The Lone Gunmen, Skinner and M&S X-files Headsculpts set by C.Howes Interest Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Lone Gunmen, Skinner and M&S X-files Headsculpts set by C.Howes Interest Thre

I don't see anything baffling. He took lots of money, delivered very little to very few of what he promised and vanished.

Re: The Lone Gunmen, Skinner and M&S X-files Headsculpts set by C.Howes Interest Thre

I don't see anything baffling. He took lots of money, delivered very little to very few of what he promised and vanished.

No, what is baffling is why it happened. Chris was a great guy and made 4 awesome sculpts here before anything bad started happening. That IS baffling.

No, what is baffling is why it happened. Chris was a great guy and made 4 awesome sculpts here before anything bad started happening. That IS baffling.

I admittedly missed a lot of what was going on with Chris and his numerous projects over the past several months for reasons of my own, but I still find it hard to believe he deliberately set out to defraud anyone.

Call it a gut feeling, (unless somebody knows something to the contrary), but maybe something's happened to him (an illness or some other situation beyond his control). That might explain why he's stopped answering emails and so on.

Without word from the man himself it's hard to know exactly what's going on. Sometimes **** happens, and there's not a whole lot one can do about it, even if intentions are good. For everyone concerned I hope things all work out for the best in the end.

WTF? Might be interesting if I understood German (which I don't, except for a few words)... and the "English" comments there were generally unintelligible! :monkey4

What the??!!! :horror

my browser translated it - don't think it's the same Chris Howes - they were talking about some deals in the UK or something... maybe our Chris got caught up in all of this, but it's not the same person. Anyway, I sent him another e-mail I guess we'll see what happens.

6 emails to him this month, no response...

WOW. I am glad that my payment to Chris Howe was delayed. Phew! And I thought I would be the unlucky one!

I understand that everyone is worried about their money, but considering his reputation, I would be more concerned that he is healthy!

Does someone here know him personally? Can someone check to see if he is Okay?

Many of us could easily be in the same situation: working on projects when something bad happens and no one on the boards knowing anything about it.

Well, with a new Scully sculpt seeming pretty darn unlikely at this point, and the Sideshow one costing about a zillion dollars to acquire if you can find one, does anyone have a well-painted one from Ada to show what that one looks like? Seems like it may be the only way to get a Scully head nowadays.

A zillion dollars? I'd make one for half of that! Zillion is more than a Quadrillion right? ;)

I understand that everyone is worried about their money, but considering his reputation, I would be more concerned that he is healthy!

Does someone here know him personally? Can someone check to see if he is Okay?

Many of us could easily be in the same situation: working on projects when something bad happens and no one on the boards knowing anything about it.

I had the same thought and even mentioned it a while back. He was working on some other projects on this board and was posting progress pics from time to time before everything sort of went south. It could just be that he bit off more than he could chew and got so overextended that he decided to bail rather than deal with it, but as you said, given the good reputation he apparently had, it's hard to believe he'd let it all go to hell like this unless something happened to him that was beyond his control.

The worst thing about all this is that there's been no communication, so nobody really seems to know exactly what's going on or why, at least as far as I can tell. The possibility that something serious may have happened to him is not entirely out of the question, considering the circumstances.

I had the same thought and even mentioned it a while back. He was working on some other projects on this board and was posting progress pics from time to time before everything sort of went south. It could just be that he bit off more than he could chew and got so overextended that he decided to bail rather than deal with it, but as you said, given the good reputation he apparently had, it's hard to believe he'd let it all go to hell like this unless something happened to him that was beyond his control.

The worst thing about all this is that there's been no communication, so nobody really seems to know exactly what's going on or why, at least as far as I can tell. The possibility that something serious may have happened to him is not entirely out of the question, considering the circumstances.

Thought hes banned... I doubt he could post any more updates :rolleyes:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/member.php?u=4248

Interesting. It is kind of hard to reply when you are banned.

I missed getting in on this because I had been wanting these since before SS announced them. Then waited patiently...until SS canceled them. Then this came up. I missed it but I would have done it if I were not between jobs at the time.

I guess I should have stuck to my original plan. My LG figures still stand headless.
3042139895_0a3b252819.jpg

Let's hope it all turns out well for everyone.

Last edited:

Thought hes banned... I doubt he could post any more updates :rolleyes:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/member.php?u=4248

I hadn't heard that until just now, but then my computer was fried for about 8 months before I could have it fixed back in the states, which was during the time all the problems started with Chris and his numerous projects here. Guess I must've missed that news.

I can understand banning him if the admins decided he was indeed only here to scam some people and then skip town, so to speak. As Masao said, though, banning him would effectively cut him off from trying to make things right with people, in the case that his failures to deliver were due to circumstances beyond his control.

I really don't know what's happening beyond what I've read here and on other threads, though none of it has been particularly positive for quite some time, understandably. I was also really looking forward to having the Lone Gunmen in my collection, along with several of the other sculpts he was reportedly working on. Fortunately I hadn't paid for anything in advance, but it's still extremely disappointing. :(

Okay, I just had a look at his profile page and saw that he's been officially banned. That sucks. Also read the letter he posted the link to about the harassment issues he was apparently dealing with. If all that is true then I can see why he's not exactly chomping at the bit to follow through on the projects he started here. Though if he's a man of his word and is serious about restoring his reputation, I expect he'll deliver as promised, in spite of all that's happened here since things went south.

Anyway, in the meantime maybe someone else on the board will decide to sculpt some of these characters. I'm not particular about who does the work, as long as the likenesses are good, they don't cost an arm and a leg, and they're completed within a reasonable amount of time.

He's banned because he never posted, updated or produced what he claimed he was working on. After taking $11,000 - $17,000 from folks there is NO excuse for not posting updates. His first excuse was that Russian spamers had taken over his computer, then he posted about being harassed. Neither are viable excuses for what he did. He is not a man of his word and apparently has no regard for those he swindled or any interest in restoring his reputation, if that were even possible.
However, lots of other folks are better sculptors than him and some of his other "projects" were already replaced by other folks.
Nanjin, Spenser and SFM have/or will have Star Trek sculpts.
Spenser and Vartal have done Ghostbusters sculpts.
I'm sure we may see more if the interest is truly there and stays focused.

Back