Sue Storm Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK Let's burn that sculptor

I'm just saying I'm not really a fan of his style so it would be best if he did sculpt what he's best at. As for the Sue comiquette, I'm not familiar with this sculptor's work. I don't think it's that bad, but it certainly could use some tweaks. Won't be getting it anyways.

The Mystique comiquette also has a tranny face (and an abnormally long neck) but that figure sold like hotcakes.. and it had a large ES to boot. I think this figure will sell out too. Though I myself won't be buying her.

The Mystique comiquette also has a tranny face (and an abnormally long neck) but that figure sold like hotcakes.. and it had a large ES to boot. I think this figure will sell out too. Though I myself won't be buying her.

Well supposedly long necks add to the slender profile of models. As for Sue, I can see why the strong jaw makes people think that way, but I never saw that kind of jaw in the Mystique comiquette. I think Tim did an awesome job on her. What makes you say that Viper?

Mystiquetop-1.jpg

Mystique a tranny face??? Sure...

Do you have her BTW?

Er Mystique tranny?? :pfft: Mystique is hawt!!!:rock2

Back to the Sue Storm... Yeah, she does looks like she's wearing mommy pants. It ages her, and makes her look short too. Her lips look collageny as well. Sue has been at this game longer than most characters in the modern Marvel universe. She doesn't look it. She could use a few more cuts and curves.

I realize some might think men are being sexist. Perhaps. Imagine if DC solicited a Batman statue with a bit of a pot belly, or looked short in stature, or in grampa pants, or simply wasn't all that muscular or fit looking, would fans respond any differently?

Sue Storm is a mother, not a teenager . . and her powers and abilities have nothing to do with strength or agility . . . Thank god sideshow didn't over sex this statue . . . believe me . . there will be plenty of booby girls to buy in other lines . . .

Sue Storm is a mother, not a teenager . . and her powers and abilities have nothing to do with strength or agility . . . Thank god sideshow didn't over sex this statue . . . believe me . . there will be plenty of booby girls to buy in other lines . . .

Did you order her?

I think if you gave it to another sculptor who strength lies in the female face, you would get a more attractive face even if you base on it on Campbell's work. The Emma sculptor also sculpted X-23 which I thought was too cartoony too. He did the Slave Leia PF which didn't really turn out the way everyone wanted it to.

a Star Wars piece that didn't satisfy the fan base :horror:horror:monkey3
i guess that could be said for pretty much any line of collectable now.:gah: judging by the responses in all of the threads lately.:monkey1

Did you order her?

Yes . . . I have and love the Thing PF and I believe she will look perfect next to him . . .

Someone mentioned making a custom partial force field out of curved plastic to place in front of her . . . that would have been an amazing exclusive . . .

a Star Wars piece that didn't satisfy the fan base :horror:horror:monkey3
i guess that could be said for pretty much any line of collectable now.:gah: judging by the responses in all of the threads lately.:monkey1

Carnage, Ms Marvel, Gambit and Black Panther PFFs had pretty good responses. I think the IM Maquette too up til the point when the piece started shipping.

Yes . . . I have and love the Thing PF and I believe she will look perfect next to him . . .

Someone mentioned making a custom partial force field out of curved plastic to place in front of her . . . that would have been an amazing exclusive . . .

Yeah that would have been a good exclusive vs. a crappy print.

Hmm... curious how that would look. It would be awesome if they could go together. Sue is 1/5 scale though, right? Still, interesting. Let's wait and see.
I dig that idea. There's a NGE figure by Bandai I believe that also comes with a see through plastic force field. Looks pretty good IMO. It could also work for Sue.

Last edited:
I don't much like the plaster hair, or the fist-pumping pose, but I really like the body shape and the excellent invisible effect. Whether I keep the ex on order... well, I'll decide later.

PS Mystique does not have a tranny face... she is utterly beautiful!

Are you a female? I ask because your response appears quite typical of female fans who think this community is composed of boobs obsessed 30 year old male virgins. Did I even make a mention of boobs? No. You just assumed I did and then went on with your "mommy pants are beautiful" diatribe. Oh please. Someone turn off the Carole King album.

Perhaps "mommy pants" are your thing and make you feel more in touch with some imaginary plus size sisterhood. Frankly, I don't care. The reality is, in the world of super heroes, mommy pants just aren't going to cut it. Guess what though... Neither are grampa pants. Male figures are given the same type of scutiny. Believe when I say that if DC produces a Batman statue with a pot belly, it'll get trashed.

You want more women superhero statues who look like typical 35 year old moms? Yoy are going to be terribly disappointed.

P.S. For you to make that bolded statement pretty much confirms you know zip about the Invisible Woman.

Are you a female? I ask because your response appears quite typical of female fans who think this community is composed of boobs obsessed 30 year old male virgins. Did I even make a mention of boobs? No. You just assumed I did and then went on with your "mommy pants are beautiful" diatribe. Oh please. Someone turn off the Carole King album.

Perhaps "mommy pants" are your thing and make you feel more in touch with some imaginary plus size sisterhood. Frankly, I don't care. The reality is, in the world of super heroes, mommy pants just aren't going to cut it. Guess what though... Neither are grampa pants. Male figures are given the same type of scutiny. Believe when I say that if DC produces a Batman statue with a pot belly, it'll get trashed.

You want more women superhero statues who look like typical 35 year old moms? Yoy are going to be terribly disappointed.

P.S. For you to make that bolded statement pretty much confirms you know zip about the Invisible Woman.

Tho thenthitive!! :lol

Back