The Cape

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I enjoyed it quite a bit. With it following Chuck on Mondays, it may have a good chance. I think the style and concept could fair well with Chuck fans.

I enjoyed it quite a bit. With it following Chuck on Mondays, it may have a good chance. I think the style and concept could fair well with Chuck fans.

I agree. I love Chuck and I really enjoyed the first episode. Chuck unfortuntely is sitting on the cancellation button once again...which means being liked by Chuck fans might not be a good thing...

I get so tired people bashing shows like this because they require some suspension of disbelief. So the guy uses a cape in a way that might not be possible in real life...THATS THE POINT OF THE SHOW. If it WERE like real life, the guy would still be a cop and it would be a cop drama...

I get so tired people bashing shows like this because they require some suspension of disbelief. So the guy uses a cape in a way that might not be possible in real life...THATS THE POINT OF THE SHOW. If it WERE like real life, the guy would still be a cop and it would be a cop drama...

Exactly. That's what I meant about it being totally comic book style.

Only problem I had with the whole cape thing was the execution: that whole scene at the docks was a rip off of Batman Begins. From the stuffed animals carrying contraband, to the criminals suddenly being pulled away into darkness to the setting itself. Overall there's just too much deja vu for my tastes. Too many things I've already seen.

Got solid ratings last night though. So that's some good news for fans of it.

I thought it was pretty good. Yeah, it wasn't exactly original, but it beats the hell out of another crime scene type cop show or all the reality garbage. How many super hero shows are there?

I'm hoping Roddy Piper shows up to fight Keith David. :lol

Last edited:
It was about what I expected. Kinda reminded of the cheesy stuff from the 90's like MANTIS, Flash, etc. I'll hang with it for a little while to see where it goes, and to oggle Summer Glau.

A bit too hokey for me. I tried an hour of it then deleted it. If it had more midget wrestling in it then it might have held my attention better.

I honestly didn't mind the campy/cheesy feel of it. But like I said, just too much deja vu for me. That whole dock scene ripping off BB, Scales is a blatant rip off of Killer Croc, Chess looks like the Rocketeer with some stupid ass contacts, That T:SCC chick is a rip off of Batgirl/The Oracle and her secret network is a rip off of Dark Angel's "Eyes Only" and the structure rips off Heroes with every "chapter" (segment) named like a comic book.

Meh..

I honestly didn't mind the campy/cheesy feel of it. But like I said, just too much deja vu for me. That whole dock scene ripping off BB, Scales is a blatant rip off of Killer Croc, Chess looks like the Rocketeer with some stupid ass contacts, That T:SCC chick is a rip off of Batgirl/The Oracle and her secret network is a rip off of Dark Angel's "Eyes Only" and the structure rips off Heroes with every "chapter" (segment) named like a comic book.

Meh..

I thought of most of that too, but still enjoyed the ride. :dunno

Meh..

Well, lets be honest...what ISNT a rip off these days? I'm not saying its a good thing, but what fresh idea has Hollywood put out recently?

Besides, I don't think that it's any secret that "The Cape" is a generic Batman (minus the back story). That was 100% evident going in IMO. I don't mind criticism, but I hate when someone complains about not liking the underlying concept of a film or show.

"Went to see the New Green Lantern Movie...GOD it was lame...always thought Green Lantern was Stupid"

THEN why'd you go??

Last edited:
One issue that I did have was timing of a few events. Mainly, they introduce the head of prisons and the plot to kill him. IN fact Orwell saves him once from Cain...THEN they show him honing his skills and training himself about poisons. If they had done all of the training FIRST, we could assume it's been months and months and months.

Second issue I had. The Cape makes a mask for himself when he's minus the cape. Then beats a bunch of street thugs while WEARING the mask and asking for information. The last thug standing tells The Cape to meet him later at a BAR!! The Cape LETS him go...then MEETS him at the bar in street clothes and no mask.....good plan, what could go wrong.

and the actor playing the lead role blows, felt kind of a Spawn rip off there also

and the actor playing the lead role blows, felt kind of a Spawn rip off there also

It's very much Spawn/Batman amalgam. Spawn origin story with a twist. Man "dies" in a fiery explosion but isnt gone. Can't reveal himself to his family, but wants to do good to honor them. His best buddy is also the one that betrayed him and then has a relationship with his family.

Batman motives with trying to take back his city from the criminal element that has taken control. And does so by being a symbol of good and thus proving that one man beyond corruption can make a difference.

The powers are a combination of Batman and Spawn, with a human being that's an exceptional athlete and skilled combatant but with a nearly living cape that's essentially an extension of his body.

Obviously a few other similarities/influences, but the point being...it's so blatantly obvious, that to complain about it is pointless. If the show is good...I will watch. If it starts to really suck, I wont.

Back