The next Star Wars 12" figure is...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's an excellent likeness. I'm a little surprised that the first two releases are Jedi though. I figured we'd get them in some kind of rotation between the different categories. But I'll be getting him. He's Darth Vader for god sakes!

Where are you guys seeing the girly hands & comlink?

& is the letter that's being sent out now the same letter we use to order on
the pre-order day? (or is there another letter coming out just for that pre-
order day?) I ask because I usually get mine DAYS after everyone else does.

I think this figure ROCKS! To me, Sideshow getting the S.W. license is
probably THE BEST thing to happen to the 1/6 world!

*ss*

Super Serg said:
I think this figure ROCKS! To me, Sideshow getting the S.W. license is
probably THE BEST thing to happen to the 1/6 world!

*ss*

AMEN!!

I've been contemplating the "what-if-SSC-had-the-SW-license" question ever since I became a devotee. The results are beyond expectation. I was sure that after Episode III, I'd have nothing SW related to get excited about ever again, but this line has me shivering in antici...(widens eyes).......pation (satisfied smile).

I've promised my wife that I wouldn't get every SW figure they made, and I can tell it's going to be a tough promise to keep.

Customikey said:
I've promised my wife that I wouldn't get every SW figure they made, and I can tell it's going to be a tough promise to keep.

Looolllll....I've got the same problem you've got Bro....

Super Serg said:
Where are you guys seeing the girly hands & comlink?
Check out Sideshow's Blog page, a teaser image was put up there just shortly before the main preview image.
As for the likeness, I think it's very close. Just compare Sideshow's teaser image to the image of Anakin on the front of the ROTS DVD. It's all there in the sculpt, the jaw line looks a little off but that could be more from the angle then the sculpt.

I think you also have to take into account that sometimes "poetic license" has to be taken with a likeness in order for it to "seem" accurate. An exact likeness can sometimes look a little off in a smaller scale, making eyes look beedy or the brow looking a bit cavemanesque.

SideshowDusty said:
If you scroll down the Anakin preview page you can see the instructions, date and time for priority pre-ordering. There will also be more information sent out in a FLASH newsletter on Wednesday 12/14, if all goes according to plan :)

One thing I want to point out to everyone - you will not be able to set a password for your newsletter account until you get your newsletter from this week. Within it, there will be a link that will direct you to the password set-up. Once you've set it up, you can always use that link from your newsletter to get into the NL account. This link will NOT work for others if you copy and paste it (as far as I understand), so you must get at it through your newsletter, it is based on your subscription. The newsletters were sent out pretty late Pacific Standard Time tonight, so they will be arriving later than normal. But it should give everyone enough time to get their accounts set up before next Friday.

Once your newsletter password account is set-up, using the same email as you normally receive your newsletter at, you just need to make 100% sure that your email address in your SSC user account (the account you use to actually make the purchase) is EXACTLY the same. You can update your email address very easily in the user account interface. This is KEY to priority pre-ordering, as the system will cross-check your email address to make sure you are a newsletter subscriber before allowing you to order during the time set up for the priority pre-orders (about 2 hours).

Also, the Pre-Order Survival Guide is a good resource for tips come pre-order day:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=120905preorder

Hope this helps, and if you have more questions, this is the best place to ask them! :duff

Oh, and if those of you who post on multiple boards could make sure that everyone else understands the process as well, that would be much appreciated :) With change comes confusion - and we want to try to alleviate as much of that as possible! Thanks.

this isn't directed at you, cause i'm sure you don't set sideshow ordering policy, but this is the stupidest thing i've ever read. how many hoops do we have to jump thru to order a toy? i haven't got a newsletter in over a month! why don't you guys just make 15,000 anakin figures so everyone will have a shot at getting one? wouldn't it be a lot easier just to have a normal time where pre-orders are open to everyone? and how about having pre-orders start at midnight on a friday night so no one has to take off work to get an exclusive?:banghead

The circle is now complete. I was wondering who would become the next announced Star Wars figure, trying to imagine what would make the most sense. Episode III Anakin is a great choice for a second announced figure (we know Padme in arctic gear is coming - before we came to discover Anakin is, of course - but she hasn't been formally announced). "Revenge of the Sith" is about my second or third favorite film in the entire Star Wars saga, and this version of Anakin is my favorite, so I'm quite pleased he's the next figure. I think it's a good likenesss of Hayden Christensen (Mat Falls sculpt?) but want to reserve judgement until more pics arise of Lord Vader.

ani

detail

it doesn't seem to be THAT far off to me. SS's chin does look a little larger, but otherwise an excellent addition to Jedi Luke!

Now the fun begins. I usually get the newsletter 1-2 days late so this oughta be interesting.

Great looking figure!

captain sack said:
this isn't directed at you, cause i'm sure you don't set sideshow ordering policy, but this is the stupidest thing i've ever read. how many hoops do we have to jump thru to order a toy? i haven't got a newsletter in over a month! why don't you guys just make 15,000 anakin figures so everyone will have a shot at getting one? wouldn't it be a lot easier just to have a normal time where pre-orders are open to everyone? and how about having pre-orders start at midnight on a friday night so no one has to take off work to get an exclusive?:banghead
Sideshow is one of the first exclusively online toy and collectable direct sale retailers, They got burned by the major retailers and went online exclusive because of it. One way to insure direct business at their site is to offer Sideshow.com online exclusives, they make a bit more money that way. A larger number of exclusives would hurt sales of the figures from other affiliate retailers, which is another important part of their business. Also, there needs to be some incentive to become a newsletter subscriber. And I personally like the idea that online toy news websites wont be allowed to cheat the loyal newsletter subscribers out of their exclusive.
If you get this weeks newsletter and set up your account it should be fairly easy.
The way it goes is I think on Friday at the time specified, use your new login to Sideshow's website to see the Newsletter, click on the preorder, place your order. You may have to login to your main account too.
I could be wrong about the specifics, I haven't set my account up just yet.
If your not receiving the Newsletter, maybe it would be best to call Sideshow Direct and ask them to send the newsletter to your email, or perhaps they'll help you set up your account over the phone.

