The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-Man: The Reboot!

I don't think the "new" version will do any good if they do the origin crap all over again, nobody wants to sit through that every single time.

You guys realise SM4 would follow the exact same formula as the others right?

Peter is upset and crys about something and doesn't want to be Spiderman anymore.

Enter new villain who has to be tragicly turned that way by trying to help his family.

Peter and MJ fight and then MJ gets kidnapped.

A few cameos from characters he'll never use like Curt Connors.

Peter has to be Spiderman again to rescue MJ.

Big fight ends in villain saying he's sorry and turning good again.

Thank god Sony realised Sam can only remake the same movie over and over again. Now he can focus on remaking Evil Dead a 5th time instead.

I never quite got all the Dunst hate. Sure, she didn't look like a model as MJ was in the comic, but so what? She's a plot device. The story's about Spidey making wise cracks while fighting bad guys, and dealing with his angst. MJ could've been a blow up doll for all I care. She helps to move his story forward, and that's the extent of her use far as I am concerned.

part of me is kinda pissed off at the hollywood machine.

but there's another part of me that's excited at the potential to see another version of spiderman.

i mean, no matter what, the 3 raimi films will still exist regardless of what they make next. in fact, they will be held up as the benchmark.

i want a couple of things for the new spidey films:

- NO origin story. audiences do NOT need it. jump straight in.
- a brand new cast. tobey was fine, dunst not-so, and franco was miscast. so starting afresh is good. there'll be a brand new dynamic & tonality between the cast.
- mechanical web-shooters. look, i'm a huge fan of the organic webshooters cos they make the most sense. but since they're starting from scratch i'd rather they do EVERYTHING different. and if they can come up with a plausible origin for it, it'll be cool.
- a more smartass spidey. that was my biggest issue with the tobey spiderman. nowhere enough wisecracks.
- more inventive uses for spidey's webs. so far, we haven't seen what his webs are really capable of. in the comics they're so versatile.
- forget all the previously used villains. feature all new ones in the reboot. though i don't mind seeing venom getting a 2nd chance. he was just poorly used in part3.
- start with gwen as the love interest then introduce mj later in the series.
- do NOT get f$%^&*kers like michael bay anywhere near this property. get upcoming guys who have real talent like neil blompkamp or duncan jones. but the director MUST at least have a love for the character.

The Spider-Man reboot! Who should direct? Who should star?

In case you haven't heard: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69977. Spider-Man is being rebooted. There's a dedicated thread about in the Marvel section, as well as a 'Spider-Man 4' thread in this section (dead), but I wanted to narrow the focus for this thread --

Who should direct this bold, new journey into Spidey's early years? And who should star in it? I know, the character line-up hasn't been revealed and there generally isn't much info about it yet, but...go wild. Pick whoever you want.

I don't really have my preferences, since I'm not too familiar with today's young talent. I'm assuming Sony will aim young for the cast, gone are the days where a 30 year old can pass for 16.

I saw this on 109 (not my picks, but interesting, nonetheless):

16031_1-daniel-radcliffe-400a020707.jpg

emma-watson1g.jpg

:lol

Director? Duncan Jones.

Why do we have a thread in the Marvel section and Movies section for this? :confused: Btw-Stupid move..............how old is this franchise? exactly, Tobey=Spiderman, and what more could they possible do. Some of you forget, its not Raimi who F'd up SM3, its Sony, and they will continue to F up this franchise in the future. Easy pass on this stupid idea

Why do we have a thread in the Marvel section and Movies section for this? :confused: Btw-Stupid move..............how old is this franchise? exactly, Tobey=Spiderman, and what more could they possible do. Some of you forget, its not Raimi who F'd up SM3, its Sony, and they will continue to F up this franchise in the future. Easy pass on this stupid idea

I'm glad someone sees my point. I think Sony would be MUCH better off with a SM4.

You're a Fanboy. For me there hasn't been a Peter Parker since Nicholas Hammond. Anyone get the reference without looking?

I vaguely remember seeing that a few times as a very little kid, but I remember Spidey's adventures with the "Easy Reader" more. Anyone get that one?

Not sure how I feel about this. Tobey never really convinced me as Spiderman and the 3rd movie sucked, but I wouldn't necessarily reboot it. Just change the director for a fresh new approach.

I do hope that the new movies continue to have different villians, though. Especially so that they can give time for Norman Osborn to grow into the role of the Green Goblin, or just keep him as the morally ambigious businessman. I hope they get someone good for Peter as well. Too bad Topher Grace is getting older, because I still think that he could pull off the nerdy yet witty attitude.

As someone who didn't like any of the 3 Spiderman movies I'm pumped to see this news. Hopefully they'll do the same with X-men.

They are. There's a movie called X-Men First Class coming, which is a reboot of the franchise that will focus more on the initial X-Men cast in their early years. Still directed by the same guy as the first two however.

What? Average? Spider-Man 3 was the equivlent of....what do you say...oh yes, Caca. I HATED that movie. I'm so glad Raimi got out of that hell hole. He needs to start making some horror flicks.

Too bad he still has Warcraft in the pipeline.:lol

They can just go ____ themselves then. I'm goddamn tired of these reboots and cast changes. Tobey McGuire IS Spider-Man.

Won't be encouraging this farce.

Back