The NEXT Indiana Jones 1/6 FIGURE.......?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah! Mixing movies/genres on the shelves is tricky! Although it helps me to keep my focus on my collection. If I have to trim some fat from my pre-orders, it's usually those outliers that go first.

Make sure you show us your kitbashed German Indy, Flosi!

:lol Quite true.... My issue is this: I really only collect a.)Star Wars b.)Indy c.)Superheroes.... Though Predator is one of my all time favorites I had stayed away, which was easy since I've never even seen AVPs and had no real interest in Pred 2. Once the Original stuff came out I gave in over time and picked him up, so now he clashes with my other figures... I also have Snake-Eyes coming now, so two outliers...

Well, once you get Snake Eyes, prepare to make more room for the rest of the Joes. Quality-wise, they're Sideshow's best 1:6 line.

Yeah! Mixing movies/genres on the shelves is tricky! Although it helps me to keep my focus on my collection. If I have to trim some fat from my pre-orders, it's usually those outliers that go first.

Make sure you show us your kitbashed German Indy, Flosi!

I didn't work on it at all... Had the house to myself so I worked on my Dewback and got it 100% finished.... Indy will have to wait.

Well, once you get Snake Eyes, prepare to make more room for the rest of the Joes. Quality-wise, they're Sideshow's best 1:6 line.

I'm having a bit of an issue. What do you think: I'm Waitlisted for Stormshadow EX which will run me est: 137 after shipping and tax, or I can get the non EX for 122 shipped right now.... Why would I wait for something I may not get and if I do I'd simply pay 15 bucks more for nunchuks? Thoughts?

I think I would wait. You could probably pick up a regular down the line if the waitlist doesn't work out for you (or if you can't wait any longer!). But I would give the Ex a chance.

To be honest I think I'm going to wait for Snake-Eyes first anyway. Get my hands on him, do some mods etc.

Probably best anyways. For the Joe line especially, your chances of having an EX WL fulfilled are VERY slim. BUT, that said, I'd order him anyway and keep the Wait List. Worst case scenario, they send you an Ex and you have two options. Sell the regular and keep the Ex (I doubt you'll lose any money on the sale), or keep the regular and sell the Ex. You can either flip it for more on ebaY (which I'm not condoning :p), or sell it to a freak who'll be more than willing to pay you what you spent.

Regarding the German Indy: I did the math and to kit bash one (using Newline products) would cost almost as much as SS's version. As far as the non-removable hat (which I still can't believe they did) is concerned. It wouldn't take much to use the non-hatted Raiders head. Maybe add a little gash to the forehead? ;)

Although the Newline stuff would have added realism and value to the kit bash figure, it was the bazooka that killed the project for me. Being scratch-built, it's not like you can buy one from Monkey Depot or something.

Unfortunately, Sideshow's bazooka isn't accurate either. But that don't bother me none! ;)

I was, however, looking to get the Crystal Skull bazooka. Anyone know of a good one that matches the movie?

Unfortunately, Sideshow's bazooka isn't accurate either. But that don't bother me none! ;)

I was, however, looking to get the Crystal Skull bazooka. Anyone know of a good one that matches the movie?

I think it's a RPG-7... not 100% sure on that though.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ULTIMATE-SOLDIER-MODERN-RUSSIAN-RPG-GUN-SET-1-6_W0QQitemZ360192886479QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53dd2b46cf&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

There are some loose ones on EVILbay too. Just do a search for RPG in the action figures section. I think the HT Chris Redfield RE4 figure had one....

Its a little different than the RPG-7.. ( notice that additional vertical piece on the one you linked to.. right behind the pistol grip..) the film used weapon does not have that.. ( at least as best as I can remember it doesn't)... There used to be a handful of different RPG weapons on the 1/6 market... a company called Armoury did a few years back.. I'll have to dig around and see what I can find..

The RPG didn't exist in 36 or something so it shouldn't even be in the movie, but its a custom of some sort the prop department rigged up.

EXCELLENT! Thanks T.E.D.! And thanks, Flosi! The Russian ones look pretty darn close, so I'll probably get one of those if I can't find the Chinese Type 69.

I wanted Sallah, so I could use his head and make Arturo from Sliders!

In looking through the 300 pg new catalog, 30 of which towards the back are for 1:6, I was reminded how far Sideshow has moved past the 12" figures. I'm surprised we've gotten as many Indy figs as we have.

That blows since I only but 1:6 figures but it makes sense they'd decide to limit their output. Hot Toys blows them away with their Terminators and Iron Man lines, though I have been more impressed with Sideshow's Indy figures. They go all out with accessories.

That blows since I only but 1:6 figures but it makes sense they'd decide to limit their output. Hot Toys blows them away with their Terminators and Iron Man lines, though I have been more impressed with Sideshow's Indy figures. They go all out with accessories.

You think Indy's good, you should see what they're doing with the Joes. That whole line is the perfect reason why Sideshow should still be producing 1:6. They come in at 60% less cost with only a smidgen less quality than HT.

I think it's a RPG-7... not 100% sure on that though.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ULTIMATE-SOLDIER-MODERN-RUSSIAN-RPG-GUN-SET-1-6_W0QQitemZ360192886479QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53dd2b46cf&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

There are some loose ones on EVILbay too. Just do a search for RPG in the action figures section. I think the HT Chris Redfield RE4 figure had one....

I just got the Russian RPG on Monkey Depot for $2.99 on sale!

There are some differences, as it was pointed out earlier but it's close enough for me.

Back