Marvel Studios/Sony - SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing I want for spiderman to do in future movies is to actually attack his villians instead of dodging. Raimi Spiderman use to go all out and kick ass. Ever since then spiderman has been dodging and running. Spiderman has a unique fighting style so they should showcase it more.

Homecoming was the best thing Marvel has put out for awhile- loved it and Holland stole the show- superb Parker/Spidey. Keaton gets all the kudos bit it's a superbly made film with just the right amount of action and drama. The whole scene at homecoming in the car is stunning equally so because it's in a Marvel film. Sorta like the surprise of Rogue One ending in a Disney film(same I know)

It is a very good movie. I just don't like the treatment of the side characters. A non threatning Flash, a Big ned leeds who is supposed to be Ganke and whoever that Michelle girl is supposed to be. Don't like the science school either. Everything else is solid to me. I liked the tech suit and enjoyed peter parker/spiderman aspect of the movie. Vulture was cool. Never was a fan of the villian but they did what they could with him.

It is a very good movie. I just don't like the treatment of the side characters. A non threatning Flash, a Big ned leeds who is supposed to be Ganke and whoever that Michelle girl is supposed to be. Don't like the science school either. Everything else is solid to me. I liked the tech suit and enjoyed peter parker/spiderman aspect of the movie. Vulture was cool. Never was a fan of the villian but they did what they could with him.

Bullying is not like in the 90s brah. Times are changing brah,
The typical cliche bully is not the case anymore

Bullies now are psychological

It is a very good movie.

images

Homecoming was the best thing Marvel has put out for awhile- loved it and Holland stole the show- superb Parker/Spidey. Keaton gets all the kudos bit it's a superbly made film with just the right amount of action and drama. The whole scene at homecoming in the car is stunning equally so because it's in a Marvel film. Sorta like the surprise of Rogue One ending in a Disney film(same I know)

Of the three Marvel movies that came out last year, I did enjoy this one the most. Raimi SM1 is still king in my book but this was OK as a popcorn flick with no complex/cerebral meaning. I do wish Vulture had more screen time as he's probably my second favorite villain in the MCU thus far and my favorite part of this flick. I'd put Homecoming and Thor 3 on the same level since I've warmed up to that film a bit but still have a rather fowl taste in my mouth from the theatre experience, which was just awful for reasons outside of the film itself.

The problem I see with these movies, Spidey specifically in this case, is the origin story trope. It got old years ago and it's not getting any better. This movie would have been better had it NOT been any kind of origin specific. It makes me fear any new upcoming movies like Cap Marvel for all the same reasons.

I’m not a comic guy so I have learned all I know of characters from movies. Personally I like the Sam Raimi movies as Spiderman is more organic. Everything in his identity is from the Spider bite. I like that his body creates the web and to be honest up until the release on The Amazing Spider-man movies I had no idea that there was an alternative storyline where PP creates his own webbing. I like Tobey’s movies as the bite heightens his sense, walks on walls and shots webs. TASM and Homecoming takes away elements of the bite.

AMS – Walks on walls, heightens his sense
Homecoming- Walks on walls ONLY (no heighten senses or webbing). Infact all he is, is provided by Iron Man!

I also never had a problem with the organic web-shooters. They made as much sense to me as him being able to stick to walls, have super strength etc. I wish the Raimi movies were part of the MCU and Tobey could have been brought back.

I’m not a comic guy so I have learned all I know of characters from movies. Personally I like the Sam Raimi movies as Spiderman is more organic. Everything in his identity is from the Spider bite. I like that his body creates the web and to be honest up until the release on The Amazing Spider-man movies I had no idea that there was an alternative storyline where PP creates his own webbing. I like Tobey’s movies as the bite heightens his sense, walks on walls and shots webs. TASM and Homecoming takes away elements of the bite.

Homecoming- Walks on walls ONLY (no heighten senses or webbing). Infact all he is, is provided by Iron Man!

No homecoming spidey senses are heightened. He even says so. He also has the strength.

And if Peter park originally had made his own webbing on the comics I'm sure marvel would have followed suit. Plus, I like that, like Batman, he adopted the creature as his persona. Sure he can climb up walls, but other than enhanced reflexes like all other comic book characters have, he isn't like a spider. The web slinging is him creating his persona and shows off his ingenuity.

