Sue Storm Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered mine.

Imagine this senerio: Sideshow reduced the edition size because of all the negative vibe on this board, causing Sue to sell-out fast. Eight months later they preview a kick-ass Human Torch. The mad scramble for Sue begins.:nana:

a 'Women Of Marvel' Human Torch? :slap

btw when I was watching the Youtube preview video of the Women of Marvel and upcomming PFs... I noticed a picture of Mohawk Storm. Does anyone know if thats a cover of a comic book? I know currently Marvel is doing those variant covers.... Im definitely getting the Storm Comiquette and Premium Format. I think the pose on the print looked amazing. I just hope she doesnt look like a man when they make the statue.

The exclusive is on wait list?! Man people most hate this piece!

Most of those people appear to have a nasty tendency of changing their tune once other people start taking a shine to the piece or if the Ex edition turns out to be low.

P.S. Sue Storm is supposed to be the preeminent coug of the Marvel Universe. While I doubt I can say anything which hasn't been said or alluded to already, the sense that I get is that people generally hoped for something less, well, butch.

Last edited:
Still never understood how a low ES could make someone like the look of a piece that they didn't before. Oh well. ES may be pretty low for this one tho'.

Seriously, what did you expect for an Invisible Woman statue?
This is about as good as it gets. If you like a big fat ass, well, then you're S.O.L.

Seriously, what did you expect for an Invisible Woman statue?
This is about as good as it gets. If you like a big fat ass, well, then you're S.O.L.

:wave
rjb_sue.jpg

this comiquette does seem a little lacklustre compared to the recent excellent output by ss. scarlet witch was/is superb.

but i don't think it's a complete disaster either. it's just kinda middling.

maybe sue storm as a character just never really did it for me...

Ok I think I figured out what was bothering me about the piece.

There is no expression in the eyes. It's wot r art history teacher talked about. It's media dead
The print looks good because she is smiling with her eyes. If sideshow sexed up the eyeshadow with a smokey eyed looked she'd look more MILFish

Thread has been cleaned up.

Pease do not derail a thread/ insult others/ avoid language filter or just be a outright troll or infractions will be dealt.

If you like this piece then great, discuss it and buy it.
If you don't like it, great, discuss it and don't buy it.
Either way please do it with respect for others and some level of civility.

So, back to this lady:
2001381_press01-001.jpg

Thank you
x :peace

Last edited:
Still never understood how a low ES could make someone like the look of a piece that they didn't before. Oh well. ES may be pretty low for this one tho'.

Bullseye is a perfect example.

You have some putting in their "safety orders", pre-flippers, so on. it just ends up hurting ss in the end.

You have some putting in their "safety orders", pre-flippers, so on. it just ends up hurting ss in the end.

We hear this a lot. I'm not convinced (not yet anyway). Unless that percentage of safety bidders (who end up cancelling, of course) is in the 20% range, I can't see how this ultimately hurts Sideshow. Also, let's not forget that there are many different reasons why people cancel bids.

Back to the Sue Storm... Yeah, she does looks like she's wearing mommy pants. It ages her, and makes her look short too. Her lips look collageny as well. Sue has been at this game longer than most characters in the modern Marvel universe. She doesn't look it. She could use a few more cuts and curves.

I realize some might think men are being sexist. Perhaps. Imagine if DC solicited a Batman statue with a bit of a pot belly, or looked short in stature, or in grampa pants, or simply wasn't all that muscular or fit looking, would fans respond any differently?

Last edited:

Yep, that's true, too many order now cancel later and flippers around bloats the ES.

Last edited:
The problem with that piece, the Emma PF, was not the sculpt itself but the cartoonish style and overall design, which weren't the best choice

The problem with that piece, the Emma PF, was not the sculpt itself but the cartoonish style and overall design, which weren't the best choice

I think if you gave it to another sculptor who strength lies in the female face, you would get a more attractive face even if you base on it on Campbell's work. The Emma sculptor also sculpted X-23 which I thought was too cartoony too. He did the Slave Leia PF which didn't really turn out the way everyone wanted it to.

Back