The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-Man: The Reboot!

please do not compare this reboot to batman. because honestly if heath ledger would not of died. batman is just average.that is what sold that movie..

I don't agree with this statement. The Dark Knight was as successful as it was because it was that good of a movie. It was every single element about that movie that made it great, no one element in particular. No person can single-handedly launch a movie into that kind of greatness at the box office. The death of Ledger I'm sure played a role in promoting the movie, but the truth is it that it was Ledger's performance that spoke volumes more. I was watching this movie again today. Words cannot describe how awe-struck I was by Ledger's performance because it was that phenomenal. Integrate that with such talents like Freeman, Bale, Oldman, Eckhart, Caine, and Gyllenhaal, and a mind like Nolan, it's no wonder why this movie did as well as it did. It was a beautifully told story and at the end of the day, it was all of those factors combined that contibuted to The Dark Knight's unforgetable "footstep" left in cinematic history.

Spider-Man has the best material of any comic IMO

So they got LOTS to work with. (don't f it up)

I hope they don't tell the whole origin story again. Do it like the new Hulk movie and tell it in the beginning credits. Hopefully they won't stray too far from the characters looks as the first 3 films. I was fine with Spidey Sandman and Doc Ock but Green Goblin, Venom and "Hobgoblin" not so much.

Tobey, Franco, and Dunst sucked. The only well-cast character was JJJ, IMO. A reboot is the only way Spider-man can show his face on the big screen again.

Oh ____, Jameson, I forgot, yea they gotta bring back J.K. Simmons, no one else can fill his shoes.

I definitely think it opens up a world of possibilities, but what saddens and disappoints me is that Marvel, Sony, etc. are leaving behind such potential.

See, what did I tell ya.
That is all kinds of wrong, but predictable. Color me far less interested in a reboot if they try to Dark Knight-ify Spidey. Sure, Spidey had more than his share of troubles, but beyond a few stories here or there, "dark" or "brooding" don't come into the equation.

He was a great PP but the show sucked. Ah, the 70's

N2irn1dIiZeOQWB.jpg

:lol

Guys, now they have EVERY opportunity to make this better more accurate and just plain awesome. Question is...will they f it up?

Gritty and Dark used as terms always has me worried.

Gritty and dark works for Batman (the Dark Knight), but Spiderman is NOT gritty and dark. Sure, there have been a couple sagas that had a dark vibe, but overall Spiderman is a more colorful, exciting character and his comic generally shows that. Even McFarlane drew Spiderman in a colorful, energetic manner and he is known for very dark characters like Batman and Spawn.

The more I think about it, I don't think I necessarily have an issue with a "reboot" as long as it just doesn't turn into a live version of Spectacular Spiderman or X-Men: Evolution which are both filled with high school drama and teenage angst. My wife made a good point by saying that Marvel can't have a 40 year old Peter Parker.

If Bay gets ahold of this, we will be begging for more Spiderman 3. :monkey4

The biggest drama in the film will involve who Peter should ask to the prom.

I wonder how many cast members from Twilight will end up in this...

Guys, now they have EVERY opportunity to make this better more accurate and just plain awesome. Question is...will they f it up?

Again, not to sound pessimisitic, but they had every opportunity to create greatness the first time around (and in many respects they did.) I don't really see how the advantages of a reboot outweight a fourth installment of the current Spider-Man franchise.

Again, not to sound pessimisitic, but they had every opportunity to create greatness the first time around (and in many respects they did.) I don't really see how the advantages of a reboot outweight a fourth installment of the current Spider-Man franchise.

As much as i like 1&2 there were things about Sam's SM movies that always bothered me. I think it's too soon for a reboot myself, but it is what it is.

As much as i like 1&2 there were things about Sam's SM movies that always bothered me. I think it's too soon for a reboot myself, but it is what it is.

Indeed. I love Spider-Man, so I'd rather some Spider-Man movie than none at all (within reason.)

I guess Sony decided that their target demographic doesn't want to watch a 35 year old Spider-Man battling a 57 year old Vulture.

Back