Star Ace 1/6 - Harry Potter - Severus Snape

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That can't be the same cloak from Voldemort..... is it?

It seems like they just slapped it on a stand. Sculpt looks better in that picture at least.

Nah, the foot is accurate. It's from the deleted scene where he stepped on a disappearing step and snapped his ankle.

As already mentioned, terrible futzing, but the figure looks great. I like the sculpt, the more muted purple on the robes and the accessories while not pictured, will no doubt be as excellent as the others.

Hopefully it's not delayed much longer...

_DSC0507.jpg

_DSC0511.jpg

How do folks think this Snape compares against Medicom's? Should I hold out for this one, or pay the big bucks for Medicom's?

The clothes may be better on the SA one - hard to tell in the pictures. The sculpt doesn't come close to Medicom's, in my opinion.

My plan is to wait for this to come down in price and then buy it and compare clothes. I'll then use parts of each to make a definitive Snape.

I got my Medicom Snape just under two years ago for a very, very good price. They're crazy prices at the moment, so just keep an eye on Ebay and a reasonable one might come up at some point.

The sculpt is as good or better on Star Ace's. The clothes are better and more accurate, the accessories are cooler. I think people may have problems with the shape of Snape's hair on the Star Ace one - I'd have to concede that Medicom did that a bit better.

My eyesight is not the best but have they completely done away with the purple under garment?

From the pictures alone, I personally liked the Medicom head-sculpt better. I was able to nab one from ebay for under $200 on the day that Alan Rickman's passing was announced, so I grabbed it... and I don't regret it. I do love the accessories that come with the Star Ace figure though...

Back