Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell yeah he’s great.

God I hope I just didn’t call a Nazi great.

Why appear to compliment a person and then even introduce the notion that a person is a "Nazi?"

And the reason I don't take that as a joke, as I once would have with jye, is because of his others rants/references to Nazis in this thread which appear to be in total earnest. It comes across as genuinely obsessive concern.

Snikt was a nazi tho right? Didn’t he like going around punching black people lol

Wow. Evidence or GTFO.

Wow...apparently things still a little edgy in these parts

That's how we roll in the LJ streets, son!

yTQl7Pl.gif

Evidence or GTFO.

The first time he brought up the thing about beating up black people was in response to one of my posts in the It thread, so here's his original post:

Exactly why I've left every time and gotten my money back. I don't cower down to anyone. I'm not changing seats and hiding from people. I'm asking people to please be quiet and when they refuse and continue talking I ask management to help. Problem is even though the theaters claim to enforce policies against cellphone use and noise they won't just kick people out. As soon as they leave the room said people go back to talking and I'm back to having to get involved, in a more intense manner.

The mistake our society made and continues to make is tolerating the **** behavior and not standing up against it. That's what got us to this point in contemporary American society where the in-theater experience is all but ruined. People WILL do what they think they can get away with. The people who are reprimanded in public for being disruptive are embarrassed by the situation and are likely to think twice about doing it again. Naturally there are some extreme cases where they wanna throw down with you outside for telling them to be quiet or just don't grow at all from the confrontation - case in point, during my screening of Mother!, both Black dudes who sat in front of me and my brother wouldn't be quiet and disrespected me and my brother (two White men) for bringing it to their attention. I replied with "Let's talk outside, fellas. 2 on 2 seems kosher, no?" Naturally, they refused the invite and left to another theater where they could continue adding loud commentary to the movie.

I think Screening Room is the last game in town. 4K transfer of the film you wanna see in your home on the same Thursday night it opens in theaters for about the same price as two movie tickets.

A bit off-topic JAWS, but out of curiosity, now that the SW Sequel Trilogy is a bust for you what movies are you looking forward to the most at this point in time? Infinity War and other films from the MCU? Anything else?

MCU of course....

I actually am looking forward to the individual Star Wars story films.. I loved RO and I have no reason to hate Solo until I see it.. Hell I may even enjoy Johnson's trilogy since it wont have OT characters.. I really believe I would enjoy these new films a bit more if it was set a 100 years in the future from Jedi.

Is the new Godzilla movie this year?? Either way I am pumped for that with the director of Krampus at the helm..

Jurassic World 2, Rampage, and Pacific Rim 2... I am a sucker for Giant monsters...

Ready Player One of course..

I believe SNIKT said something about beating up an African American man in a theater....or something like that, and that's how the joke started.

The first time he brought up the thing about beating up black people was in response to one of my posts in the It thread, so here's his original post:

So Snikt's actually account was:
1. He didn't actually fight anyone, just suggested a two-on-two fight.
2. His reason for suggesting a fight was two jerks ruining a film, not their being black.

Characterizations like "beating up an African American man" and "beating up black people" seem to be wrong in both fact and motive, which is the exact point I'm trying to make.

I'm not condoning a fight and would do almost anything to prevent a guy I was with from going off to fight over such a matter (because any fight carries a risk of accidental death, felony arrest, etc.).

I can't believe this an actual discussion in this thread.

This is why you've ceased to be amusing for me. Ever since this movie premiered you've been casually making a variety of extreme accusations, for example suggesting Snikt was maybe a "Nazi" at one point and throwing out how the "KKK" were active in this thread. As with you claims about Trump supporters today, you provide no evidence whatsoever for claims about their alleged mental state or views.

Yet look how pissy (and suddenly concerned with evidence) you get at a humorous spin on your continued reference to the box office gross.

Star puffs is my hero.... a true sideshow hero.
My deep respects.

Characterizations like "beating up an African American man" and "beating up black people" seem to be wrong in both fact and motive, which is the exact point I'm trying to make.

I was just explaining the origin of the joke. My point was that it all began because of some comment he made a while ago.

I can't believe this an actual discussion in this thread.

Speak for yourself, Ms. Puffs. I was just posting pugs :lol

So, do you like pugs? :monkey3

MCU of course....

I actually am looking forward to the individual Star Wars story films.. I loved RO and I have no reason to hate Solo until I see it.. Hell I may even enjoy Johnson's trilogy since it wont have OT characters..

Wasn't the Luke stuff pretty much all that you *did* like from TLJ??

Is the new Godzilla movie this year?? Either way I am pumped for that with the director of Krampus at the helm..

Krampus guy is doing the new Godzilla?? Nice! :rock

So remember kids, requesting evidence in a snarky way = bad. :lecture

Oh wait...

You're misrepresenting my point about jye, trying to get back at me for pointing out you belittling critics, even though you claimed you were not.

I was contrasting how quickly Jye demands evidence when criticized by Popnfresh98, with his running series of remarks about other people that came with no evidence.

You're misrepresenting my point about jye, trying to get back at me for pointing out you belittling critics, even though you claimed you were not.

I was contrasting how quickly Jye demands evidence when criticized by Popnfresh98, with his running series of remarks about other people that came with no evidence.

Well in that link you posted all I said to the person was that I enjoyed reading their post and jokingly said something to the effect of dear god please don’t let me be praising a Nazi lol

Hey it’s the internet one never really knows who they’re really talking too right.

Hell Star Puff I could even be a Nazi.

Look we started off on the wrong foot.

Just admit that you’re wrong and i’m always right and we can get on with being internet respectful to each other.

Also can you help me out i’m never really certain when i’m supposed to be usung To or Too.

I just thought it was funny that you had two back to back (or close to back to back posts) where you mentioned "evidence," one chastising someone who asked for it followed by your own caustic demand for the same. "Get back at you" for mischaracterizing some of my earlier posts? Please, don't make me bust out the Tommy Lee Jones (or TLJ for short, ah yeah) holding a newspaper meme. :lecture

See I don’t think RO is any better than TFA/TLJ.

All 3 have some problems but also have some great moments.

I choose to enjoy all 3 in this order RO/TLJ/TFA.

Difabio chooses to hate all 3 and hate IX already 2 years before release.

You choose to love RO and hate TFA/TLJ.

DiFabio and I are at least consistent you are not that bothers me lol

In others words it’s not logical to love RO and hate TFA/TLJ all 3 are from the same Disney assembly line.

This is all just crazy talk.. You are only consistent if you like RO and not TFA/TLJ because you consistently like good SW movies and not bad ones :lol ;)

You must see this. The roles are reversed. Luke as a Gary Stue. Rey's jobber aura and her status as a jack of all trades in tact.

:lol :lol :lol

Movies don't get to $600+ million domestic because of "one and done" viewings.

Agreed.. I have seen it 2x and may even go see it a 3rd of my friend needs someone to go with him.

Yeah I will unfortunately have to disregard a-dev’s request because box office is part of the narrative in all movie threads as it should be since it’s the engine that drives these projects to begin with so why should TLJ be exempt sorry a-dev lol

I say rate the Adjusted for inflation numbers are more true to how the film is really doing.. As the cost of films has gone up also.. Having said that.. TLJ is doing OK there also at number 50 so far..

Better then RO, AOTC and ROTS but not as good as ANH, ESB, ROTJ, TFA, and TPM

JAWS is Trump a Mary Sue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back