The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-Man: The Reboot!

I think this is a great move especially if Marvel has more control over it. The first two movies were good but not great and the third was crap. And the way they handled the story of all the characters were becoming a mess.

Well, no more Kirsten Dunst is win for sure.

:lecture The man speakes the truth.

I think Sam Raimi proved with Drag Me to Hell that he can make better films by focusing on something that doesn't become a chore to him. Honestly, I think the movie-going public will benefit from both him and the Spidey franchise staying fresh.

Its Disney coming in and taking over. Rebooting it and turning it into a high school crap movie for little kids. I can see it now. DIsney presents. ZAc Effron as SPiderman!. screw that

why are people blaming Disney for this reboot? didnt somebody say that Disney bought Marvel to appeal to teenage boys, so i havent been a teen boy in a while but i dont remeber being into high school musical or hannah montanna type crap when i was a teen, i was reading marvel comics, picking up chicks and NOT paying attention to anything Disney

even if it is Disney getting Spider-man back to Marvel studios that could be nothing but good news for potential crossovers with the other Marvel studios films

Well, good side (for me) is that they might bring back Doc. Ock

I may be wrong but i just have this feeling there gonna make it to PG or somthing. Why reboot it with him in high school?, its gonna be more of a kids movie now i have a feeling. THe first 3 were fine and a 4th be better. Not some High school musical and a kid with super powers

We already saw his origins. Batman Begins worked because we really hadn't seen that story on screen apart from a few brief flashbacks.

I'm really not interested in seeing the origins all over again and parking the series permanently in the teen years.

Yeah i dont agree with that either, The Dark Knight was epic and deserved everthing it got. RIP heath by the way. But the batman reboot with batman begins was different. The batman movies were kinda getting really cheesey Batman & Robin), But with spiderman all 3 movies were successful and even though 2 & 3 have there faults they werent bad enough they had to reboot the franchise. 4 years after the 3rd film. I say bring Tobey, kirsten and Rami back an make an epic spiderman 4 !!!!!!!!!

sucks. after SONY themselves f'd up part 3 by not giving him his own freedom of choice, this means this franchise ends unfinished IMO...

agree partly, apart from ledgers good performance, had he not died surely it wouldnt have gotten this much attention , but still, it was good, but begins was better.

Origin again WTF?

There musta been a blow up with Sam and The studio no doubt.

Hey it had a good run. for all i know i will love the reboot but right now. I hate it, Tobey will always be my SPiderman. I saw him on conan like a month ago an he was talking about he was doing it, He said he wanted to and he felt like he was peter, Crazy how things can change so fast. The reboot will not be better than spiderman 1 idc who they get or how much $$ they put in it. SPiderman 1 will never be topped

organic webshooters weresSUCH an improvement. I mean cmon!!! A broke teenager CONSTRUCTING hisOWN web?.... EXTREMELY FARFETCHED.

:cracks knuckles.

so does that mean that in the future there could be a cross-over between Spider-man and Iron man cause that would be sweet

Its possible now, its just all studios involved would have to clear it. Lots of red tape and pains in the asses but its possible.

Nope, still owned by different studios.

This is correct. Sony owns Spider-Man, they just renewed their license a couple of years back, Columbia Pictures is a subset of Sony but who knows much ball Marvel is playing, they have been quoted in saying that they are limiting the mutant library for Fox because they want to be able to create independent films from that universe as well. So who knows exactly what they own, they do have the characters whom have already been on screen though.

i wonder if disney had something to do with it..really they might of wanted a younger spiderman so they can get fans younger to see it.

Doubt it. Disney owns Marvel and Marvel Studios but Sony owns Spidey and has ultimate say, not to mention the deal was just finalized not too long ago. Although I'm sure this kind of "Chicken Little" style running around is just beginning. Then again are you saying you have a problem with this?

1971752_5725_625x1000.jpg

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

but its Marvel studios that is making this reboot so sony pictures distributes, just like Iron man was distributed by paramount and Hulk was distributed by Universal

Yes and no. Sony owns Spidey. Universal didn't own Hulk any longer just like Paramount doesn't own Iron Man. What used to happen is that Marvel Films used to be the co-op side that dealt with Fox, Sony, etc while Marvel Studios was the independent branch, they've been consolidated into one company just with different outlooks which is why you see the Marvel Studios branding and not Marvel Films or Marvel Film Enterprises like we used to. Marvel missed its opportunity keep Spidey in its stable.

i (personally) enjoy the ultimate spiderman series, and i hope this reboot has a more realistic high school feel to it, mixed with the super hero feel at the same time. does that make sense?

This screams Ultimate Spider-Man more than anything else which is ironic because Ultimate Spider-Man came out of the successes of the first film in Marvel's attempt to reintroduce the characters to a new audience who were just becoming fans through the films. The fact that there is a script already approved, that will no doubt be rewritten and retooled, but a base script means that Sony was planning on a "Plan B" at the same time as Sam was working on something.

Wow, so this means they could put Spider-man in the Avengers then?

Nope. The film's writer, Zak Penn (co-writer of The Incredible Hulk film), cited Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch's Ultimates version of the team as inspiration for the story which contains no Spider-Man. Also that the current independent films are all leading up to it. Strangely enough though Edward Norton who hasn't said anything about being in a Hulk sequel stated in March 2009 that he'd be open to being in an Avengers film. Lou Ferrigno stated in May that his contract includes work for The Avengers but as the voiceover for The Hulk, which they could do without Norton. Definitely don't look for webhead in The Avengers.

Mabey i just grew up with TObey as my spiderman but there gonna make it seem like the original 3 never existed

People have screamed this over and over. George Reeves fans didn't like Christopher Reeve. Adam West fans didn't like Michael Keaton's casting. Keaton fans didn't want Kilmer. Kilmer and Keaton fans WTF'd for Clooney. Have we forgotten the hullaballoo over Ledger replacing Nicholson? People are going to be Pro-Tobey until the new person is casted and even then they'll be two camps firmly going. Personally, I never liked any of the cast enough to say they were firmly "My cast" Tobey being the most liked of the group but Franco never was a convincable Harry especially from a Comics standpoint outside of Ultimates and don't get me started on Dunst. I can't wait to see who gets casted in this.

Call me a fanboy, etc. etc., but Tobey will always be Peter Parker and Kirsten will always be Mary Jane Watson, in my eyes.

You're a Fanboy. For me there hasn't been a Peter Parker since Nicholas Hammond. Anyone get the reference without looking?

organic webshooters weresSUCH an improvement. I mean cmon!!! A broke teenager CONSTRUCTING hisOWN web?.... EXTREMELY FARFETCHED.

They certainly didn't think so in 1962. Just so you know the Sony Spider-Man had webshooters. They were even built as hero props:

webshooter-1.jpg

Of course they were scrapped at the last moment. Then again how complex is it really?

440px-WebShooters_Main.jpg

Back