The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The shut off makes sense. It just doesn't make sense how like his vision was. It's like saying he also lost his six pack. But you do have a good point.

I will say also that the whole doc ock throwing the car at Peter was ****ing idiotic. The point was to interrogate Peter not splatter him on the wall.

I loved that part in the teaser trailer. I thought it was a great way to open up Spider-Man 3 to hype it up.

Once you get the context of the story though, it doesn't make sense. How was Octavius supposed to know he'd dodge it.

Doesn't the campus doctor say that Peter's hypothetical "friend that think he's Spider-Man" is just experiencing stress and a life crisis and that it's all in his head?

It seemed to me that he wasn't so much losing his powers, but his mind was just shutting them off, like an athlete or a soldier or something. Look at how fast he snaps back when Doc Ock smashed into the cafe and snatches up MJ. The that great moment where he gets his suit back from the Bugle. It was psychological.

Not saying that isn't the logic of the film.... I agree with you... IMO it's stupid logic on the films part... I still like the film and that aspect of it never ruined it for me... But I always thought it was silly and never made sense...

An athlete or soldier might be able to shut off their ability but it does not effect their vision or their natural abilities...

Hell, if it's all psychological... He should go talk to Ben Grimm.... Peter should be able to get him looking human again with some good old fashion hypnotism. (PS I know there is a difference between your mind effecting what you think you can or can't do... and effecting you physical appearance :) )

Last edited:
On the flip side, I'm just glad he never turned into this for embracing the Spider-Man persona.

image.jpg

People can lose their mojo, especially when it's all psychological. I dug him losing his powers as his Peter Parker persona and Spider-Man persona collide. Doesn't he fall several stories as Spider-Man right after he's humiliated by Harry and MJ gets engaged? Makes sense to me. Guilt over his uncle, lying to his aunt, losing his best friend, losing his girl, ****** apartment, no $$$, failing school, he'd be a neurotic wreck.

I too thought it was weird that Doc Ock could take Spider-Man's hits (you'd think Spidey could just give him the one hitter quitter), but it happened in the comics too. That's not enough for me to not consider it one of the best comic book films. It's in the top 10 in my opinion, maybe even 5 depending on my mood. If not that, it's certainly the best Spider-Man film (which I guess isn't saying much since nearly half of them suck).

It is the best Spiderman film. Objectively. Again, I'm not sorry. It is.

Not sure if it's been posted already but another piece from the leak is out. Basically Marvel President Alan Fine wanted to burn The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Script. He warned Sony 2 years before the movie's release and they didn't do anything about it.

Dude was on point too with his concerns.

B5M-ePRIgAAhwrY.png

B5M-eOPIMAA0F61.png

Not sure if it's been posted already but another piece from the leak is out. Basically Marvel President Alan Fine wanted to burn The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Script. He warned Sony 2 years before the movie's release and they didn't do anything about it.

B5M-ePRIgAAhwrY.png

B5M-eOPIMAA0F61.png

Boy was he on point with electros motivations...and pretty much everything else.

People can lose their mojo, especially when it's all psychological. I dug him losing his powers as his Peter Parker persona and Spider-Man persona collide. Doesn't he fall several stories as Spider-Man right after he's humiliated by Harry and MJ gets engaged? Makes sense to me. Guilt over his uncle, lying to his aunt, losing his best friend, losing his girl, ****** apartment, no $$$, failing school, he'd be a neurotic wreck.

I too thought it was weird that Doc Ock could take Spider-Man's hits (you'd think Spidey could just give him the one hitter quitter), but it happened in the comics too. That's not enough for me to not consider it one of the best comic book films. It's in the top 10 in my opinion, maybe even 5 depending on my mood. If not that, it's certainly the best Spider-Man film (which I guess isn't saying much since nearly half of them suck).

In the comics Spider-Man always pulled his punches when he fought Doc Ock, and even still Doc Ock would have serious head trauma.

