The NEXT Indiana Jones 1/6 FIGURE.......?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like a 15" or so crystal skeleton.
Monster collectors might also buy.

Elsa in german uniform would be interesting.
But there's not much love for her.

I'd like a 15" or so crystal skeleton.
Monster collectors might also buy.

Elsa in german uniform would be interesting.
But there's not much love for her.

I don't think it's a lack of love for her, just that there are considerably more significant characters we'd like to see first.

Damn, this thread has me down... really, if you read the conversation it leads you to only one conclusion: the line is going to die soon. Either that or we'll be drowning in Indys. Mola Ram will be made but aside from that what else aside from Indy variants? Absolutly everything worth while has been shot down by SS during Q&As....

Possibly KOTCS figures.... but those are not what we want. Am I wrong?

Sideshow might as well make Shorty. They've got the body that's just being wasted now that LOTR is out of the picture.

At $90 a pop for figures, I'm going to be pretty picky about what characters I buy. I have absolutely no interest in KOTCS figures and LC is not far behind. Save for Henry Sr., seems my interest stops with ToD.

And I think herein lies the problem Sideshow faces with secondary characters. Collectors' interests are all over the board across the four films when it comes to what characters they'd want to see made. I think Sideshow will have a hard time finding a character beyond Mola Ram that everyone seems to be on board with and will be a good sell. Cherry picking what figures to make may not be the best option for Sideshow at this point and they won't go all out...so the line may end sooner than we all hoped it would.

Two characters that seemed to be a given in terms of popularity were already nixed: Marion and Sallah. BOTH of whom were in two films.

Now if those are considered non-sellers, then certainly there is no one else (short of Mola Ram) worthy given the sales so far.

This pattern seems familiar (LOTR anyone?): several figures announced (Hobbits, and in this case old Indy and Henry) then a long deep breath while we wait... until the final figure is announced (Gandalf, in this case Mola Ram).

Also happened with Bond... a long, long, long pause until the Moonraker figure.

Perhaps the pause is due to an internal 'hard' look at a line to decide its survival, and once it's decided to 'end the line' we get that one final figure that finally spits out.

Two characters that seemed to be a given in terms of popularity were already nixed: Marion and Sallah. BOTH of whom were in two films.

Now if those are considered non-sellers, then certainly there is no one else (short of Mola Ram) worthy given the sales so far.

This pattern seems familiar (LOTR anyone?): several figures announced (Hobbits, and in this case old Indy and Henry) then a long deep breath while we wait... until the final figure is announced (Gandalf, in this case Mola Ram).

Also happened with Bond... a long, long, long pause until the Moonraker figure.

Perhaps the pause is due to an internal 'hard' look at a line to decide its survival, and once it's decided to 'end the line' we get that one final figure that finally spits out.

Yea I also think something like this will happen. I am cool with that as long as we keep getting some PF, dioramas and prop replicas.

To be honest, I got Indy, Belloq and TOHT, so I'm pretty happy. Sure, I'd love some more but in the end those were the three I really wanted and that's what I got. Mola Ram will be excellent icing.

I do still want a Nepal Marion somehow... but I believe that will have to be a custom job for the future.

To be honest, I got Indy, Belloq and TOHT, so I'm pretty happy. Sure, I'd love some more but in the end those were the three I really wanted and that's what I got. Mola Ram will be excellent icing.

I do still want a Nepal Marion somehow... but I believe that will have to be a custom job for the future.

I am curious though if they are going to decide to not do a 1/6 Mola Ram if they do a PF Mola Ram and the diorama.

I am curious though if they are going to decide to not do a 1/6 Mola Ram if they do a PF Mola Ram and the diorama.

Possible I suppose. It would seem like way too much Mola. :)

The diorama is a given. But like the Antilles/Vader dio, that didn't hold up 1/6 Antilles or Vader.

So I'd say, if anything, that a PF Mola Ram is at risk of not happening.

Dio and 1/6 Mola seems most likely.

I'd like to see Sideshow do, at the very least, ToD Indy. Mola Ram would be even better, just so we have something from ToD represented in 1:6. It's the only movie to not have any figure released from.

Possible I suppose. It would seem like way too much Mola. :)

The diorama is a given. But like the Antilles/Vader dio, that didn't hold up 1/6 Antilles or Vader.

So I'd say, if anything, that a PF Mola Ram is at risk of not happening.

Dio and 1/6 Mola seems most likely.

Yea, only reason I bring up the Mola Ram PF is that in some Q&A they said there were multiple Temple of Doom PFs maybe that was a tempo but if not what other PF do you think they would do besides Indy for ToD?

Sideshow might as well make Shorty. They've got the body that's just being wasted now that LOTR is out of the picture.

At $90 a pop for figures, I'm going to be pretty picky about what characters I buy. I have absolutely no interest in KOTCS figures and LC is not far behind. Save for Henry Sr., seems my interest stops with ToD.

And I think herein lies the problem Sideshow faces with secondary characters. Collectors' interests are all over the board across the four films when it comes to what characters they'd want to see made. I think Sideshow will have a hard time finding a character beyond Mola Ram that everyone seems to be on board with and will be a good sell. Cherry picking what figures to make may not be the best option for Sideshow at this point and they won't go all out...so the line may end sooner than we all hoped it would.

Would most buy a $90 9" figure? Or would they scoff at the price the way they did with the Hobbits?

Yea, only reason I bring up the Mola Ram PF is that in some Q&A they said there were multiple Temple of Doom PFs maybe that was a tempo but if not what other PF do you think they would do besides Indy for ToD?

I do recall them saying after the Radiers PF that other PFs were planned but I don't recall them specifically stating they'd be ToD.

I'd like to see Sideshow do, at the very least, ToD Indy. Mola Ram would be even better, just so we have something from ToD represented in 1:6. It's the only movie to not have any figure released from.

TOD Indy does have one thing going for it IMO, the hat. I always loved the way his hat fits him in TOD, a little larger and sitting lower towards his brow. :gun

Back