The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man

why do you hate the second one? it is regarded as the best super hero movie by some people

I have to admit when I first saw it I thought it was good but nothing special, I didn't even think it was that great or anything,

but then everyone around was starting to say how completely amazing it was, so it is interesting to see that you hated it

It's quite odd how drastically my opinion differs from the majority on Spiderman 2. I could never understand why it was regarded as a better film over the first. I wasn't sold on Molina though I do think his design was stronger than the green goblin. I have to say that ultimately the cheese just stole the thunder for me. The raindrops keep fallin on my head bit and the aunt may being flung off a roof as well as the nice people on the train who refused to reveal spidermans identity were just too over the top for me. Even though I think a spiderman flick should be a little cheeky. I think the amazing spiderman had the right amount and remained fun while not going slapstick.

Cheese aside I wasn't too crazy about the storyline either, it wasn't as focused as the first, there was a direct purpose to the origin storyline while in the second it just seemed like fabricating a personal struggle to get spiderman todo something (the losing of the powers bit).

I haven't seen this yet, but I liked the other movies, #3 the least, but it didn't bother me Peter Parker crying at all. He's young, he was losing his girl that he wanted to marry. It hurt him. I know some of you have never cried about anything, but just because others do, doesn't make it a bad thing.

Why all the hate for the older movies because this one came out?

I haven't seen this yet, but I liked the other movies, #3 the least, but it didn't bother me Peter Parker crying at all. He's young, he was losing his girl that he wanted to marry. It hurt him. I know some of you have never cried about anything, but just because others do, doesn't make it a bad thing.

Why all the hate for the older movies because this one came out?

It's the "hip" thing to do. Didn't you know this? :dunno

It's also the hip thing to praise the older trilogy and not give the new one a chance.

To give a bit of balance. I loved Spidey 1 & 2, and elements of 3. I would rate Spidey 2 in my top 3 comic book movies. Having said that I also loved ASM and would put it on a par with Spidey 2. There are elements from both movies I like better. Ultimately however I prefer Andrew's portrayal of Peter Parker and Emma Stone is cast perfectly as Gwen Stacy. Something alas you cannot say about the casting of MJ. Hopefully in the second or third movie we get that resolved.

I don't understand the dishing of SM 1 & 2. I guess it's from the Venom generation. As a SM fan I also cannot understand the dishing of this movie and the constant re-posting of "unnecessary reboot". The reboot was necessary because Raimi failed to deal with the Gwen Stacy arc.

This reboot feels unnecessary to me because it seems like Spiderman 3 came out just a few years ago, and I didn't think it really concluded the franchise.

I'm going to see this one in a week or two and I hope it's as good as many people have said. I can already tell I'm definitely going to prefer this version's portrayal and acrobatics of Spiderman, but other than that, nothing has me really interested.

Just got back from the film. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd say it's on par if not a bit better than Raimi's original film. Emma Stone and Denis Leary were the standouts for me. Lizard was also executed much better than I had expected. Rhys Ifans is a fine actor and a good fit for the role. The fight scene in the school was my favorite on screen Spider-Man vs. villain battle yet. It also featured what was probably the most entertaining of all Marvel Stan Lee cameos as well. I did feel the score was a little lacking, however. I missed Danny Elfman's theme.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Is this just up for debate and intended to stir speculation?

Last edited:

Speaking of Venom, I see the possibility of them Making Flash Thompson be Venom in the spinoff movie after ASM. So, a guy who goes from a bully to a leg-less war hero who needs the symbiote to walk, OR a guy who gets mad at Parker for losing his job and causing problems? I think Flashs' story works better, but others probably still want Brock because he was the original.

VENOM2011009_DC11_LR.jpg

Nah. We need THE venom that was made iconic and one of spideys greatest adversary's . Venom doesn't have to be a guy who gets mad and loses his job ssm and ultimate spiderman added more depth to Eddie Brock as a character .

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Absolutely loved every minute of The Amazing Spider-Man. It felt fresh and reverential to the source material but at the end of the day, I didn't care if the Raimi's films were only a few years ago. Webb's direction and Garfield, Stone and the rest of the cast made this film exceptional--talk about character development! WOW! I want to go back and see it as soon as possible too and that will probably be tonight sometime. 9/10.

It's also the hip thing to praise the older trilogy and not give the new one a chance.

