Star Ace 1/6 - Harry Potter - Severus Snape

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My eyesight is not the best but have they completely done away with the purple under garment?

I wasn't sure about that either. I think it's just really dark. The newest posed pictures look black, but the one a couple of pages back (with the wonky foot) has a purple shade to it where the light hits it. Which, if that's the case, should look pretty great in hand.

I wasn't sure about that either. I think it's just really dark. The newest posed pictures look black, but the one a couple of pages back (with the wonky foot) has a purple shade to it where the light hits it. Which, if that's the case, should look pretty great in hand.

If it's black, but because of the lights is looking slightly purple, then that's absolutely spot on. The real costumes were exactly that - black in real life, but purple under certain lights and in promo photos.

This is a picture I took a couple of months back.

IMG_1708.JPG

How do folks think this Snape compares against Medicom's? Should I hold out for this one, or pay the big bucks for Medicom's?

IMO the Medicom Snape looks much more like Alan Rickman. It's a surprisingly excellent sculpt. The Star Ace one isn't GODAWFUL, but I think it missed the mark. Just looks too young/friendly/kinda soft, and....not Alan Rickmanish. :lol The outfit and accessories look like they'll be better on Star Ace's figure, though, so I'm going to kinda combine the two for the ultimate Snape. :)

My eyesight is not the best but have they completely done away with the purple under garment?

It looks black under most light, but it's seems to be a very, very dark blue. Definitely not the purple of the prototype in NY.

Cheers everyone, was not sure if it was all black or a really dark purple/blue. I am booked for the studio tour next month for the second time. The Hogwarts express was not there the first time I went so really looking forward to it!

Cheers everyone, was not sure if it was all black or a really dark purple/blue. I am booked for the studio tour next month for the second time. The Hogwarts express was not there the first time I went so really looking forward to it!

We're off there again next month too. The Hogwarts Express/Kings Cross is very cool. Plus they've redone the cafe etc. We've been a lot of times and I must say the last time was the best with the extension.

We're off there again next month too. The Hogwarts Express/Kings Cross is very cool. Plus they've redone the cafe etc. We've been a lot of times and I must say the last time was the best with the extension.

Yeah cannot wait to see that, really looking forward to not having any kids this time Lol, I am surprised they do not sell Star Ace figures in the gift shop.

I can't stand Sean Long reviews... Please someone load a different one lol.

Over here.

I'm surprised to see such a prolonged discussion of the costume colors, lol. Something that is truly black won't look any other color under strong direct lighting.

Robe = black
Shirt = purple

Snape-6.jpg

I'm surprised to see such a prolonged discussion of the costume colors, lol. Something that is truly black won't look any other color under strong direct lighting.

Robe = black
Shirt = purple

:slap That's the whole point - it isn't purple. That's why they've corrected it.

Just look at the picture I took of the real one on the previous page.

Like we've discussed - the purple is an optical illusion under certain lights. And black does look different under different lights depending on fabric. All fabric does. The robe and jacket/shirt are different materials, hence the colour illusion. And apparently anything black on film is tricky because of exactly that. It can also look different because of filters etc, which the costume department also have to take into account - hence Voldemort's robes.

So, that's why the prolonged discussion and now you're saying it's purple again :rotfl

It now seems Star Ace have got it spot on. Before, it was very purple.

Last edited:
...and you completely ignored what I wrote. Strong direct lighting, not weak/diffused/filtered/etc. lighting.

As for the picture that you posted, his shirt is purple. ;)

...and you completely ignored what I wrote. Strong direct lighting, not weak/diffused/filtered/etc. lighting.

As for the picture that you posted, his shirt is purple. ;)

That's not fair - I didn't ignore what you wrote and I'm sorry you took offense, it's just been a long discussion :)

You said it's purple. It isn't and I tried to explain to you why that's the case. The apparent colours are from pictures (even using direct light as per my picture - which again was my point to you).

All Snape's outfits were completely black - it's the cameras/filters combined with types of material that give the illusion of purple (or any other colour you like), but we'll agree to disagree because life is too short. . .

The main thing is Star Ace have recognised this and have changed it accordingly.

Last edited:
If the shirt is indeed black, it would look the same as the robe. They're being illuminated by the same light source!

Back