Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

images

I'm not sure how kants theory has anything to do with this. I'm not trying to come across as kurt, but isn't that theory in support of subjective perspective? Kant equates aesthetic appreciation and perspective with moral judgement. And then he further expl....meh whatever. It's a ******ing comic character statue board.

That bastard's whole m.o. Was conflating subjectivity with objectivity. Rotten, f'n villain of a man. :monkey1

Been away for a few days cause of all the negativity on here before. Nice to see things have change and the pictures are fantastic. Can't wait to get mine on Monday.

He looks great in a besta. I'm using detolfs and before you criticize, I like them for the glass and 360 view.
Repositioned two detolfs on either side of my dark knight poster last night. Anxiously awaiting bats who will crown the top of one, with Supes then WW on two shelves below. The other has Joker himself with the two pretty ladies in the shelves underneath.
I really like this line. I wish they continued it with more momentum. Everything takes to long.

I really get tired of all the negativity on these forums too, but in some cases its warranted. I'm still waiting on my EX to arrive to pass final judgement, but I'm very concerned. I have not seen one pic without the armpit issue. I worked on my Jack the Ripper pf for close to an hour to get the clothing to sit how I wanted it. But in this case, it sounds like it is glued on. To look perfect, I think the outfit would need to be stretched 1/4" so the seam tucks under the arm and the bat symbol should be partially covered by the cape. There's a pic posted somewhere in here of Canale's unpainted prototype with the bat symbol drawn on. It looks amazing. Has anyone tried adjusting the cloth yet? I'm just curious how well it is glued on.

Can we see some pics from the right side? There are NO pictures from the right side at all. I'm looking forward to see if some people are able to tweak the armpits and if so, the reg might make an appearance in my collection. The overwhelming praise is difficult to ignore, especially from some seasoned collectors.

Hi Guy's

How do I post picture on the new SF setup?

I tried to attache files to my post but get an error, is there something I'm missing?

Thanks

I received mine yesterday, had to step out for a bit and set it up last night.

This is one of the best statues Sideshow has ever made. I was there when Doom PF, Hulk PF and all that stuff came out. I was also there when the Sideshow Marvel diorama line was at it's peak. Having seen that era of Sideshow collecting I can sit here and tell you this thing has that level of magic once you set it up. A few things that set it off:

1. The base. Not only is it done very well, but it offers the potential to be repainted a darker shade if you buy an extra one of these. It would offer you an entirely different looking piece since it grabs a lot of the composition.

2. The belt. It adds a level of realism to the piece as it pops in that dark yellow to break up all the darkness in the outfit. It looks like it could really hold lots of gadgets. It hooks on like a real belt too at the front.

3. The cape. It's freaking massive but so damn detailed and well painted. We all have seen what DC Direct did with a cloth cape and I would have to say this is a better alternative that gives the piece a high end feeling.

If you like Batman and you collect statues you owe it to yourself to at least see this in person. You might want to bring your $450 with you because you will most likely use it. Ignore all that internet negativity and see it for yourself. On a side note, I can see Sideshow making a blue variant of this piece. They would be fools not to as they obviously spent a good deal of R&D coming up with the composition, pose and proper balance of this piece. Change the belt to a classic "small tube containers" set up instead of pouches, the yellow chest emblem and the paint color of the base to a darker shade and you are good to go.

Good post! I am waiting march to come.

If anyone is letting theirs go please let me know. Sideshow canceled my order for my EX because of a credit card typo that was their fault! This sucks, I ordered day one!

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

Did any of you request a pack out and do you advise that I get one?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

mine coming Monday, the not dry pint is my main concern, here hope for perfect one.

I've never used because I'm in the US but some international guys have told me its worth.it to them.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Thanks Josh :) I'm just scared that my first ever PF might be damaged :( I'm in Canada and its shipping on Tuesday or Thursday

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Back