To give a bit of balance. I loved Spidey 1 & 2, and elements of 3. I would rate Spidey 2 in my top 3 comic book movies. Having said that I also loved ASM and would put it on a par with Spidey 2. There are elements from both movies I like better. Ultimately however I prefer Andrew's portrayal of Peter Parker and Emma Stone is cast perfectly as Gwen Stacy. Something alas you cannot say about the casting of MJ. Hopefully in the second or third movie we get that resolved.

I don't understand the dishing of SM 1 & 2. I guess it's from the Venom generation. As a SM fan I also cannot understand the dishing of this movie and the constant re-posting of "unnecessary reboot". The reboot was necessary because Raimi failed to deal with the Gwen Stacy arc.

I don't get why people think that everyone was ok with the raimi movies. They weren't the greatest spidey movies they made Peter look like a _____. He's the one who pushed mj away but in the second movie he wants her when she's getting married to a guy she barley likes. Spidey 2 was awesome but it wasn't perfect .

sadly, this thread illustrates the fact that we get the films that we deserve.

There appears to be an element of Raimi fans who probably loved what he did with the Evil Dead and when he directed SM loved the results. These same people were never actually fans of SM and Raimi introduced them to the character. In fairness it was a good introduction. But your right they were not perfect but enjoyable nonetheless.

sadly, this thread illustrates the fact that we get the films that we deserve.

Rather than making a sweeping statement and then never to return why not actually review the movie or give an opinion on it.

It's quite odd how drastically my opinion differs from the majority on Spiderman 2. I could never understand why it was regarded as a better film over the first. I wasn't sold on Molina though I do think his design was stronger than the green goblin. I have to say that ultimately the cheese just stole the thunder for me. The raindrops keep fallin on my head bit and the aunt may being flung off a roof as well as the nice people on the train who refused to reveal spidermans identity were just too over the top for me. Even though I think a spiderman flick should be a little cheeky. I think the amazing spiderman had the right amount and remained fun while not going slapstick.

Cheese aside I wasn't too crazy about the storyline either, it wasn't as focused as the first, there was a direct purpose to the origin storyline while in the second it just seemed like fabricating a personal struggle to get spiderman todo something (the losing of the powers bit).

Just got back from The Amazing Spider-man. Other than over-doing Lizard's regeneration ability, I really liked it. Gwen and Peter are portrayed in a very endearing fashion. The costume looks fabulous on screen. I say that as someone who had a huge celebrity crush on Tobey Maguire for years, one that ended with the Spider-man 2.

Spider-man 2 is one of the most clichè-ridden films that I have seen, topped off with the nauseating runaway bride bit. The fact a great author, Michael Chabon, turned out such shlock made it even harder to accept.

Him losing his powers in particular makes no sense. None of us have our heart stop beating or forget how to walk because we are depressed or lonely. Peter's innate abilities should not function any differently.

And good lord the train scene is absurd and hands down the most overly sentimental scene in any superhero film. I cringe just thinking about it.

I never watched Spider-man 3, fool me once and all that.

Edit: I did like Molina as Doc Ock. I would totally get a figure of him.

like i said. :lol

Raining on my parade :dunno :monkey2 :( :mad:
I don't disagree with you about how Lizard looked, plus he was extra huge, but I still think the fights with him turned out good. And I just like the artwork.

Just got back from The Amazing Spider-man. Other than over-doing Lizard's regeneration ability, I really liked it. Gwen and Peter are portrayed in a very endearing fashion. The costume looks fabulous on screen. I say that as someone who had a huge celebrity crush on Tobey Maguire for years, one that ended with the Spider-man 2.

Spider-man 2 is one of the most clichè-ridden films that I have seen, topped off with the nauseating runaway bride bit. The fact a great author, Michael Chabon, turned out such shlock made it even harder to accept.

Him losing his powers in particular makes no sense. None of us have our heart stop beating or forget how to walk because we are depressed or lonely. Peter's innate abilities should not function any differently.

And good lord the train scene is absurd and hands down the most overly sentimental scene in any superhero film. I cringe just thinking about it.

I never watched Spider-man 3, fool me once and all that.

Edit: I did like Molina as Doc Ock. I would totally get a figure of him.

some of the stuff you said I agree, like loosing his powers,
I also didn't like it because when he loses his powers the movie loses some momentum, I never really liked the "hobo" Doc Oc, I mean, he was cool and the actor was good but I didn't like he was pretty much a hobo,
I don't know, the movie is good but not amazing, but everyone says is the best superhero movie ever made, which I don't see it :dunno

Back