The NEXT Indiana Jones 1/6 FIGURE.......?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Might be awhile since we just got Henry and Jones with fridge, but I'm curious what the next could be.

Most guesses will be Mola Ram I'm sure, or ToD Indy.

SS has already said there will be no Marcus (no surprise), no Sallah and no Marion (which comes as a huge surprise). So other than a possible Indy in Arab Disguise, I guess 'Raiders' is done.

Most likely figures:

Mola Ram
ToD Indy
Spalko

Other than those 3, I don't see much else having a chance. Though I hope for some more.

P.S.: With Indy, Belloq and Toht on my shelf (along with a custom Dietrich), I really feel the need to have a MARION to be complete. Someone for Indy. Or Sallah.

i hope that they do a Short Round (I know, i know, it will never happen).

SS should have done a "Well of the Souls" Marion and a "Well of the Souls" Sallah (What? Indy is not allowed to have friends? ... Indy has to carry the Ark by himself).

I would think that they would next have a "Last Crusade" Indy or Mola Ram.

I have to say though, I am happy ever day when I look at my SS Trevor Indy stuff : )

I was hoping for Dietrech and Marion before Raiders was done.

Mola Ram is a good bet and hopefully Col. Vogel from the Last Crusade . After
German Indy most likely no more Indies more me unless the TOD one looks really good. I don't think we'll see any Indies for a bit though since German Indy isn't far off and KOTC Indy is Q1 2010.

SS has already said there will be no Marcus (no surprise), no Sallah and no Marion (which comes as a huge surprise). So other than a possible Indy in Arab Disguise, I guess 'Raiders' is done.

When did they say this? That sucks.

Well Marcus I can understand. You can't compare Indy to Star Wars as far as collectibles, every little background guy can sell well enough for Star Wars, with Indy it seems like there isn't as much support, so character importance isn't as big a factor as selling power. At $70-$90, you probably won't get many to buy a Marcus, or even Sallah. Marion I don't get though, I would think she'd be as important and buy worth for Raiders collectors as the others that have been made.

That saddens me that SS won't be making a Sallah and a Marion. I was hoping that they would. If it came down to a choice between the two, I'd have to go with Marion - I had a crush on her big time when the movie came out ! :)

Well Marcus I can understand. You can't compare Indy to Star Wars as far as collectibles, every little background guy can sell well enough for Star Wars, with Indy it seems like there isn't as much support, so character importance isn't as big a factor as selling power. At $70-$90, you probably won't get many to buy a Marcus, or even Sallah. Marion I don't get though, I would think she'd be as important and buy worth for Raiders collectors as the others that have been made.

True, True but I meant Marcus is as important to Indy as R2 and C3po are to star wars...as far as collectibles I'm still glade they have kill the Indy line:D.
And I really hope to Marcus has his day as a collectible (1/6 or 3 3/4):gun

I think not making Marion is a big mistake. If they added a very cool exclusive and kept the overall numbers down it would do well. It just sucks that the Hero/Villain ratio is so one sided.

It IS very strange that they definitively said no Marion. I mean, we never even got the headpiece to the Staff of Ra with any of the Raiders figures. It made me think getting Marion with the headpiece was always a possibility before they made that announcement. Maybe they'll reconsider.

I wouldn't mind an Indy from each movie. I think they'll look great on a shelf. Hard to say what the next one will be though, since they jumped from Raiders to LC to KS. There seems to be no rhyme or reason.

Yeah, the Marion and Sallah comment was a big surprise. I mean, if they're not important enough than who else really is? They were both in two films.

Anyway, last hope on the Ra headpiece is an Indy in Arab Disguise, which could also have the entire floor piece to go with it.... in polystone of course. :D

You know, if there was some way to get a good custom headsculpt of Marion and Sallah I would really try to make them both myself.

That is pretty shocking (no Marion, Sallah, Marcus)...

I have to grudgingly admit, axing Marcus is somewhat understandable, but Sallah? And MARION? Indy's leading lady?

What that tells me is that after we get a few more versions of Indy, the 1:6 line is probably going to fade out, and that's too bad...it's a line that could probably be sustained with one or two figures a year for a while and have a small, but devoted following.

If no Marion, than I guess the chances of seeing Spalko are next to none... :(

I have Lara Croft on my Indy shelf, and had a passing thought that I could dress her in Marion's Bar outfit as a temporary substitute. I know Lara's all kinds of va-va-voom compared to Karen Allen's more understated natural beauty, but Lara's got close enough 'do. What do you reckon she would need clothes-wise? Khaki pants, an olive green button down shirt and a scarf? Seems easy enough to kit bash.

I said this before and I'll say it again.

Marion is Indy's true love. His female counterpart. She is his wife, and the mother of his child.

If we aren't getting her, we aren't getting any females from this line, and that pisses me off.

In fact its a big reason I canceled Toht, and won't buy anything other then Henry Sr. and the Indy I already have. No Marion = No interest in secondary characters at all. They made a HUGE mistake saying they won't make her because that was the day my interest in this line died.

I still think we will see Marion, but i think we are going to see a new female body soon, sideshow have stated in Q n As that we wont be seeing GI Joe females till next year and most recently they mentioned that they have a Padme in development with a finished headsculpt but that wont be seen till next year either, so i think they will debut new female figures on the new female prometheus. They did say in the Q n A that Marion was a longshot but they didn't rule her out completely did they?

Here is Sideshow's statement from the April 22 Q&A:

"We would love for the line to continue on for a long, long time. Marion, Sallah and Marcus are on our wish list of characters for 1:6 scale figures, but fall behind others in terms of popularity and for what we believe will translate best into 1:6 scale form."

Some of the next 1:6 I think we'll see is Mola Ram and ToD Indy, maybe even Shorty to use the Hobbit body.

Personally, I'd like to see various incarnations of Indy (Map Room, ToD, Club Obi-wan, etc.), along with Mola Ram, Sallah, and Marion...maybe even another Belloq. Admittedly I'm more interested in Raiders and ToD figures than I am with LC and KOTCS.

Back