What are they trying to do with this new pre-order method? Just put the time up, that should be good enough, I haven't missed an Exc. preorder yet, and now making new accounts etc., it just seems to confusing.

Monster said:
What are they trying to do with this new pre-order method? Just put the time up, that should be good enough, I haven't missed an Exc. preorder yet, and now making new accounts etc., it just seems to confusing.
They're trying to insure that loyal customers that buy Direct from Sideshow.com who are also newsletter subscribers receive first dibs on exclusives over the casual customers who don't buy direct from them. Also, it will prevent Websites from posting the link to the exclusives allowing any shmow to go to Sideshow's website and buy because you have to be confirmed as a newsletter subscriber to place a priority preorder early on.

Here's my 2 cents..............this is a fabulous idea from sideshow & I appluad them for it. Too many times have other boards & websites posted links that are on the newsletters even though the newsletter specifically states not to resulting in fellow newsletter members who get it late missing out. This way everyones link is unique and other websites can't post them to be abused by profiteers

pitchin said:
Here's my 2 cents..............this is a fabulous idea from sideshow & I appluad them for it. Too many times have other boards & websites posted links that are on the newsletters even though the newsletter specifically states not to resulting in fellow newsletter members who get it late missing out. This way everyones link is unique and other websites can't post them to be abused by profiteers

Amen! If your not a newsletter subscriber then too bad. Those that get your newsletters late or not at all should be the most excited for this. You have all week to get you account set up and I am sure Sideshow will help if for some reason you dont get this weeks newsletter. then you will have no worries from now on. You can just log on and view it as well as having an exact time to access the preorders.

Jesse

captain sack said:
this isn't directed at you, cause i'm sure you don't set sideshow ordering policy, but this is the stupidest thing i've ever read. how many hoops do we have to jump thru to order a toy?

Remember these "hoops" are only for the exclusive, it's not like every piece has to be purchased this way.

captain sack said:
i haven't got a newsletter in over a month!

You should be the most happy about this process being you dont get your newsletters. You can just log in and read your newsletter or purchase it.

captain sack said:
why don't you guys just make 15,000 anakin figures so everyone will have a shot at getting one?

There would be endless complaints about edition size if they did that. That's the nature of a limited edition piece there, some people arnt goign to get one.

captain sack said:
wouldn't it be a lot easier just to have a normal time where pre-orders are open to everyone? and how about having pre-orders start at midnight on a friday night so no one has to take off work to get an exclusive?:banghead

I for one don't mind the daylight ordering times, I have internet acces at work so it's usually not a problem. I missed the Luke exclusive becuase there was no warning and it just apeared shortly after the flash email. Because I was so busy at work I missed it, and I am fine with that. It's not Sideshow's obligation to work around my schedule after all these are just toys we are talking about :p . I understand they need to do it while they're still working. It takes alot of work to put a new item like that up for sale. They have to be there incase there are any problems, answer questions, and they have to go through all the orders one by one. I am not going to ask Chris, dusty and the entire crew to stay up all night everytime they list a new item.

Jesse :D

Last edited:
captain sack said:
...wouldn't it be a lot easier just to have a normal time where pre-orders are open to everyone? and how about having pre-orders start at midnight on a friday night so no one has to take off work to get an exclusive?

I agree. One of the only two reasons why I missed out on the exclusive Luke was not wanting to order online while at work. I'm not paid to shop on the internet. It's bad enough that I actually went online there to view the exclusive (when it was finally made available for preorder). I made the mistake of holding off ordering until I was at home (by that time the exclusive was sold out), and won't be making that mistake again. The problem will be in aligning my lunchbreak to coincide with the exact time, or shortly after, that Anakin becomes available. Won't this be a problem for a majority of others too as isn't this the time most of us are working? Wouldn't it be more fair to arrange a midnight showing like they do with anticipated films or with prequel Star Wars merchandise?

captain sack said:
...this is the stupidest thing i've ever read...
Have you not kept up on the various events occurring in Kansas as of late (from ID being taught in science/biology class as an alternative theory to evolution, to the professor who went out of line in his e-mails regarding IDers/creationists, to the assault of same professor allegedly being beaten by two men who targeted him apparently citing his initially planned but scrapped creationism class as a motive, to the suspension of a student for speaking in Spanish in a school hallway/classroom)? :wacky

Last edited:
james1976 said:
detail

it doesn't seem to be THAT far off to me. SS's chin does look a little larger, but otherwise an excellent addition to Jedi Luke!

I think it is mainly the hair that is throwing it off, it's too neat.

Here is a pic of prolly the scene they were trying to imitate:

anakinsideshow23dr.png

EVILFACE said:
I think it is mainly the hair that is throwing it off, it's too neat.

I had nightmares of rooted hair for Anakin, so I'm very happy with the sculpted hair. There are points in the movie where he does look more quaffed, so I think it looks fine. Still rugged, not too girly.

I'm not sure they are trying to capture a specific moment so much as a general feel in the expression. I think the expression on Anakin and Luke is generally representative of how their faces were set throughout the films.

I think people should cut Sideshow some slack for the likeness being a bit off, Hayden has one of those somewhat generic faces that can be tough to capture. It's much easier to capture the likeness of someone like Sean Connery or Charlton Heston or even post car crash Mark Hamill because they have more unique, pronounced facial features. It may not look 100% like Hayden, but it's still very high quality and does capture the spirit of the character.

Back