Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm

I’m starting to think Mary Sue Trump is GOOD but Mary Sue Rey is BAD.

Hmmm I think i’m on to something the picture is getting clearer.

:lol @ the Trump - Rey Mary Sue connection. Brilliant stuff. Never would have thought of that in a million years.

I just realized he’s also worth billions which means he must be good and no one can take that away just like TLJ... right? Right..? His poor reception in China doesn’t mean anything, or the fact that he’s split 50/50 back at home! He’s still on top being the president! He’s yuge just like TLJ!

(Also much <3 to jye, you may be a lover and I may be a hater but you bring the flava and I appreciate that. I hope for many more twists in this thread in the future)

Hmmm

I’m starting to think Mary Sue Trump is GOOD but Mary Sue Rey is BAD.

Hmmm

Mary sue doesnt apply to real people though

Mary sue is when a writer makes a character with no imperfections and perfect at everything all the time.

But that character comes from someones mind.

People defending a real life person and saying that person is perfect is called worshiping that person. It is like blind worship...

Is jesus a mary sue? No. Because he existed. People worshipping trump or jesus just means they have devout fans.
But other people can point out problems about them, and since these guys are real, you can see the bad points they point out. Their defects and faults.

But a mary sue character like rey is written with no faults at all. Since shes not real and someines invention then theres no objective look.

Last edited:
:lol @ the Trump - Rey Mary Sue connection. Brilliant stuff. Never would have thought of that in a million years.

I just realized he’s also worth billions which means he must be good and no one can take that away just like TLJ... right? Right..? His poor reception in China doesn’t mean anything, or the fact that he’s split 50/50 back at home! He’s still on top being the president! He’s yuge just like TLJ!

Long live TLJ! Long live Trump!

Some could even say Trumps training in the business world even if not directly connected to constitutional law or being a politician helped him sharpen his skills for the presidency similar to Rey’s experience in the desert being a tough scavenger who knows self defense, repair person and survival expert could translate to being great at using a saber or shooting the Falcon guns due to her hightened surrounding awareness and astuteness.

(Also much <3 to jye, you may be a lover and I may be a hater but you bring the flava and I appreciate that. I hope for many more twists in this thread in the future)

You just exploded my mind broheim.

Because trump is the richest president then that automatically means hes THE greatest president of all time

Mary sue doesnt apply to real people though

Mary sue is when a writer makes a character with no imperfections and perfect at everything all the time.

But that character comes from someones mind.

People defending a real life person and saying that person is perfect is called worshiping that person. It is like blind worship...

Is jesus a mary sue? No. Because he existed. People worshipping trump or jesus just means they have devout fans.
But other people can point out problems about them, and since these guys are real, you can see the bad points they point out. Their defects and faults.

But a mary sue character like rey is written with no faults at all. Since shes not real and someines invention then theres no objective look.

But Kylo called out her imperfections.

He told her she was following the wrong path.

He told her that her ideology was imperfect.

Last edited:
You just exploded my mind broheim.

Because trump is the richest president then that automatically means hes THE greatest president of all time

Please show me where Khev and I ever said TLJ is a great movie because it made over 1 billion.

We said go ahead like or hate TLJ no skin off our backs why do we care what others like or hate doesn’t change our feelings about TLJ BUT to label TLJ as a movie that failed miserably at finding an audience, that killed SW and was a financial bomb was simply just wrong based off the available facts.

But nice try lol

Did you graduate high school? :lol

Has anyone came up with a good argument as to why Holdo withheld her plan?

My interpretation is this:

Holdo doesn't know Poe personally. She only knows he's a show-off who just lost the Resistance many of their ships/soldiers by disobeying Leia's orders, and was subsequently demoted. And at the first chance, he came in too hot with her instead of simply offering to help in any way he can, whenever she needed it. Holdo, as a leader, doesn't owe a captain her plan - even more so because she did not want her plan leaked. The survival of the Resistance depended upon that. Her fear was exactly what happened once Poe found out she was fueling the transports - he told Finn and Rose, who told DJ, who told the First Order. There really should've been a quick line about leaking/a mole to reinforce this. It became clear officers higher than Poe, such as Commander D'Acy, was privy to Holdo's plan because she was trustworthy. We can assume this because on the transport, D'Acy is the one that explains to Poe why they're going to Crait.

Along these same lines, Holdo did not immediately turn the ship around and blast through the Supremacy at light speed once the transports departed because she was unaware her plan had been discovered by the First Order, until they started shooting. Originally, she was just going to continue piloting the ship to distract the First Order, until it ran out of fuel and was destroyed. But upon witnessing the destruction of the transports, she ultimately decided she could end the barrage by cutting through the Supremacy. Yes, many of the transports were destroyed, but I blame the film edit for lengthening Holdo's response time. Being intercut with other scenes made it seem like she waited minutes, but if we could watch that scene from her point of view without the other storylines lengthening it, her decision-making would've proven much quicker.

Michael Jordan is a Mary Sue.

Lebron James is not.

Lebron >>> MJ

:chase

Michael-Jordan-Eggplant-Head--54282.jpg

Trying to reason Poe, Holdo, Finn, Rose, DJ.... None of it matters. This is just one of many examples of this poorly written, scripted and directed movie. These should be simple and concise scenes. Not confusing to the majority of viewers. If your viewers are questioning what you have written and filmed, and not understanding simple circumstances, then Johnson has without a doubt failed as a screenwriter and director.

I've said it and others have said it as well, regardless of whether Holdo told Poe, Finn & Rose told DJ, the FO should've/would've seen the resistance fleeing in their little ships. They have scanners, sensors, and other tech that I'm sure can detect movement. They pretty much waited till they were just about out of fuel to execute the brilliant plan. They wouldn't have reached Crait before the FO caught on to at least one of the ships destination. A big shock moment and entire reason for the whole pointless Rose/Finn plot was uhoh, the FO can track ships through hyperspace. But then we are to consider maybe they cannot track the escape pods through normal space..

Please show me where Khev and I ever said TLJ is a great movie because it made over 1 billion.

This is why you've ceased to be amusing for me. Ever since this movie premiered you've been casually making a variety of extreme accusations, for example suggesting Snikt was maybe a "Nazi" at one point and throwing out how the "KKK" were active in this thread. As with you claims about Trump supporters today, you provide no evidence whatsoever for claims about their alleged mental state or views.

Yet look how pissy (and suddenly concerned with evidence) you get at a humorous spin on your continued reference to the box office gross.

But nice try lol

Did you graduate high school?

We said go ahead like or hate TLJ no skin off our backs why do we care what others like or hate doesn’t change our feelings about TLJ BUT to label TLJ as a movie that failed miserably at finding an audience, that killed SW and was a financial bomb was simply just wrong based off the available facts. l
Well I did some digging and...

jye4ever said:
Muh TLJ made over 1 billion therefore it best movie ever. Take that Difab. Me can't wait for shiny 3D steelbook edition.

:lol

Snikt was a nazi tho right? Didn’t he like going around punching black people lol

This is why you've ceased to be amusing for me. Ever since this movie premiered you've been casually making a variety of extreme accusations, for example suggesting Snikt was maybe a "Nazi" at one point and throwing out how the "KKK" were active in this thread. As with you claims about Trump supporters today, you provide no evidence whatsoever for claims about their alleged mental state or views.

Yet look how pissy (and suddenly concerned with evidence) you get at a humorous spin on your continued reference to the box office gross.

Umm last I checked we’re all on the world wide web here are we not?

So any middle school graduate would tell you there are all walks of life perusing thru here, no?

A little bit of this a little bit of that.

sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back