve certainly changed your tune, didn’t you say it’s a great figure when you were touting the sale on here not that long ago! Snake oil.
I liked it at first but soured on it over time. It's really not a good sculpt. I sold it and have never been tempted to buy it again even though Anakin is my favourite character and The Clone Wars is my favourite Star Wars thing next to ROTS.

I wonder if more people are going to get this version now after the current episode of Ashoka . When HT first release this realistic version I thought ..why? Now we know why…did HT have clue this version of Anakin was coming to live action :LOL:

I liked it at first but soured on it over time. It's really not a good sculpt. I sold it and have never been tempted to buy it again even though Anakin is my favourite character and The Clone Wars is my favourite Star Wars thing next to ROTS.
Did you get your Aragorn from Popcultcha yet?

😉

I’m for real. It’s a re-use of the ROTS sculpt and it has not held up well at all, even before the Artisan version was announced it was outdated.

Looks barely anything like Hayden.

I even sold my dark Anakin for that reason. Never felt the likeness, and never regretted.

With all DUE respect, you guys are STARK RAVING MAD!

FullSizeRender.jpeg

How dare you change your mind based on personal taste, the passage of time, and new information.

What are you, some kind of real human?

Glad I sold mine, that old outdated Anakin head & hair sculpt looks like ****.
Agreed, I never liked the headsculpt so I’ve been without a 1/6 Anakin even though a Jedi Knight Anakin was my biggest want for the longest time. Luckily there’s the custom route so I can put one together I’ll actually be happy with.
As much as I don’t like the sculpt, the hair on this version makes it even worse. Had they translated the animated hair like in Ahsoka, maybe this could have been good, but as is it falls flat for me.

Doesn’t look like him, if it did I would have bought both versions 4 and 5 years ago. Face is too narrow and to me for some reason reminds me of Michael Jackson. Hair is terrible too. IMO

Agreed, I never liked the headsculpt so I’ve been without a 1/6 Anakin even though a Jedi Knight Anakin was my biggest want for the longest time. Luckily there’s the custom route so I can put one together I’ll actually be happy with.
As much as I don’t like the sculpt, the hair on this version makes it even worse. Had they translated the animated hair like in Ahsoka, maybe this could have been good, but as is it falls flat for me.

As is the case with many figures, HT Anakin reflects a particular look for the character at a particular moment in time, with a particular expression. At that, I think the figure does an excellent job of looking like Hayden. But Hayden has as many looks as any human being, so what you may remember in your head at any given moment might not match well.

I think there’s also a little “shiny object” syndrome going on here where all we can see in our brains right now is the new artisan figure which has a different look as well. Is it perfect? Of course not. But when this figure came out, we were pretty much universally drooling and saying it was one of the best sculpts ever….for the time at least.

Even the comparison below doesn't really represent the right head angle and of course lighting, but it seems to me that there is an awful lot of Hayden here.

IMG_4374.jpeg

Then you look at THIS photo and it looks like a cousin once removed 🤣:

IMG_1456.jpeg

Bottom line is that likeness perception is nothing if not subjective…

Last edited:
Back