Sue Storm Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well for ightcrawler didn't they change the exclusive also they added quite a bit of extras for silver surfer

And Sues fist is clearly not flush with the rest of the statue

Pretty sure they didnt change the exclusive for Nightcrawler. It was always an art print and a sword holding arm. Silver Surfer wasnt changed at all to my knowledge.

Most Sideshow pieces now days come with removable body parts as to reduce the amount of breakage during shipping. Even pieces without interchangable parts.

that being said, SOME statues have been added to after the release. For example the possible light up feature on Thanos, and the change out head for Black Panther. However, with the relatively low interest in this piece...i doubt sideshow would work extremely hard to develop additional add ons.

$189.99 is fairly cheap for Ex comiquette. But yea, it is low for 375 Ex ES. Can't expect alot from hand-made spaghetti hair.

Would anyone be surprised if new fouind love for this piece suddenly surfaced due to the low edition size?

yeah i thought of that also, but this one has had alot of negative feedback and would have to be in the ES range of white Elektra i think for any flippers to make any $$$ on this one.
i for one am still staying away from this line (for the time being):monkey3 if i pick up the line later this one will be still cheap to get.:monkey1

You know, if you think about it, it looks like a lot of work went into the Venomosaurus.

:D

Oh yeah! Tons of work! I mean...they had to take thier T-rex statue from the Dinasauria line, add small pieces of tendril like clay, paint him black and then frost his back like a miniwheat.....

3 hours later, venomsaurus was born.

You know, if you think about it, it looks like a lot of work went into the Venomosaurus.

:D

So true.

addition.jpg

Don't usually defend Sideshow but I think it is a bit unfair to blame them for the Venomsaurus design, don't you think? After all It IS a tyrannosaurus, and they obviously used a totally different new sculpt...

whether it is an interesting character choice or not is a different matter

Don't usually defend Sideshow but I think it is a bit unfair to blame them for the Venomsaurus design, don't you think? After all It IS a tyrannosaurus, and they obviously used a totally different new sculpt...

Very true, it's not like they messed up and used a brontosaurus sculpt. And it's uncannily in scale with the Dinosauria line stuff! Luckily, i got my 4 orders in on time! :yess:

Its almost identical to the T-rex from the dinasauria line :dunno. So he has the opposite leg elevated and his neck is straightened out...does that make it a new sculpt? Then of course the addition of tendrils is easy. Trust me...if Sideshow had to pay for a lengthy and expensive development/sculpting process for a piece like Venomsaurus....he would never have been made.

16" with tranny face, terrible sculpt, very boring pose, lazy work on hair. That ES is way too high for this POS they pushed out to meet their quota.

16" with tranny face, terrible sculpt, very boring pose, lazy work on hair. That ES is way too high for this POS they pushed out to meet their quota.

:exactly: I do not like anything about this statue, maybe except for the base. I think her face is not pretty, the hair is AWFUL, the pose is very lame and dull. I really hope when they do Storm (Ororo Munroe), that she is done much much better than this Sue Storm.

:exactly: I do not like anything about this statue, maybe except for the base. I think her face is not pretty, the hair is AWFUL, the pose is very lame and dull. I really hope when they do Storm (Ororo Munroe), that she is done much much better than this Sue Storm.
Thank you. Sue looks horrible. Not to dis bowen, but i thought that this was a bowen sculpt when i first saw it. Very little detail, very boring. Why sideshow? WHY?

Thank you. Sue looks horrible. Not to dis bowen, but i thought that this was a bowen sculpt when i first saw it. Very little detail, very boring. Why sideshow? WHY?

She does look horrible . . . If I worked for Sideshow I would feel embarassed that this product had the Sideshow label on it. I really hope this was a fluke and that we can expect much more from this new Women of Marvel line.

She does look horrible . . . If I worked for Sideshow I would feel embarassed that this product had the Sideshow label on it. I really hope this was a fluke and that we can expect much more from this new Women of Marvel line.

or maybe because of the huge negative response they'll change her like they did with bullseye.
either way i think i'm staying away from this line for the time being:yess:

BTW the only other female character i can think of that had this much negative feedback would of course be the Emma PF, but even with the bad vibe for her at least it was bang on the source material and it was more the style people didn't like than the actually detail on the statue

Again, the source material, JScott is a huge hit, and his women are just drawn kinda funny, not liefeld funny but not something that doesn't translate well to 3d media.

Back