1/4 Scale - Raiders of the Lost Ark - Indiana Jones statue by Arnie Kim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your comments The Rogster.
I also don't like the fact that he's holding the sandbag and the whip. I personally think that the whip should be on his belt and the revolver in his other hand. Luckily, this can be done because the hand is sculpted to hold the bag or revolver, and the gunbelt has a functional whip holder which can support the whip on his belt. I vented my opinion to Arnie saying that it looks fussy to have Indy holding something in both hands but he wanted to display it like that and since this is his vision, I'm happy to know that I can change it around a bit once I get it.
I sent him a sample of leather from my Tony Nowak Raiders jacket which apparently was matched to the leather used on THE hero jacket that Ford wears which is now in a private collection. Arnie has matched his leather color to the sample I sent to him so that's good enough for me.

Cking, congratulations on being able to grab this and being a helping hand in the process. I. Sure your references were appreciated by Arnie. If I could, I’d be on this. However, I think the jacket is more black than brown here. While it should be the other way around. Yes the raiders jacket is very dark, but still, more brown than black
. I also think the sleeves should sit just a bit lower, over the hand a bit. I wish there was more character put into the pose or posture too. That lean that the SS PF achieved is great. Also why the bag? I wish he was gripping that revolver.
This thing in my eyes has its flaws and stuff but where the hell are you going to find an Indy that looks even this good?! It looks amazing, best Indy ever probably. It’s truly a work of art. People will always see faults in things like this. We all perceive things differently. As long as you love it, that’s all that matters, but I promise you, that all of us nitpicking, wish we could grab it all the same. Haha

Thanks for your comments The Rogster.
I also don't like the fact that he's holding the sandbag and the whip. I personally think that the whip should be on his belt and the revolver in his other hand. Luckily, this can be done because the hand is sculpted to hold the bag or revolver, and the gunbelt has a functional whip holder which can support the whip on his belt. I vented my opinion to Arnie saying that it looks fussy to have Indy holding something in both hands but he wanted to display it like that and since this is his vision, I'm happy to know that I can change it around a bit once I get it.
I sent him a sample of leather from my Tony Nowak Raiders jacket which apparently was matched to the leather used on THE hero jacket that Ford wears which is now in a private collection. Arnie has matched his leather color to the sample I sent to him so that's good enough for me.
Awesome. Just waiting for your reply. Lol

This is truly a great piece. One thing though, by the time Jones was using the sandbag he didn't have his bullwhip on him. Nit picky, I know. :)

Not nit picky at all! I really don't like the choice to have him holding the sandbag and the whip. I'll be putting that sandbag into the shoulder bag for sure and may just have him holding the whip in one hand. I think it looks clumsy to have him holding something in both hands. Arnie likes it though but luckily it won't be glued into his hand!

This is truly a great piece. One thing though, by the time Jones was using the sandbag he didn't have his bullwhip on him. Nit picky, I know. :)

Not nit picky at all! I really don't like the choice to have him holding the sandbag and the whip. I'll be putting that sandbag into the shoulder bag for sure and may just have him holding the whip in one hand. I think it looks clumsy to have him holding something in both hands. Arnie likes it though but luckily it won't be glued into his hand!
Only time he ever holds two things in his hands is ether the gun and whip or the idol and whip at least it makes more since that way.

Back