Sue Storm Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That cracks me up Quad....some people care so damn much about edition numbers that if they bash a piece and the ES turns out to be 200, they all of a sudden want it more than anything...lol

I never understood that, if you didn't like something and edition size was small how would that make you like it? ;x

This statue is generating strong opinions. Personally, if its good it gets praised and if its bad the company, artist and sculptor are subject to critiscism. Art is driven by patrons and those willing to pay. Being paid to create art doesnt automatically mean your good at it. People are not entitled to praise for substandard work and the right of critiscism belongs to customers regardless of their talent. I am surprised how quickly people jump to the rescue of Sideshow. This company makes a fortune and charges more than enough that their clients are entitled to strong opinions. The artist should be better, the sculpt should have been better and the only success is the price point which is a business decision.

:goodpost: said far better than i said ... that's all i'm saying. maybe i'll just keep my mouth sh ... err, fingers off the keyboard :wink1:

Because some people are in this for money and care about resale value.
Yes, but some care for their collectible to at least maintain it's monetary value. Unfortunately, most of the time, a low ES is the best (if not the only) guarantee for that. Often a SSC collectible has already lost $ value even before it has started shipping, and that's the reality.

Its not even the butt that is dude like it's her overall body, add in the boring sculpt, clumpy hair that looks like it was just placed on her dome, dull manly face...argh.

The pose should be softer, sexier, she should have curves not be built like a dude, and the hair should be flowing more..instead of looking like a mop of wet noodles.

I'm not sure how it all went wrong here, but it all did.

Thats how it works and we're probably all guilty of this at one point or another.

I guarantee you about half of the haters for this piece have it PO'ed (just in case!) anyway but will never admit it.

Nothing to comment about the scale fuzzy? It seems nobody has realized the apple has grown up a little :wave

Nah, I'll just vote with my wallet for scale. Just money saved, especially with Sideshow hitting the accelerator on the multiple scales of their Marvel line, I'm sure the 1/4 will be along fast enough. I'm a bigger X-men fan than FF anyways.

Has the apple grown, I didn't notice? Damn they must feed the apple the presenter's food from the BSP vids cos he seems to get smaller every video. : P

Last edited:
Pre-ordered the exclusive , looks like a nice piece . Nothing spectacular , but will look great in the collection . Love the base on this one .

Ordered mine.

Imagine this senerio: Sideshow reduced the edition size because of all the negative vibe on this board, causing Sue to sell-out fast. Eight months later they preview a kick-ass Human Torch. The mad scramble for Sue begins.:nana:

Back