Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

I just opened my Batman up and got to say he's the best PF I've ever owned, and I've owned some great one's. I was skeptical, but the stitching job looks great on mine. The paint job is beautiful. I love the skin tone, it gives him this lurking in the shadows ruggedness that makes him look like he just jumped out of the comic.

Very, very happy for you.

Mine is arriving at the warehouse on the 20th. Can't wait! Congrats to all those who've already received theirs.

Sorry but that is not correct either, please read Immanuel Kant's Aesthetic's Theory...

I'm not sure how kants theory has anything to do with this. I'm not trying to come across as kurt, but isn't that theory in support of subjective perspective? Kant equates aesthetic appreciation and perspective with moral judgement. And then he further expl....meh whatever. It's a ******ing comic character statue board.

My Batman arrived tonight.

I usually follow every post on a piece I'm getting but I stopped checking into this thread with all the negativity. Decided to just wait and see.

I think it's possibly the best SS PF I've ever seen.

I'm a mixed media fan. I was worried about the costume and the armpits (the armpits on mine look fine). Done well, mixed media beats fully sculpted in my opinion. It's just so much more visually interesting. Done poorly, mixed media is worse (Baroness I'm looking at you.)

The sculpted cape however, is definitely the way to go. It has SO much drama. I look at Storm's sad, floppy cape, then I look at Batman's kick *** cape, and there's no contest. So I think SS made a good call here. Love the mixed media costume, love the sculpted cape.

My other thought is that he's huge. He looks even bigger than the original Cap PF, and he makes the Hulk Maquette look smallish . I don't mind that much because it's not too jolting and because he's the goddamn Batman. At least he fits in a Besta.

Anyway, so much win

Finally, thanks to the early picture posters on both forums. Not everyone has a great camera or lighting (I don't), but I (and I'm sure many others) appreciated your efforts to share. I was disappointed in some of the criticism flung at the photographers, sometimes by people who don't even post pics themselves.

I usually follow every post on a piece I'm getting but I stopped checking into this thread with all the negativity. Decided to just wait and see.

I'm a mixed media fan. I was worried about the costume and the armpits (the armpits on mine look fine). Done well, mixed media beats fully sculpted in my opinion. It's just so much more visually interesting. Done poorly, mixed media is worse (Baroness I'm looking at you.)

The sculpted cape however, is definitely the way to go. It has SO much drama. I look at Storm's sad, floppy cape, then I look at Batman's kick *** cape, and there's no contest. So I think SS made a good call here. Love the mixed media costume, love the sculpted cape.

My other thought is that he's huge. He looks even bigger than the original Cap PF, and he makes the Hulk Maquette look smallish . I don't mind that much because it's not too jolting and because he's the goddamn Batman. At least he fits in a Besta.

Anyway, so much win

Finally, thanks to the early picture posters on both forums. Not everyone has a great camera or lighting (I don't), but I (and I'm sure many others) appreciated your efforts to share. I was disappointed in some of the criticism flung at the photographers, sometimes by people who don't even post pics themselves.

Good post. I agree completely. Thanks for posting

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks dude but no I don't have photoshop. I actually reduced an image to 131kb and it still replied with a stange error saying I had exceeded my quota by 400kb so now I have no idea what's going on. Have you gots yours yet Sarakawa?

easiest way is use paint. every window pc have em. yea your post is kina old in this thread, lol.

Anyway, so much win

Amazing collection. + rep.

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

oh4q.jpg

little confuse here. you posting bat pic but you haven't receive him yet? yea I worry about his armpit too. but I receive mine latest; second or third batch.

Anyway, so much win

Post of the thread. Great pics mate.

Would really love to see pics of your Bats, if you don't have the sagging armpit issue you are the ONLY one at this point that doesn't. If you don't that also is a case for all of us to call SS on since they are saying that they are all like that. So c'mon let's see those pits! :)

:exactly: .

little confuse here. you posting bat pic but you haven't receive him yet? yea I worry about his armpit too. but I receive mine latest; second or third batch.

I don't think it matters what batch you get because from what it sounds like they are all already made... But just come overseas in waves because SSC doesn't have room all of them.

Probably the same people that can't afford Sideshow Collectibles.

Yeah it's probably the reason.
Or probably people who wait for their Batman statue and meanwhile they realize, by seeing videos and photos, how the statue is not good as it should be.

I don't think it matters what batch you get because from what it sounds like they are all already made... But just come overseas in waves because SSC doesn't have room all of them.

yea, no question about it being already made and the quality standard of it. but its that I have to wait even longer than I usually have to wait.

Yeah it's probably the reason.
Or probably people who wait for their Batman statue and meanwhile they realize, by seeing videos and photos, how the statue is not good as it should be.

Yep. It's the quotes like the former that just fan the flames. So much superior attitude at times in this hobby that just sets people off when they think they are being dismissed.

Batman has a legitimate shortcoming, to what effect it bothers someone, can really only be determined once in hand. All the pictures that prove it cause the pendulum to swing both for and against.

Yep. It's the quotes like the former that just fan the flames. So much superior attitude at times in this hobby that just sets people off when they think they are being dismissed.

Batman has a legitimate shortcoming, to what effect it bothers someone, can really only be determined once in hand. All the pictures that prove it cause the pendulum to swing both for and against.

It would appear that it is a perceived shortcoming. It doesn't look like the tayloring issue is as consistent as SSCAlex seemed to think it was, and let's face it she didn't open EVERY BOX, or that some guys when setting him up just some how adjust it. If it is the first one guys will be using that fact to turn around to SSC and demand some compensation, but if it is the latter then it could simply be a matter of these guys did something they always do when setting up a statue that improves its appearance and it is just habit and they wouldn't even think to mention it. Now I would tend to think it is the first one, and in that case SSC will be getting some emails that is for sure, but I also feel that the pics that are coming out now and the testimonials will do the same for Batman and PitGate as they did for the Hulk Maquette and EyeBrowGate.

I received mine yesterday, had to step out for a bit and set it up last night.

This is one of the best statues Sideshow has ever made. I was there when Doom PF, Hulk PF and all that stuff came out. I was also there when the Sideshow Marvel diorama line was at it's peak. Having seen that era of Sideshow collecting I can sit here and tell you this thing has that level of magic once you set it up. A few things that set it off:

1. The base. Not only is it done very well, but it offers the potential to be repainted a darker shade if you buy an extra one of these. It would offer you an entirely different looking piece since it grabs a lot of the composition.

2. The belt. It adds a level of realism to the piece as it pops in that dark yellow to break up all the darkness in the outfit. It looks like it could really hold lots of gadgets. It hooks on like a real belt too at the front.

3. The cape. It's freaking massive but so damn detailed and well painted. We all have seen what DC Direct did with a cloth cape and I would have to say this is a better alternative that gives the piece a high end feeling.

If you like Batman and you collect statues you owe it to yourself to at least see this in person. You might want to bring your $450 with you because you will most likely use it. Ignore all that internet negativity and see it for yourself. On a side note, I can see Sideshow making a blue variant of this piece. They would be fools not to as they obviously spent a good deal of R&D coming up with the composition, pose and proper balance of this piece. Change the belt to a classic "small tube containers" set up instead of pouches, the yellow chest emblem and the paint color of the base to a darker shade and you are good to go.

Last edited:
Back