Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

a85uZNz.png

I don't think he looks too big for Joker. He should be bigger than him. What would he be here maybe 8" taller than Joker if they were full scale?

I just opened my Batman up and got to say he's the best PF I've ever owned, and I've owned some great one's. I was skeptical, but the stitching job looks great on mine. The paint job is beautiful. I love the skin tone, it gives him this lurking in the shadows ruggedness that makes him look like he just jumped out of the comic.

I just opened my Batman up and got to say he's the best PF I've ever owned, and I've owned some great one's. I was skeptical, but the stitching job looks great on mine. The paint job is beautiful. I love the skin tone, it gives him this lurking in the shadows ruggedness that makes him look like he just jumped out of the comic.

See, look at that. All that rage, and the Batman makes everything better.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Can you post photos please?

If I got the bad armpits that some of these unfortunate people received I'd be upset, this one turned out close to perfect. All but the exception of a little scuffing on his boots (which I haven't decided if I'm going to complain about or not) and one little crease under his right arm. If it wern't for those two things I'd give him a 10/10.

Would really love to see pics of your Bats, if you don't have the sagging armpit issue you are the ONLY one at this point that doesn't. If you don't that also is a case for all of us to call SS on since they are saying that they are all like that. So c'mon let's see those pits! :)

If I got the bad armpits that some of these unfortunate people received I'd be upset, this one turned out close to perfect. All but the exception of a little scuffing on his boots (which I haven't decided if I'm going to complain about or not) and one little crease under his right arm. If it wern't for those two things I'd give him a 10/10.

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

I got mine in tonight and by far he is my favorite statue. Again, the armpit stitching is not worth blowing up about, so please relax until you see this in hand. Photos make it look much worse than it is, even in my photo it looks worse. In hand, its just amazing. Instant grail for me.

apasuhe2.jpg

Just finished setting him up. I'll tell you what I think about him. Remember the time when we complained that SS made hollow statues with hollow bases? Remember the time when we complained SS's quality control dropped considerably? Remember unimaginative bases? Remember lame EX prints? Remember when SS didn't even have a DC license? Well ladies and gentlemen, this statue certainly don't remind me of those times at all. The sculpted cape and and choice for tailoring makes this piece an art sculpture rather than looking like an oversized doll. It commands presence and I never did and still have no complaints about this piece. IMO its a home run, a future grail, and worth every penny. There, I said it. Oh and shame on those that posted deceiving crappy pictures early on and driving everyone into a frenzy :nono, jk.

That is actually the portrait I prefer to display him with.

I don't blame you... After seeing pics I was pretty sure I knew which one I was going to use. Once I opened it up and tried on both I actually just sat there for a while staring and switching them out.

Now THIS is how SS used to do statues. This is epic. Pictures do not do the cape justice, it's massive. Finally a statue that is on par with Hulk PF, Spiderman PF, Captain America PF, easily worthy of being the first Batman. Its been a while since i opened a new statue and had a big a$$ grin the whole time.

Be careful unpacking, and setting up, lots of sharp edges that can get caught on something.

Damn, just opened mine up and the edge of the symbol on his chest is missing. I'm guessing it was probably rubbed/scratched off during application. If they were able to stick with the original sculpted symbol and position, the cape would've covered it up. This better be significant enough for SS to send me a replacement; it's very noticeable. The styrofoam also broke for my base as well, but the base itself was undamaged. The pit seams could've been tighter to the body, but they look pretty good. It's annoying this one detail throws everything else off.

The amount of mood swings in this thread have been tremendous.

Well that is because there was a legit thing to complain about.

Ha ha, great video man! The statue looks amazing... makes all that early panic look freaking ridiculous.

Will wait and see when I have it in hand. But some Statues don't seem to be as effected by the seams as others.

the only thing ridiculous is to deny the obvious, which is slightly tanned face and armpit folds

this is a fact,

for many 20 Megapixels photos or very nice they are, what can not be is bow our heads and say YES YES YES to SS all the time

the facts and the protests were justified ,is easier to settle and silence what many of us are doing mean we waiting the piece but that doesn´t mean that if we get the figure bad with failures we´ll go to eat and shut up

:duff

While I agree with this post. I am no longer this upset. I have come to terms with the fact that if I don't like it I will just send it back..

Or you know....send it back for refund and move on with your life? Lol

After watching Lone Survivor tonight I realize that worrying about a statue is sort of dumb. (I always knew that but wanted my perfect Batman anyways)

However, like I said before I hope I don't get one like this.

but as many have said it seems to be fixable. But when photos like this are out there, Sideshow admits that they are all like that, and SSAlex says there really is not much that can be done, well IMO there was a reason to panic. So I think it's a little unfair to ask people not to freak.

Happy for everyone that got this dude. Initially I thought the long-eared sculpt looked like doo doo, but there were some late high res pics that turned that around for me. I never really paid any attention, but I just realized the long-eared head is just a mini-sculpt of the Bats LSB.

I'm already wondering how long before a variant comes out. All they really have to do is make and sew in his yellow crest, paint everything else a brighter blue, and kablamo...Modern Bats!

Would really love to see pics of your Bats, if you don't have the sagging armpit issue you are the ONLY one at this point that doesn't. If you don't that also is a case for all of us to call SS on since they are saying that they are all like that. So c'mon let's see those pits! :)

There's slight sagging, but it's very minimal. I'm trying to post pics, but it's not letting me. It's shows the last eight or nine pictures I posted and it wont let me delete them. Every time I try to upload a photo it keeps telling me that I reached my maximum capacity, but it's not giving me an option to get rid of the old pics it keeps showing. What the hell?

How to fix?

Someone on the other forum was able to do some adjustments.

Of course it still looks a bit strnge under the left arm... Like perhaps there is a piece of excess pollystone there bumping it out. There have been other suggestions also but no one has tried them yet. I may wait and see what the best solution is.

So I tried to tighten up the material around the armpits. I don't think it will make everyone happy but you can modify it without stretching the fabric too much. I used a rubber watch band and pulled it under the armpit and then pulled the fabric back.

IMG_7609.jpg

IMG_7610.jpg

IMG_7611.jpg

IMG_7612.jpg

IMG_7613.jpg

Back