Marvel Studios/Sony - SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol yea ok. Tell that to all the smarter people out there who got beat up in school. Talking trash over the internet does not mean your tough. They should of just cut him out the movie if they were gonna make him a jerk rather then a bully.

Cause he’s more like a jerky frenemy than a bully. Flash was friends with peter later but was a huge bully to him earlier

the producers and even the actors talked about how there is physical bullying but there is also mental bullying and they were focusing on that one. how not all bullies are big dudes that punch you in the face but sometimes it can be a smaller kid that humiliates you and trashes you verbally.

the producers and even the actors talked about how there is physical bullying but there is also mental bullying and they were focusing on that one. how not all bullies are big dudes that punch you in the face but sometimes it can be a smaller kid that humiliates you and trashes you verbally.

Then they didn’t do a good job portraying that. Most bully’s who are small hide behind a computer and have a gang of people with them. Flash in this movie just said stupid jokes and came off as a jerk. Didn’t really threaten peter at all or say anything out of place. Just called him ***** Parker. Something that a friend who was an ******* would call you

I thought it was a clever way to update the Flash character. That kind of mental bullying is much more relevant today. That's not to diminish the effects of physical bullying and the fact that it still exists today. But I thought it was an interesting new take. The physical bully that attacks a brainy nerd seems like a cliche nowadays. It also makes sense that a school for gifted youngsters (i.e. full of science nerds) would not have physical bullies there. It would realistically be highly-competitive jerks who try to psyche their peers out in order to gain any advantage.

Love the movie!

I thought it was a clever way to update the Flash character. That kind of mental bullying is much more relevant today. That's not to diminish the effects of physical bullying and the fact that it still exists today. But I thought it was an interesting new take. The physical bully that attacks a brainy nerd seems like a cliche nowadays. It also makes sense that a school for gifted youngsters (i.e. full of science nerds) would not have physical bullies there. It would realistically be highly-competitive jerks who try to psyche their peers out in order to gain any advantage.

Love the movie!

also specially when hes not even white or a sports player. they even updated that too,

It was stupid to put peter in a science school. That I don’t agree with. So many ****** wanna be gangsta kids out there they could of easily made flash a juicer jock kid instead of some pudgy dork. Most kids like the new flash talk **** online and are quiet in real life. Hopefully the new movie fixes the cast.

It was stupid to put peter in a science school. That I don’t agree with. So many ****** wanna be gangsta kids out there they could of easily made flash a juicer jock kid instead of some pudgy dork. Most kids like the new flash talk **** online and are quiet in real life. Hopefully the new movie fixes the cast.

Why is that? Serious question.

I'm not sure if you know, but here in NY, most smart kids try out for those prestigious science magnet schools. It makes perfect sense that a smart kid from Queens would go to a STEM school.

One of my co-workers was just telling me about her son getting in to a science middle school. It just seems like that's what you do in NY. You try out for fancy magnet schools to get out of the public school system.

Personally, like I said before, the jock bully seems like a tired cliche.

Why is that? Serious question.

I'm not sure if you know, but here in NY, most smart kids try out for those prestigious science magnet schools. It makes perfect sense that a smart kid from Queens would go to a STEM school.

One of my co-workers was just telling me about her son getting in to a science middle school. It just seems like that's what you do in NY. You try out for fancy magnet schools to get out of the public school system.

Personally, like I said before, the jock bully seems like a tired cliche.

Cause Peter Parker is a guy who tries but still sorta fails. His aunt may wouldn’t have the money to get him into a school like that. He’d be an honorary student at a public school where he feels ostracized from his peers because he is smarter then everyone else . He can’t relate to the people around him cause they aren’t like him so he keeps himself in a bubble.

In a science school everyone is just like him and he relates to everyone cause they have the same interest in science and building . So I just didn’t like how they dampen his uniqueness by placing him in a school where he’s just as smart as everyone else.

I just didn’t like that setting cause peter doesn’t stand out he feels normal like all the other kids there. Flash just comes off as a jerky friend.

Liked the movie but the supporting cast is meh. Everything else I think they did fine.

Cause Peter Parker is a guy who tries but still sorta fails. His aunt may wouldn’t have the money to get him into a school like that. He’d be an honorary student at a public school where he feels ostracized from his peers because he is smarter then everyone else . He can’t relate to the people around him cause they aren’t like him so he keeps himself in a bubble.

In a science school everyone is just like him and he relates to everyone cause they have the same interest in science and building . So I just didn’t like how they dampen his uniqueness by placing him in a school where he’s just as smart as everyone else.

I just didn’t like that setting cause peter doesn’t stand out he feels normal like all the other kids there. Flash just comes off as a jerky friend.

Liked the movie but the supporting cast is meh. Everything else I think they did fine.

Thanks for the response! You do make some good points.

get with the times grandpa. you are describing the school system of the 80s.

Back