The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man

I happen to like Spider-Man, just not this one and not when it's up against Batman. :nana:

When I see the Amazing Spider-Man all I'm going to do in my head is compare it to the Raimi films and see if they even meet those standards.

I happen to like Spider-Man, just not this one and not when it's up against Batman. :nana:

When I see the Amazing Spider-Man all I'm going to do in my head is compare it to the Raimi films and see if they even meet those standards.

That's probably why you don't enjoy the batman films as much as everyone else.

I will be seeing DK Rises, Avengers, and Amazing Spiderman. What movie makes the most money isn't really my problem.

And since when has box office $$$ translated to best movie? I've seen some damn good movies that were flops and some awful movies that make fist-fulls of cash.

I will be seeing DK Rises, Avengers, and Amazing Spiderman. What movie makes the most money isn't really my problem.

And since when has box office $$$ translated to best movie? I've seen some damn good movies that were flops and some awful movies that make fist-fulls of cash.

Not my problem either. I don't think anybody said anything about how much money a film takes in is the factor of it being better. :dunno

People still don't even know who Thor is. Spidy is a american/world symbol. What I'm saying is that not too many people are familiar with the avengers compared to spidy. I'm not saying which one is better.

Not my problem either. I don't think anybody said anything about how much money a film takes in is the factor of it being better. :dunno

I guess that's what I read into it when people talk about this movie is going to kick that movie's ass at the BO. It implies the winner in ticket sales will be acknowledged as the best film.

I guess that's what I read into it when people talk about this movie is going to kick that movie's ass at the BO. It implies the winner in ticket sales will be acknowledged as the best film.

:rotfl:rotfl

You're not wrong for thinking that.

I'm a huge fan of Avengers, Spidey AND Batman, so we ALL win next year as far as I'm concerned.

New Spidey movie = WIN! One can never have enough Spidey in their lives

Avengers movies = WIN! I mean come on, is there really a high budget Avengers movie coming out....someone pinch me to see if i'm not dreaming!

TDKR movie - WIN! The end to an awesome series from Nolan, what he brought to Batman is unmistakable greatness!

We all WIN :yess:

Lets celebrate shall we :lol

I can see where you can get that idea. Predicting the box office winner is always fun though. Obviously Rises will whoop both their arse, but the battle between Spidey and Avengers will be really close I bet. Spidey might make a bit more just because it comes out in July, right in the movie season. Where the Avenger are a bit earlier ( :yess: ).

As far as the best movie goes, I'm a batfan so for me batman, then spidey then the avengers. All will be epic as Jye said though. And it's gonna be a great year in movies.

If it's purely an exercise in picking ponies Batman will make the most money. It will also have the most to live up to with fans and critics, and there will be people quick to jump on it. I expect lots of early criticism just because Joker > Bane.

I haven't had high hopes for Spiderman, mostly because it's an origin again. But I did like Social Network and Garfield was solid in it. I like talking sh-t about the new movie occasionally, but in truth I'm willing to be surprised. I think it will be the number 2 film for ticket sales.

I hope Avengers works as well as Xmen: First Class. It will make hoards of money, but it could easily be the biggest mess. IM 2 is an example of Marvel forcing too much into a film and never focusing. Avengers is in danger of this.

As far as Avengers making money - the more they put Downey out there in front the better the ticket sales. I expect this to be the #3 in ticket sales but it's such a wild card it could beat Spidey.

I think Avengers may beat Spidey, but I don't see it beating TDKR.

I bet, quality wise, the films will be like this years summer flicks
TDKR - X-men First Class
TAS- Thor
Avengers - Captain America

Hopefully none turn out like Green Lantern quality wise or box office sales. lol

X-Men FC was the best comic movie this year IMO. If Avengers even get's close to that I'll be happy. I feel like the Avengers is going the flashy Disney route....Oh wait :lol but it will definitely have some solid and cheesy moments I'm sure.

