The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-Man: The Reboot!

Just when i was excited about PP being an adult AND facing adult PROBLEMS.

Wow, didn't see that coming. And I hate to start with a criticism, but I must admit I don't like the whole young person/teenager vibe.

I agree; this completely took me off guard. I am a little worried that this will just be a live action version of the cartoon Spectacular Spiderman. It is a cool cartoon and my five year old loves it, but I REALLY don't think the bulk of adult Spiderman fans want to revist high school drama.

No Kirsten Dunst = good, complete reboot/retcon = bad.

LOL. and I thought the whole watching the world with SONAR PHONE TAPPING was farfetched, BUT at least wayne is rediculously rich!

I REALLY don't think the bulk of adult Spiderman fans want to revist high school drama..

I agree, We saw that in SPiderman 1, and to reboot it with that is like saying the original 3 never existed. a slap in the face to me( a huge fan of Ramis Spierman films) and so many others. High school musical with a young spdernan in the mix

That is what originally made Spider-Man unique. He was/is a Scientific Genius but poor and weak. The Spider-Man powers made him strong but a huge percentage of the Spider-Man issues were general everyday issues dealing with lack of funds then having to still fight crime.

That is what originally made Spider-Man unique. He was/is a Scientific Genius but poor and weak. The Spider-Man powers made him strong but a huge percentage of the Spider-Man issues were general everyday issues dealing with lack of funds then having to still fight crime.

Yes that is why i was hoping to go into the adult arena now with PP.

Oh well.

My hopes.....

It's not too kiddie.
Better GG
NON organic web shooters.
No MJ saving issues EVERY FILM.

Guys, this could be VERY VERY GOOD. Or VERY BAD.

Were gonna have to wait and see.

Tobey, Franco, and Dunst sucked. The only well-cast character was JJJ, IMO. A reboot is the only way Spider-man can show his face on the big screen again.

Would like to see the web shooters invloved in this as well as the need of $$$ for web fluid.

Best case scenario they don't go too young, have Spider-Man 1 be a Senior year kind of thing where unlike the previous he is actually in High School during the first not just beginning there and then move on. Spidey's collegesque years were some of the best reads from the Silver Age. This time they'd better do it right, intro Gwen Stacy and save Mary Jane for later on and remember that Pete's love life was an additional issue to deal with on top of fighting crime NOT the only reason he did so. No more damsel in distress.

If they get MB i'm done! (like i said could be very good or very bad)

Next 'Spider-Man' film will be a gritty, contemporary reboot of the franchise

by Nicole Sperling
Categories: Deals, Film, Movie Biz, News
The next Spider-Man film will be a reboot of the franchise, not a continuation of series Sam Raimi created back in 2002 — in a move similar to Batman Begins restarting the Batman franchise seven years after Batman and Robin underwhelmed fans and critics.
This time around, the series will place Peter Parker in a more contemporary setting, as a teenager battling today’s issues. The decision to go with an origin story stemmed from Sony developing two Spidey projects simultaneously. According to studio insiders, Sony was working on both Raimi’s Spider-Man 4 and the new origin story from James Vanderbilt, who wrote Zodiac. The original plan was to keep the Spider-Man gang together for one last film in 2011 before rebooting the series in 2012. When it became clear that Raimi would not be able to make the summer 2011 release date planned for Spider-Man 4, the studio opted to scrap Spider-Man 4 altogether, and focus solely on the series reboot.
Who will helm the new film is anyone’s guess but with the studio interested in a more gritty, contemporary redo of the series, they are certainly focused on younger directors making waves in Hollywood. One name that has popped up is Marc Webb, the man behind (500) Day of Summer. He was previously in discussions with the studio to take over Moneyball, but that job went to Bennett Miller. Michael Bay has also previously expressed interest in taking over the Spider-Man franchise and Seabiscuit director Gary Ross worked on one of the drafts of Spider-Man 4 and is said to be a huge fan of the comic book series.

Yeah Gwen Stacey needs to be added in for personal loss. That would build a lot more character than some third party "other girl"

Best case scenario they don't go too young, have Spider-Man 1 be a Senior year kind of thing where unlike the previous he is actually in High School during the first not just beginning there and then move on. Spidey's collegesque years were some of the best reads from the Silver Age. This time they'd better do it right, intro Gwen Stacy and save Mary Jane for later on and remember that Pete's love life was an additional issue to deal with on top of fighting crime NOT the only reason he did so. No more damsel in distress.

QFT.

I hated seeing MJ getting saved in every film.

Gritty and Dark used as terms always has me worried.

I have a feeling they're going to try and give it more of an Iron Man vibe, more action and Rock n roll.

If they get MB i'm done! (like i said could be very good or very bad)

Next 'Spider-Man' film will be a gritty, contemporary reboot of the franchise

by Nicole Sperling
Categories: Deals, Film, Movie Biz, News
The next Spider-Man film will be a reboot of the franchise, not a continuation of series Sam Raimi created back in 2002 — in a move similar to Batman Begins restarting the Batman franchise seven years after Batman and Robin underwhelmed fans and critics.
This time around, the series will place Peter Parker in a more contemporary setting, as a teenager battling today’s issues. The decision to go with an origin story stemmed from Sony developing two Spidey projects simultaneously. According to studio insiders, Sony was working on both Raimi’s Spider-Man 4 and the new origin story from James Vanderbilt, who wrote Zodiac. The original plan was to keep the Spider-Man gang together for one last film in 2011 before rebooting the series in 2012. When it became clear that Raimi would not be able to make the summer 2011 release date planned for Spider-Man 4, the studio opted to scrap Spider-Man 4 altogether, and focus solely on the series reboot.
Who will helm the new film is anyone’s guess but with the studio interested in a more gritty, contemporary redo of the series, they are certainly focused on younger directors making waves in Hollywood. One name that has popped up is Marc Webb, the man behind (500) Day of Summer. He was previously in discussions with the studio to take over Moneyball, but that job went to Bennett Miller. Michael Bay has also previously expressed interest in taking over the Spider-Man franchise and Seabiscuit director Gary Ross worked on one of the drafts of Spider-Man 4 and is said to be a huge fan of the comic book series.

See, what did I tell ya.

Michael Bay? Really?????
That's what the franchise needs. More ____ and fart jokes innertwined with ghetto white trash dialog. Not to mention a plot that is all over the map. :pow

I really hope it goes to a more visionary director.

Back