Summer Glau/Cameron Terminator:SCC custom head interest

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea that sounds fair.. and if we have paid our name needs to show up on an updated list so we know they got there money..

Order chart.... please send me a PM if anything needs to be corrected. Thanks!
Summer.jpg

hopefuly he comes thru with this just look at all the people that paid what i dont get is i saw one on ebay and i still dont got mine :mad: WTF

Last edited:
one of the biggest if not THEE biggest comisssion I've seen. He needs to get on his game or alot of people are going to be unhappy. Alot of people are unhappy now just from the wait.

Hi guys-

Chris has responded to everyone in his SSF thread, and says he is still working on all of the various sculpt projects. For right now, I'm keeping this thread as-is (without Chris' payment information) pending further updates on the Cameron and Cameron BD heads.

Hi guys-

Chris has responded to everyone in his SSF thread, and says he is still working on all of the various sculpt projects. For right now, I'm keeping this thread as-is (without Chris' payment information) pending further updates on the Cameron and Cameron BD heads.

Good to hear some kind of update; I was getting concerned after reading all the negative remarks on that thread. I understand the delays but I can fully appreciate why people are upset; especially when the item they paid for shows up on ebay.

I hope to see some type of update on the status of the painter; I have signed up for 3 painted heads (River, Cameron, BD Cameron). I have paid for the casts but not for the paint work due to Kuato dropping out of the group commission.

I could help but notice that a painted River head sold on ebay on 4/26.

Well I hope that Chris prioritises casting up the sculpts he has done as a show of good faith - the sooner he start to ship stuff the sooner people will start to relax.

yep I myself wanted a BD cameron.. as I paid too late to get the normal one.. I just assumed i was paying for the BD vesion..

I sent the following email to Chris today since I never did get a reply on any of my previous ones:

Hi Chris-

I realize you've already made committments for finishing the House and Maximus armor commissions. However, I did do some checking and the Summer Glau commission is your oldest group commission and among the largest. Once the House and Maximus sets are done, I am sure most of us would appreciate it if you could make the last two Glau sculpts (Cameron and Cameron BD) a priority. This proeject started back on 9/15/08 and we're currently sitting at 10 months without the main two heads completed.

Also, I never had gotten an answer to this next question, which I shall assume was related to your email issues. Is there a replacement painter that has been selected to replace Kuato if he's unable to take on the work? Or can I attempt to locate another?

Thanks for your help!

Thank you Cryo, those are my biggest two concerns at this point as well. I just want my River...painted and in my HAPPY collection in a fair and reasonable time. :D

Chris as responded via email to let me know he should have some updates for us and is getting ready to clear a few things out.

He (and Kuato) have both confirmed Kuato will be unable to complete the Glau painting commissions. Chris currently has Josh of Small Studios lined up to take care of the painting commissions. I've seen a few of his painted male heads, and they are quite good. I'll do a bit of digging around and see if I can find some of his female examples.

I've heard Josh does good work (Kuato said in the C.Howes thread that he recommended him to Chris himself). If you're able to get through to Chris, could you ask him if Josh is willing to work for the same rate Kuato was?

Thanks for the update Cryo.
This method might be what Chris needs. Have one main person organize to act as liaison on each commission.

No sweat, Anzik :)

Here's the update from Josh/Small Studios. I don't think he's "officially" picked up this commission. But here's what I have after checking in with him: Anyone who wishes to have Josh (Small Studios) complete painting on their Summer Glau head is welcome to contact him. He is definitely willing to help out where he can, but his prices will vary from Kuato's original quoted rates. His current turn around time is about a month, and he is asking for payment only AFTER painting is complete (which is great, I think!)

So, I'm game for what you guys have for suggestions. Both SmallStudios and SilentSurfer said they'd be willing to pick up the Glau headsculpts. The difference is that while SilentSurfer seems confident he can tackle the entire painting commission and do so at Kuato's original rates, SmallStudios has not agreed to tackle the commission as a whole and may have different rates. Both of them appear to be quite accomplished artists. I'll include a link to each below, and we can discuss where we'd like to go with the painted head option:

SilentSurfer's 7 of 9 repaint:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1685839&postcount=578

Small_Studios Figure Gallery:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30267

So is SmallStudios willing to do a certain amount and has anyone discussed pricing with him? Are we going to pick a painter, will Chris choose or is it basically going to be split between anyone that can do it?

Bumping in hopes of some kind of update on the status of the heads and any info. on which painter we are going to go with, I await patiently. :)

Back