The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I don't think he cries. Ever. It's awesome. Not even after he visits his best girl. Did he cry when Bucky died? I can't recall. Or did he just look sad?

Pidaman is a big ole cryer.

Uh....... He screamed "BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!" which is on par with Hopeman's "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" :lol

Uh....... He screamed "BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!" which is on par with Hopeman's "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" :lol

Cap's reaction to Bucky's "death" was in line with the comics.

capskull4.jpg

death-bucky-105935.png

GOTG was OK... Nothing special... I don't get the love. I thought all the characters were underdeveloped. I think that is why I thought a tree that said nothing but "I am groot" was the best character. The Villain for some reason gets mega love also... And he did nothing special to make him stand out. Then it had that whole boring scene on the villain's ship that could have been left out.

It was OK and enjoyable enough... But personally I don't understand why everyone thinks it's so great. Just My opinion of course....

I thought Spidey 2 was better... Mostly because I found myself smiling at a comic book being truly brought to life on the big screen... The fact that I was looking at the 5th film about the Web Head and the action was still fun and Exciting. Far from perfect but not deserving of the hate IMO.

DOFP was good but not really any better or worse then the other Singer X films... More Wolverine getting his a$$ kicked and more Magneto getting the best "WOW" factor scene by lifting something huge!

TWS blew both films out of the water. I have to see it a few more times before I can call it the best comic book film... But as of now it is darn close.

Its mostly becuase people are now tugging marvels jock and now everything that comes out is golden. I mean yea they have good movies but GOtG wouldnt get a second look if marvel wasnt behind it. I mean come on a talking raccoon and tree? People wouldnt give that the time of day if not for marvel. Still it was a great movie but it wasnt all that great like people keep saying in my opinion.. Felt it relied to heavily on humor but that's just me

Thought it was better than all the thor movies, 2 and 3 of iron man and TFA but thats it. Thought DOFP was the best hero movie this yr with captain america as second

They f'd up with this movie, but it's no where near the abominations that Godzilla and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are. Those are easily the worst blockbusters this summer. TWS is good but overrated. It was just a nice surprise since, well I anyway, expected a steaming turd the likes of The First Avenger again. Still need to see X-Men.

Its mostly becuase people are now tugging marvels jock and now everything that comes out is golden. I mean yea they have good movies but GOtG wouldnt get a second look if marvel wasnt behind it. I mean come on a talking raccoon and tree? People wouldnt give that the time of day if not for marvel. Still it was a great movie but it wasnt all that great like people keep saying in my opinion.. Felt it relied to heavily on humor but that's just me

Thought it was better than all the thor movies, 2 and 3 of iron man and TFA but thats it. Thought DOFP was the best hero movie this yr with captain america as second

How is that not tugging FOX's jock? Dude, Singer ripped off the prime time soap opera Dallas to undo continuity and you all bought it.

DOFP was the best superhero movie of the year though, since he's not really an X-Men fanboy, I don't see how he's "tugging Fox's jock".

I've never watched Dallas, how exactly is it similar to DOFP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the Magno case :yess:

brand-wheel-brand-onion.jpeg

Wolverine waking up to an altered future fit with the time-travel story, it wasn't just out of the blue and making no sense like in Dallas

Last edited:
Wolverine waking up to an altered future fit with the time-travel story, it wasn't just out of the blue and making no sense like in Dallas

Nope, but it served the exact same purpose, wiping out the damage done by previous releases vs. taking the effort to work through them. I enjoyed the movie despite the bad design choices and fairly large plotholes, but at the end of the day, they still pulled a Dallas.

It is a device allowing for a retcon, so that we can get new movies that aren't constrained by the previous ones. Essentially a reboot allowing access to existing actors and "universe" to the extent that they want to. I definitely don't see that as a bad thing, as otherwise we wouldn't have access to several classic X-characters who are either dead or would have aged out in a continuation of the timeline started in X1. And as icing on the cake, we can get cool period films with this characters.

Is your issue with retcons? Retcons have been happening in comics since the earliest days. Cap's being frozen from WWII was a retcon, as it never happened in the Timely Comics series. DC has been nothing but retcon after retcon since Crisis on Infinite Earths. But even that wasn't the case with Dallas as far as I know. A story that alters the flow of historical events (as was the case with the DOFP comic of course, and the Terminator movies) isn't the same as a story that "was only a dream."

Back