Depending on how well Spidey does, it would be cool to see some other villains that got the back-burn, mostly venom, to enter the sequels. Plus, Lizard is gonna be kick-ass!

Rises will definitely be the highlight though both critically and for me.

db_fotog_8389.jpg

You know, I've always wondered this, and maybe this is nitpicking. But if Spidey can stick to walls with the little hairs on his hands (according to the first film), how can he stick to walls with gloves over his hands and shoes over his feet ?????

I know, I know, this is dumb, but it always bothered me :lol

You know, I've always wondered this, and maybe this is nitpicking. But if Spidey can stick to walls with the little hairs on his hands (according to the first film), how can he stick to walls with gloves over his hands and shoes over his feet ?????

I know, I know, this is dumb, but it always bothered me :lol

:lol:lol:lol me too...the feet really bothered me as I just figured the "hairs" would come out of the gloves, but not the boots.

I remember reading an interview with Stan Lee and he was asked about this and his answer was that originally, it was just Spider-Man's hands that could stick to walls, his feet were just used for leverage. As for the hands...yeah i guess the "hairs" can make their way through the gloves.

Or maybe its just a comic book and nothing like that was originally thought out. :lol

An article about WEbb showing Footage.

"I don't have a problem saying that word," says director Marc Webb. "It's not a remake, we're not making Sam's movie again. It's a different universe and a different story with different characters. There are certain mythological obligations people have in any story, but it's so radically different in terms of tone and what Peter Parker experiences that I'm very comfortable with the movie occupying a different space."

"I wanted to start from a place where it felt like, if you walked into the theatre, that it was the same universe you lived in," says the director. "Which is difficult when you have a giant lizard running down the street..."

"He's the literal embodiment of the theme of the movie, which is we all have a missing piece," says Webb. "He has no arm. Peter has no parents, and he fills that void with Spider-Man. Curt is not as strong as Spider-Man on the inside, but he wants to get back his arm and fill that void, and essentially he becomes a big bully."

Enough tell, Webb decides. It's time for some show, and so he asks Bell to cue up some scenes from his early, very rough, very unfinished cut. "The movie starts off pretty small and gradually merges into something that's more fantastic and vibrant and filled with scope," he says, and by way of illustration, runs three scenes in which we see Spider-Man swing. The first is entirely practical, with Garfield - in Parker duds - swinging around inside a disused warehouse, with the giant wired rig to which the whooping actor is attached yet to be deleted via CGI.

The second, from a little later in the film, is the only sequence Empire sees that is even somewhat redolent of Raimi-vision, as Spider-Man swings giddily along a bridge in pursuit of something, even running briefly on the side of a passing truck.

The third one, though, shows that Webb hasn't abandoned CG. Far from it. The sequence - which is from the third act so we'll be sure to tread carefully - features Spider-Man in pursuit of The Lizard (here seen just once, in very rough animatic form, from a distance as he scales a building), while being pursued himself by cops. Following an excellently staged fight with the cops, and an emotionally charged confrontation with, erm, A Major Character, the sequence follows a wounded Spider-Man as he tries desperately to swing across New York in order to save the day.

One thing's for sure - Twilight it ain't. "I haven't seen a Twilight movie, so i don't know how to comment on that," says Webb. "People may assume because it's me doing Spider-Man, it's more intimate. And it is, but one of the reasons I wanted to do it was to [frick]ing blow **** up, swing through the air and kick some ass."

Webb's Amazing Spider-Man will plant Peter firmly in his teenage years. He doesn't have a job (the Daily Bugle is mentioned, but won't be seen until the inevitable sequel), he likes to skateboard, he has uncontrollable hair, he's a kid searching for the truth about his parent's disappearance

I really dont care. This sounds epic as hell

Look forward to the movie. And this has probably already been asked, already been thought of, probably already been discussed. But, what about a Spider-Man Movie which is computer generated as the 'Tintin' movie which is soon to be released? Just a thought if there would be any audience with such a release?

Last edited:
Back