Sue Storm Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get this one. I don't like one aspect of it, I feel it's all pretty weak across the board...a very underwhelming piece. One of the weakest comiquettes they have ever put out.

It is quite ugly if you ask me.

Yup...

Everyone will pass on this, but somehow the ES will still make it past the 400 mark.

Personally, this piece fails me.

Why in the hell doesn't sideshow make premium format (at least 20'' tall) of the marvel female characters??? This is entirely too small to put alongside of The Thing or any of the other male marvel pieces.:(

Well 20" high would make it:

20 x 4 = 80", 80"/12 = approximately 8' 4" in full size :horror . That is definitely not 1/4 scale, way bigger, somewhere between 1/4 scale and 1/3 scale.

Assuming Sue is about 5"7, that is 67". Divide by 4 gives 16.75" for the comiquette IF it was 1/4 scale.

Website lists the statue, including base, at approximately 16"high. If base is 1", than the body length is about 15".

Working calculations again, this means that at 1/5 scale, she would be 6'3". And I am pretty sure she is not supposed to be that tall.

So if the specs are right, this piece sits somewhere between 1/5 scale and 1/4 scale.

I am not sure what SS is doing here with the scale, assuming the specs posted, and the arithmetic is correct here. :dunno

Personally, I like the FF, and I like the sculpt.

Well 20" high would make it:

20 x 4 = 80", 80"/12 = approximately 8' 4" in full size :horror . That is definitely not 1/4 scale, way bigger, somewhere between 1/4 scale and 1/3 scale.

Assuming Sue is about 5"7, that is 67". Divide by 4 gives 16.75" for the comiquette IF it was 1/4 scale.

Website lists the statue, including base, at approximately 16"high. If base is 1", than the body length is about 15".

Working calculations again, this means that at 1/5 scale, she would be 6'3". And I am pretty sure she is not supposed to be that tall.

So if the specs are right, this piece sits somewhere between 1/5 scale and 1/4 scale.

I am not sure what SS is doing here with the scale, assuming the specs posted, and the arithmetic is correct here. :dunno

Personally, I like the FF, and I like the sculpt.

I agree it is a terrible scale. Too small to fit in with the PF's (and even other comiquettes like the recent Scarlet Witch) but too big to fit in with the 1/6's in my detolf :p

I don't think she's too small. If an average male in 1:4 scale is about 18" tall, her being around 15" to 16" tall is still acceptable. That's like a 5'4 person in real life, lots of hot chicks are that height, even though in the comics these women are supposed to be tall, it still won't look weird or out of scale considering lots of real life women are shorter anyways.

Obviously a true 1:4 scale would be better, but the price would also go up. Right now this is like just under $200, that's a great price even for people who may not be a super fan of FF.

Last edited:
I actually like it.

I have to say I'm a HUGE Adam Hughes fan, and pinup style art, but for this piece, I dunno...it's kinda nice to see a female figure done that's not oozing sexuality all over the place. I think this one will grow on folks over the next 6 months.

I actually love the pose, but agree that its got a bit of a tranny face due to the width of the jaw.

I like her body proportions since it depicts a more realistic female, but then again her butt does seem more like a man's.

Love the base and the print. (Still don't think Exclusive's should be prints though.)

The price is good, but the jaw and behind are seriously keeping me from ordering at the moment.

I actually like it.

I have to say I'm a HUGE Adam Hughes fan, and pinup style art, but for this piece, I dunno...it's kinda nice to see a female figure done that's not oozing sexuality all over the place. I think this one will grow on folks over the next 6 months.

I feel the same way. I don't have a problem with this piece.

Evidently if a female statue doesn't have over-sized ridiculous boobs like the Scarlet Witch comiquette or the piece does not display the women with her butt stuck out like the MJ Comiquette then it looks "tranny".

Lastly, the fact that so many of you are experts on what trannies look like is somewhat disturbing and revealing all at the same time. :rotfl

I feel the same way. I don't have a problem with this piece.

Evidently if a female statue doesn't have over-sized ridiculous boobs like the Scarlet Witch comiquette or the piece does not display the women with her butt stuck out like the MJ Comiquette then it looks "tranny".

Lastly, the fact that so many of you are experts on what trannies look like is somewhat disturbing and revealing all at the same time. :rotfl

I actually like the proportions of the body because of its realism, and I like the pose. What makes it look like a "tranny" is her face (not the body), specifically her jaw. The reason I'm using the word "tranny" is because her face has the jaw line of a man's face. Therefore, a man face on a woman's body = tranny. (This is not a fact, just my opinion.)

The butt does not make it look like a tranny, but it doesn't look right to me. I'm not saying it has to look like J-Lo's behind. I'm perfectly fine with a realistic interpretation.

EDIT: Perhaps, when I see this piece in person I will change my opinion. It has happened before since pictures never truly depict how the piece will look like in person.

2001381_press01-001.jpg

the fist is off...make a fist and you'll notice your index finger's knuckle will be raised above your other knuckles. The statue's middle finger knuckle is the highest. It looks strange. The art has a realistic fist, but the sculptor didn't sculpt it this way. This detail is starting to bug me. Definitely a fubar on the part of the sculptor.

I actually like it.

it's not an AH! piece

the fist is off...make a fist and you'll notice your index finger's knuckle will be raised above your other knuckles. The statue's middle finger knuckle is the highest. It looks strange. The art has a realistic fist, but the sculptor didn't sculpt it this way. This detail is starting to bug me. Definitely a fubar on the part of the sculptor.

my middle knuckles are the highest on my hands :dunno

it's not an AH! piece

I know it's not, what I meant (and I guess it didn't come across right) is that most of the women statues from SS in the marvel line are from AH! and have the sexuality that Adam does in his artwork, and it's kinda become the standard since he has so many ladies in the marvel line.

I was just saying that Sue breaks the norm.

Sorry if it didn't make sense.

Good observation. Knuckle size/placement does vary from person to person and even from hand to hand. My Index knuckle is higher than the middle on my right hand, but my middle knuckle is slightly higher than my index of my left hand...

I actually like the proportions of the body because of its realism, and I like the pose. What makes it look like a "tranny" is her face (not the body), specifically her jaw. The reason I'm using the word "tranny" is because her face has the jaw line of a man's face. Therefore, a man face on a woman's body = tranny. (This is not a fact, just my opinion.)

The butt does not make it look like a tranny, but it doesn't look right to me. I'm not saying it has to look like J-Lo's behind. I'm perfectly fine with a realistic interpretation.

EDIT: Perhaps, when I see this piece in person I will change my opinion. It has happened before since pictures never truly depict how the piece will look like in person.

No worries man...just having a little bit of fun. :)

Gotta be honest...I'm too worried about how realistic the fist looks.

We left "realism" behind a long time ago after it was decided to make a statue of someone who can turn invisible and make force fields. :lol

Back