And I like Spider-Man 2 the best, but I wasn't a huge fan of tobey and I couldn't stomach Kirsten dunst. They just were lucky they were in two strong Spider-Man movies in spite of them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The first two Raimi movies were fantastic. The third one would have been really good if Sony let Raimi do the Sandman and Goblin story without Venom like he wanted. I like those movies in order. The Amazing Spider-man movies to me weren't as good but Garfield did do a good Spider-man just not a good Parker. I like Holland in the role and I think he can do really well in the role.

The organic webbing in the original Raimi films never bothered me either as a long time fan Spider-Man and comic book reader. For me at least it made a lot more sense and was more believable than a 15 year old kid inventing inorganic webbing on his own. Boy Genius or not, he would've never had the means to manufacture it. That's why for me it works much better in the new movie with him being in a special science/tech school. He now has the means to develop and test it.

What I don't like in homecoming is Flash, Ned, and the ridiculous "my friends call me MJ" Michele character. That was a slap in the face to fans after denying all the rumours. Not one of those 3 characters in any way resemble the originals. May as well just made up new characters all together. Vulture was cool, the Shocker was another Joke to me. I still feel some of these bad decisions had Sony stamped all over them rather than Feige/Marvel.

so this is what you wanted?

The organic webbing in the original Raimi films never bothered me either as a long time fan Spider-Man and comic book reader. For me at least it made a lot more sense and was more believable than a 15 year old kid inventing inorganic webbing on his own. Boy Genius or not, he would've never had the means to manufacture it. That's why for me it works much better in the new movie with him being in a special science/tech school. He now has the means to develop and test it.

What I don't like in homecoming is Flash, Ned, and the ridiculous "my friends call me MJ" Michele character. That was a slap in the face to fans after denying all the rumours. Not one of those 3 characters in any way resemble the originals. May as well just made up new characters all together. Vulture was cool, the Shocker was another Joke to me. I still feel some of these bad decisions had Sony stamped all over them rather than Feige/Marvel.

Shocker has always kind of been a "joke" villain...he had moments in the comics (and animated series) when he was "dangerous"...but other than that he's pretty much a dude that Spidey busts on a regular basis. I have no problem him being a "joke" in the movie series.

I agree 100% with you on Peter's High School crew. I don't mind them giving his Ned Leeds as his best bud (and changing his role from the comics ENTIRELY - he was a journalist and the Hobgoblin at one point). Wasn't a fan of the "puny" Flash. I don't the ethnicity swap, but he should've been a more bigger, larger actor since he has been Peter's bully (and later, good friend) for most of high school...maybe it was Disney's way of stepping back from the whole "bullying" thing since we're so anti-bully right now.

Still think we need the red-head MJ. I don't mind her being semi-nerdy (or kind of punk like Gwen Stacy is in the Ultimate series), but we kind of saw this coming after she was cast and we heard her character was going to be "Michelle" or whatever.

That flash is a joke in this series imo. If he were to talk to anyone any type of way he'd get his ass kicked. Peter is bigger then him. Don't know whats up with Mary jane or MJ. Where the hell are they going with that? I just don't like the Highschool crew nor do I like the actual school he is going to. I absolutly hate that they took elements from Miles and gave some to Peter. Miles is the most uninteresting and overatted character since damian wayne. Hate it.

That flash is a joke in this series imo. If he were to talk to anyone any type of way he'd get his ass kicked. Peter is bigger then him. Don't know whats up with Mary jane or MJ. Where the hell are they going with that? I just don't like the Highschool crew nor do I like the actual school he is going to. I absolutly hate that they took elements from Miles and gave some to Peter. Miles is the most uninteresting and overatted character since damian wayne. Hate it.

flash is a mental bully bro. he beats you up with his mind.

flash is a mental bully bro. he beats you up with his mind.

Lol yea ok. Tell that to all the smarter people out there who got beat up in school. Talking trash over the internet does not mean your tough. They should of just cut him out the movie if they were gonna make him a jerk rather then a bully.

Cause he’s more like a jerky frenemy than a bully. Flash was friends with peter later but was a huge bully to him earlier

Back