Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Hey RB, I hope that you are not disappointed m8. I truly do. I am going to be trying to search this down in awhile. I am considering taking on commissions to try to make some cash to buy this one.

As for my son he is doing very well. We are making some head way with it all. It will take some time, but he will get there.

Great to hear that your son is making progress my friend...:) as for the Bats, well I hope you do get to see it with your eon eyes one day. I can't remember anyone else here who was more excited abt recieving him so best of luck. Will definately get some pics up on Tuesday buddy :)

I had to give this one up m8... at least for now.... my little guy needed some therapies and assessments. I am looking into trying to make some money on the side, but we will see.

I am always up for anatomy discussions, but this isn't really the place as well. I am probably going to show off some of my work in a thread later tonight, maybe you could drop by there.

It will be my pleasure buddy...

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

So, I just unpacked mine. He does have that weird armpit issue, but it's not bad. My problem is that he's too damned big for my display case, so he's going to live in his box for now. He's a beast--pretty heavy and sturdy--and I think he's a winner. The Hulk PF is my gold standard, and while batman isn't in that league, he's fantastic. I can't imagine someone being unhappy with this piece. It has presence.

So, I just unpacked mine. He does have that weird armpit issue, but it's not bad. My problem is that he's too damned big for my display case, so he's going to live in his box for now. He's a beast--pretty heavy and sturdy--and I think he's a winner. The Hulk PF is my gold standard, and while batman isn't in that league, he's fantastic. I can't imagine someone being unhappy with this piece. It has presence.

Sure cause he is damn BATMAN:)

Sounds great,congrats :duff

Well this and my 89 batmobile are tied as far as batman collectibles go. After putting this together I said under my breath "epic". He's huge and weights a ton. I am very very happy I got this.

TVI9liC.png

a85uZNz.png

Yeah, I'm beginning to think he's a little bigger than 1/4 scale. Kind of like the original Spidey Com. That's OK though, it'll just add to the epic nature of this piece.

:exactly: hopefully he'll be much closer in size to the Supes PF! Those two will look epic together :)

Great to hear that your son is making progress my friend...:) as for the Bats, well I hope you do get to see it with your eon eyes one day. I can't remember anyone else here who was more excited abt recieving him so best of luck. Will definately get some pics up on Tuesday buddy :)

I will keep an eye out m8. It is totally awesome to see him coming around bit by bit. It is expensive, and it will take time, but in the end it is totally worth it.

It will be my pleasure buddy...

Threw a link into my signature... hope you enjoy looking m8.

It kinda sucks that the rest of us has to wait til March for these. I really want one now and am trying to hold off from just dropping the extra cash for an ex.

You are a very interesting guy...

That's kind of you to say. :)

I don't believe that art is subjective, but part of objectivity is the fact that values are hierarchical. Every element of a piece serves the whole, but not to the same degree. Some elements are more important than others. Personal values also play a role in evaluation. Tailoring is important, but how important is it that every corner of the physique be graphically presented? It depends a lot on the viewer. It also depends on the subject matter. Batman is physically strong, but the greater part of his power is intellect, so how crucial is a meticulous representation of his musculature?

It's in questions like this that variation will arise in people's opinions. Those variations are equally valid because we are the ones who will be owning the statue. Is there room for tolerance of imperfection? That's for each individual to decide.

Quick question for you experienced statue guys. I see how the batman cape goes right on top and then the head sits on top of that, how would the superman work? Because the cape doesn't wrap around to the front like batman, it almost looks like the cape goes over the head sculpt in pictures?

Back