The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man

YOU would be dead without Spider-Man 2. Do you read what I type?

Spider-Man 2 stopped the coming apocalypse. It saved the entire human race, and to spit on it's face is just insulting to every human on this planet.

I'm back and The Amazing Spider-Man was....well....Amazing.

Some spoilers follow, but I did my best to hide them with tags (which adds up to one.) I apologize if something slips through the cracks though. Read at your own risk!

Here goes:

The initial intro with casting credits looked great, reminiscent of Raimi's trilogy (loosely,) but the comparisons were short lived because Webb's vision took on a life of its own from there.

Andrew Garfield is the Peter Parker we've been waiting for. There was no convincing necessary. He was geeky and shy, yet witty and confident when the situation called for it, even without the aid of his newly-found powers or suit. He was the Peter Parker I've known and read about for all of these years. And speaking of the suit, it looked awesome. Not an eye sore, in the slightest. While it may not be the most flattering in production stills, it shines on-screen.

Emma Stone, as Gwen, was another great casting choice who played her role well. The on-screen chemistry between Stone and Garfield was undeniable and most importantly, it looked natural. There was no need to reason here or there or be convinced else wise. It was meant to be.

Then, we had our main antagonist of the story, the Lizard/Dr. Curt Connors. The poor guy had tragedy written all over him, despite his best intentions and efforts. How could you not love him?!? Ifans had the whole 'you want to see some good fortune come his way' kind of vibe, with a hint of 'I don't think I like that guy, even though I'm not sure why....yet.' Basically, it's what I was hoping for in a villain and thankfully, that's what I got.

My hat goes off to the CGI department, especially those involved with bringing the Lizard to life because he/it certainly came to life, in my eyes. I was expecting a few cringe worthy moments, but surprisingly had none. It translated extremely well for an all-CGI villain. No complaints here either.

Sheen and Fields may have been one of the most pleasant surprises of the whole movie. The two hit the mark, when it comes playing the parental role believably. And as much as I enjoyed seeing Cliff Robertson and Rosemary Harris on-screen, their successors really knocked it out of the park. Fields is going to be a gem in the franchise. With Sheen gone, I hope the casting directors at Sony hold onto her.

Now enters Peter's parents and their 'shady' background. I was dying to know what Sony's writers had in store for us, as my curiosity was in full force thanks to the infamous virals. The circumstances surrounding their death had me on the edge of my seat. There's so much potential here that I think it would be foolish not to dive deeper into it, for the second installment. I really enjoyed how it harped at Peter's inquisitive nature, leaving him (and ultimately, us) with more questions than answers. I'm still trying to uncover the bigger mystery here, despite personally going through Richard Parker's briefcase prior to the tonight's screening. (I have some interesting finds and stories to say the least) Bottom line: Peter's parents get my 'stamp' of approval.

In terms of my overall complaints, they were mild at best:

- I wanted to see more of Capt. Stacy and
Spoiler Spoiler:

-Soundtrack? I heard music from Coldplay and The Stills, but the artist list was 5 tracks long according to the ending credits. The soundtracks that accompanied the Raimi Trilogy were nothing short of spectacular. And if the 'ball' was dropped anywhere, it was here.

- And last, but not least, I wanted to see more, and I don't mean necessarily a longer run time, either. I'm talking sequels, sequels, and more sequels.

I know I'm missing out on a few points, but that's my review. Overall, this movie delivers in more ways than one. Sony's success with the first three films were undeniable. And I'll be the first to admit. I was skeptical about this 'reboot' and at the time, much preferred a 'Spider-Man 4' over anything else.....but after tonight, I couldn't have been more wrong. *Web shooters FTW!* It's hard to imagine another trilogy producing that kind of success, but I think one was just born.

The Amazing Spider-Man is everything I've ever wanted in a Spider-Man movie and then some. Go. See. It.

Watching him dance all over The Lizard and flip all over the place made me think about how extremely useful he would be to an Avengers team.

That school fight Was UNBELIEVABLY good, and the final tower fight came across as very aggressive and COOL. The sewer scene was great despite how short the conflict was.

I'm shocked this was left out of the movie
asm-lizard1.jpg

I'm shocked this was left out of the movie
asm-lizard1.jpg

Kind of along those lines, I was actually happy they didn't give more screen time (or story time) to the execution of the Lizard's plan to transform the entire city. Prior to seeing it, I was getting visions of 1998's Godzilla with little pseudo-hatchlings running around. I was pleasantly surprised with the way they handled things though, avoiding the idea of an army of lizards, wreaking havoc over the city....my enthusiasm for the film would have been short-lived. :lol

Lee's cameo was indeed easily the best in a Marvel film yet. :lol

Also funny were

Spoiler Spoiler:

Rather than making a sweeping statement and then never to return why not actually review the movie or give an opinion on it.

i did give my opinion a few pages back... perhaps a little reading comprehension before your own statements?

the soundtrack was a bit bland, plus the piano keyboard que gets annoying. lolz

was there any end credit scenes? i got out early. :[

the soundtrack was a bit bland, plus the piano keyboard que gets annoying. lolz

was there any end credit scenes? i got out early. :[

Spoiler Spoiler:

i did give my opinion a few pages back... perhaps a little reading comprehension before your own statements?

Ah yes.

i saw it this afternoon and was surprised as to how typically cliche it was. there is nothing more than a paint by numbers cookie cutter formula being offered here. with such a rich legacy, it is a shame how the filmmakers neglected to include to include heart.

So the movie had no heart? Really? Peter Parker standing up to a bully. The wonderfully tender moments between Peter and Uncle Ben.

The scene
Spoiler Spoiler:

Legacy? They reintroduced Gwen Stacy who's
Spoiler Spoiler:
is a huge part of his legacy. The very legacy your referring to has now been included with a future expansion on that wonderfully tragic story arc.

Spoiler Spoiler:

oh, missed it. will get a second viewing next week i hope.

Spoiler Spoiler:

oh, missed it. will get a second viewing next week i hope.

Spoiler Spoiler:

It's not too bad, its only like 5 mins into the credits, not even.

Had a solid Midnight opening.

https://www.eonline.com/news/amazing_spider-mans_midnight/327580

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back