Still love the movie though, but I always liked Spider-Man 1 better.

Wow..great positive e-mail that came out of the Sony hack scandal....perfectly touches on why Alan Fine is Marvel's President. He "gets it".

Also shows how clueless Sony is going...they get elements right but then flood it with repeated mistakes. All the more reason why Marvel should perhaps strongly consider getting Spidey back. For every step forward they make (The best-looking Spidey suit IMO, the Peter-Gwen chemistry,etc.), they also take 2 steps back (too many villains, crowded story, etc.)

B5M-ePRIgAAhwrY.png

B5M-eOPIMAA0F61.png

Excellent letter from Alan Fine which makes some great points. Too bad Sony execs were to busy smoking crack.

Excellent letter from Alan Fine which makes some great points. Too bad Sony execs were to busy smoking crack.

Is Alan Fine going to complain if Marvel gets the rights back and ignores the original trilogy??? :)

I think he makes some good points... But the points are late.... The film rebooted... As soon as it did that it chose to ignore the first three films... It's the only problem with his argument.. If he wanted to hold it up against the Comic world then fine make the points you want to make... Of course one could use the argument against him and say... Well Peter did not date Mary Jane first and organic webs and so on and so forth.

He is spot on about Electro... Bad motivations... I don't think of AS2 as a three villain movie... Rhino is more of a cameo.
While I have no issue about Gwen's death... I agree that the chemistry between the two is the best thing in any of the Spider-man movies and they probably should have kept that going.

So I don't agree with him on the "ignoring" the original trilogy... If they don't they are basically just remaking the original trilogy... SONY should not have given up on the SR Universe I agree... Though I think Toby was done. He seemed bored. But SONY decided to reboot.... And it's just that... A Reboot.

The argument he makes seems to make more sense against ASM 1 rather then part 2..

Oh well. Those who hate the new films will agree 100%... Those who don't will think that Alan was just holding on too hard to the original trilogy.

Is Alan Fine going to complain if Marvel gets the rights back and ignores the original trilogy??? :)

I think he makes some good points... But the points are late.... The film rebooted... As soon as it did that it chose to ignore the first three films... It's the only problem with his argument.. If he wanted to hold it up against the Comic world then fine make the points you want to make... Of course one could use the argument against him and say... Well Peter did not date Mary Jane first and organic webs and so on and so forth.

He is spot on about Electro... Bad motivations... I don't think of AS2 as a three villain movie... Rhino is more of a cameo.
While I have no issue about Gwen's death... I agree that the chemistry between the two is the best thing in any of the Spider-man movies and they probably should have kept that going.

So I don't agree with him on the "ignoring" the original trilogy... If they don't they are basically just remaking the original trilogy... SONY should not have given up on the SR Universe I agree... Though I think Toby was done. He seemed bored. But SONY decided to reboot.... And it's just that... A Reboot.

The argument he makes seems to make more sense against ASM 1 rather then part 2..

Oh well. Those who hate the new films will agree 100%... Those who don't will think that Alan was just holding on too hard to the original trilogy.

I agree with all this, but I think he meant in Sony's cinematic universe. I got the feeling he was saying that SR is canon and they ****ed up. But you notice some things he said like Black Goblin and such. I mean he must know that it is either Green Goblin or in Ultimates case, Hobgoblin for Harry; not Black Goblin. And like you said about MJ and organic Web.

Split him back to Marvel.

Cameo at the end of Civil War.

Phase 3, still make Sinister Six but new canon. His villains come after him because they know who he is as a result of Civil War. Hasn't been done yet either.

Then put him in Infinity Wars with the Avengers.

Split him back to Marvel.

Cameo at the end of Civil War.

Phase 3, still make Sinister Six but new canon. His villains come after him because they know who he is as a result of Civil War. Hasn't been done yet either.

Then put him in Infinity Wars with the Avengers.

I like it.

Back