The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
- make Spider-Gwen movie

- make love interest Mary Jane

- instant billion dollar box office

Throw in that MJ is Spider Girl (like this) and I'm sold! :lecture

spider_girl_by_elias_chatzoudis-d6uybao.jpg

At this point Marvel could treat Spidey with James Bond rules. Pierce Brosnan was replaced with Daniel Craig but the kept Judi Dench - even though they rebooted the continuity. Even thought the Bosnan film don't connect to the Craig films.

Just move Spidey over to Marvel Studios and let the audience fill in the blanks as they will. Comic readers do this all the time. New teams take over titles and make small recons to suit their stories. No more origin do-overs.

Doing some reading there are recent rumors that the character Spider-Gwen is of great interest to Sony. Emma Stone is a bigger name than Garfield and they want to keep her.

I've made the same argument in the past for keeping the same J Jonah Jameson as the Raimi films. Which they should still do no matter how many reboots in we get.

Schumacher films aren't that far off from the (vastly overrated) Burton predecessors. Only major difference is that Forever and Batman and Robin aren't as pretentious, and Batman's not a wanton murderer in those films. Difabio will back me up on this.

Yeah, just like the Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgement Day.

Cut from the same cloth.

Yeah, just like the Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgement Day.

Cut from the same cloth.

Almost cut from the same cloth. You see T2 actually is more pretentious than T1 with it's silly "can't we all get along" message but you're right in that Arnold is indeed no longer a wanton murderer. So while I do like your angle of suggesting that T2 is basically the "Joel Schumacher" of Terminator films I guess I can't quite agree 100% on that. Good observation nonetheless.

LOL "Spider-Gwen" sounds insanely dumb, but I'm a fan of Emma Stone. So, if it were that or nothing, I would go for that.
Agreed on both counts. I had never even heard of "Spider-Gwen" until the last few posts and am surprised that:

1. It's a real thing

2. It's somehow NOT idiotic to the point where people are actually excited to see it in a movie
Finally saw the movie, last night. Criticisms in the leaked Sony e.mail are spot on, so I won't reiterate any of that. I am confused about this Spider-Gwen concept. That kind of idea is exactly what's wrong with this franchise. There's no way, even within a super-hero movie, to make it plausible and not ruin what was a pretty good death scene. I don't know how they plan to go about it, but it's a horrible idea. Hope this franchise is dead and Sony just sells it back to Marvel. Last two movies were a complete waste of time.

I googled it, and apparently in the comics it is an alternate reality Gwen who is bitten by the spider, and Peter Parker becomes the Lizard in order to get revenge on the bullies who teased him. . .

So while I do like your angle of suggesting that T2 is basically the "Joel Schumacher" of Terminator films I guess I can't quite agree 100% on that.
Yeah, I also agree with Fabio on that count. A rep-worthy argument.

Spider Gwen is becoming popular because there's similarities with the way Supergirl is written.

There is some conspiracy talk that Marvel created this character with Sony and the intention of Stone in the role. At a time where Marvel has forbidden the creation of new characters in xmen and fantastic four it's interesting that not only did they create a new spider character but they are promoting the hell out of it. In the space of 8 months she went from new character in an event mini series to her own mini series and now an ongoing monthly.

Meanwhile they are killing off Wolverine and FF and forbidding and merchandise for them in the hopes of getting the characters back in the fold. Big contrast.

Finally saw the movie, last night. Criticisms in the leaked Sony e.mail are spot on, so I won't reiterate any of that. I am confused about this Spider-Gwen concept. That kind of idea is exactly what's wrong with this franchise. There's no way, even within a super-hero movie, to make it plausible and not ruin what was a pretty good death scene. I don't know how they plan to go about it, but it's a horrible idea. Hope this franchise is dead and Sony just sells it back to Marvel. Last two movies were a complete waste of time.

You can always do the clone saga. That way you have her being cloned, Classic Spider-Man ********, and there you have it. Plus that can bring about Spider-Gwen in the universe. Maybe Goblin brings her back essentially trying to bring her against Pete, since he knows their identities and why he chose Gwen over a random DNA match.

Also throw in some psychological trauma alá Winter Soldier and bam! Good solid way of introducing her.

I believe Emma Stone has hinted at coming back as a clone before.

It would totally suck if we got a Spider-Gwen movie before doing Miles Morales.

Last edited:
Be a great way to bridge I though. Bring spider Gwen in, and have her the bad guy. Possibly brainwashed. Have her Kill petah pawkah. She then gets her memories back. Then bring in miles

Back