The next Star Wars 12" figure is...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheObsoleteMan said:
...Hayden has one of those somewhat generic faces that can be tough to capture. It's much easier to capture the likeness of someone like Sean Connery or Charlton Heston or even post car crash Mark Hamill because they have more unique, pronounced facial features....

Damn straight! :eek:

:D

I forgot to mention earlier that Sideshow staff themselves are probably at work during the afternoon hours, which may be the reason why, with these two Star Wars figures at least, the preorders have gone up at these times. I don't know how much work is involved in making these preorders available, nor do I know when the best, most fair time would be for the majority of fans to preorder the figures, but afternoon or even morning hours (not early morning) seems untimely for the majority. It's too much to ask for someone to manuever around work to place an order, but not so during late hours. Having said this I feel for those who work late in the evening or early in the morning (around and past midnight).

Forgive, my shallow thinking, it just occurred to me that there are other continents on this planet other than North and South America. Are they permitted to place their preorders simultaneously with the rest of us? If so, perhaps the afternoon hours is more fair a time for the majority around the globe than simply the majority here or near the U.S. I don't know if this is true but it's something to think about.

I think it looks great, the likeness is definately there. But is it just me, or does anyone else see a little bit of Joe Perry from Aerosmith?

Promising Galahad said:
I forgot to mention earlier that Sideshow staff themselves are probably at work during the afternoon hours, which may be the reason why, with these two Star Wars figures at least, the preorders have gone up at these times. I don't know how much work is involved in making these preorders available, nor do I know when the best, most fair time would be for the majority of fans to preorder the figures, but afternoon or even morning hours (not early morning) seems untimely for the majority. It's too much to ask for someone to manuever around work to place an order, but not so during late hours. Having said this I feel for those who work late in the evening or early in the morning (around and past midnight).

Forgive, my shallow thinking, it just occurred to me that there are other continents on this planet other than North and South America. Are they permitted to place their preorders simultaneously with the rest of us? If so, perhaps the afternoon hours is more fair a time for the majority around the globe than simply the majority here or near the U.S. I don't know if this is true but it's something to think about.

example.
10am PST - 1pmEST - 6pmGMT

So me being in United Kingdom I must remeber to be around at 6pm.

If it was 5pmPST then I would have to stay up till 1am.

screamingmetal said:
Sideshow is one of the first exclusively online toy and collectable direct sale retailers, They got burned by the major retailers and went online exclusive because of it. One way to insure direct business at their site is to offer Sideshow.com online exclusives, they make a bit more money that way. A larger number of exclusives would hurt sales of the figures from other affiliate retailers, which is another important part of their business. Also, there needs to be some incentive to become a newsletter subscriber. And I personally like the idea that online toy news websites wont be allowed to cheat the loyal newsletter subscribers out of their exclusive.
If you get this weeks newsletter and set up your account it should be fairly easy.
The way it goes is I think on Friday at the time specified, use your new login to Sideshow's website to see the Newsletter, click on the preorder, place your order. You may have to login to your main account too.
I could be wrong about the specifics, I haven't set my account up just yet.
If your not receiving the Newsletter, maybe it would be best to call Sideshow Direct and ask them to send the newsletter to your email, or perhaps they'll help you set up your account over the phone.

This is a very good and simple way to explain the process. As long as your email addresses match in each account and you are logged into both at the specificied time period (10 am-12 noon PST) that's it.

And don't forget, if you don't really care about getting exclusives, then the Regular edition ordering works the normal way.

If you read and follow the directions and pay attention to the tips in the Pre-Order survival guide, there should be no problem. There is finally a way to reward those of you who regularly read the newsletter! For those of you who have a history of receiving the newsletter at sporatic times, this set-up will be ideal for you as well, because now all you'll have to do is log-in to this account as soon as you hear word that the newsletter has been released (through the boards, on the Sideshow site, or through your Sideshow RSS subscription).

If someone ends up not getting this particular newsletter this week, please believe me when I say all will be taken care of next week BEFORE Friday! :)

Oh, and we can't begin pre-orders in the middle of the night. Pre-Orders must take place at a time when all Customer Service reps are in the office, since we start getting a lot of phone calls during pre-orders. :duff

SideshowDusty said:
If someone ends up not getting this particular newsletter this week, please believe me when I say all will be taken care of next week BEFORE Friday! :)

That's good to hear as I haven't received it yet. :)

I hate having to wait for more pictures to be available to look at. I am curious to see how sideshow did Anakin's gloved hand. Anyone know why they don't release more pictures prior to making thier figures available for pre-order?

Welcome bronco - this is standard for revealing a new product. One preview picture and then more shots when the item goes up for order. The preview is just a tease to tell us what to expect. For Luke we didn't even get a head shot.

Darklord Dave said:
Welcome bronco - this is standard for revealing a new product. One preview picture and then more shots when the item goes up for order. The preview is just a tease to tell us what to expect. For Luke we didn't even get a head shot.

Yeah but it still stinks having to wait to behold the greatness of it all. even if its only another week. i still have not gotten my newsletter yet either, trying to hold off the panic....

i never get mine until a couple days after... i usually find stuff out here. like the PF Leia exclusive.... no chance at all for me to get in on it. :confused: i was so pissed. the same went for the 12 " exclusive luke... im gonna camp out for the anakin like i did for the exlucsive grievous. i sat in front of the computer for 8 hours watching movies and refreshing the pages every 15 minutes until i finally got my order in :joy

hairlesswookiee said:
i never get mine until a couple days after... i usually find stuff out here. like the PF Leia exclusive.... no chance at all for me to get in on it. :confused: i was so pissed. the same went for the 12 " exclusive luke... im gonna camp out for the anakin like i did for the exlucsive grievous. i sat in front of the computer for 8 hours watching movies and refreshing the pages every 15 minutes until i finally got my order in :joy

Jesus! I hope the films where ok?

Last edited:
Back