Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Personally, I don't see why everyone wants a sculpted suit. He looks muscular enough to me, and the cloth brings a certain realism to it that I ind to enhance the piece.

Yep. I like the fabric suit. It's the use of fabric that interests me. Otherwise it's just a plastic statue.

Multimedia statues (ie. PFs) >>> Statues

Yep. I like the fabric suit. It's the use of fabric that interests me. Otherwise it's just a plastic statue.

Yeah, same here. It'll look kinda odd if hes not in fabric suit, since I'm planning to put him side by side with the Joker PF.

The cape was sculpted, yet not completely by hand. They used a technique where they use a fabric and then harden it and mold it to their like. Take a look at the THOR PF, it will be very similar...

I liked the way they did that with Thor, the only downside is that if they wired it, especially with Batman, and kept it fabric it'd give posing options. With a piece that is perched on a rooftop, the ability to flow the cape is one that should have been done. Small knitpick.

So this Batman PF forms part of the JLA series, does this mean there's going to be another version of the bat at some point? Been wanting to see a Jim Lee version of him >_>

It doesn't form the JLA, they are promoting it as part of a JLA line up. It's just a way to promote who is in the pipeline. It's similar to the way they did with the Avengers shot

021509avengers.jpg

Each was an individual piece and they don't even interlock or relate in terms of bases, it's just a way to show off who is being done. Superman and Batman are on gargoyles, Wonder Woman is on a battleground, The Flash on a generic Speed Force base, GL looks to be leaning against a rock formation, Aquaman with a water themed base.

They won't form anything per se.

That being said, I guarantee you that eventually we'll see specific artist pieces like Jim Lee or Alex Ross but that they'll be a bit away because SSC will give their own "interpretations" first as they did with Marvel.

I liked the way they did that with Thor, the only downside is that if they wired it, especially with Batman, and kept it fabric it'd give posing options. With a piece that is perched on a rooftop, the ability to flow the cape is one that should have been done. Small knitpick.

Your right about that. ARH and I dont like to use fabrics. But you got to hand it to SS, PF is unique and different and their unique style and they have established the brand
I wish they keep it fabric, from what I have seen so far in the WIP its not going to be.
I wonder if they will use same form fitting material they used on black cat or Bucky cap?

It doesn't form the JLA, they are promoting it as part of a JLA line up. It's just a way to promote who is in the pipeline. It's similar to the way they did with the Avengers shot

021509avengers.jpg

Each was an individual piece and they don't even interlock or relate in terms of bases, it's just a way to show off who is being done. Superman and Batman are on gargoyles, Wonder Woman is on a battleground, The Flash on a generic Speed Force base, GL looks to be leaning against a rock formation, Aquaman with a water themed base.

That being said, I guarantee you that eventually we'll see specific artist pieces like Jim Lee or Alex Ross but that they'll be a bit away because SSC will give their own "interpretations" first as they did with Marvel.

I actually like the way they did with the Avegers. Even if the bases don't match each other and the way SSC displayed them (as shown in the pic), somehow it feels like they have created a "scene" and I love that.
So it won't happen with DC? You can't display them all together because of different look on the bases?

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

SSC should have someone at their company to see all of these ideas and thoughts that fans are posting on this site. So they know what fans want and don't want. I think it could increase their business by listening to their fans...

But then they might listen to the wrong people.

021509avengers.jpg

LOL, good - I'm glad if that's how it's going to be, never been the completist type

So it won't happen with DC? You can't display them all together because of different look on the bases?

The bases are so different that it'll be obvious they are all on different bases but it'll still create a scene. I remember once SSC did that there were a few people who made their own bases to have them all together, I'm sure it'll happen here.

I like that each piece/base is customized to the character. Those giant red "X" bases for the Jim Lee Xmen PF's do nothing for me.

If they do an exclusive I rather it be character specific. Example: Batman having the yellow oval symbol with the blue/grey outfit.

SSC should have someone at their company to see all of these ideas and thoughts that fans are posting on this site. So they know what fans want and don't want. I think it could increase their business by listening to their fans...

:goodpost: Agreed, I think they do keep some tabs on the forums tho', we did a poll on Colossus pose some time back and they happened to use the most popular one for the comiquette. If they had changed the lines on the face like fans wanted, the comiquette would have done much better. PCS for examples are great at listening to fan input. I think many fans have great ideas. :hi5:

:goodpost: Agreed, I think they do keep some tabs on the forums tho', we did a poll on Colossus pose some time back and they happened to use the most popular one for the comiquette. If they had changed the lines on the face like fans wanted, the comiquette would have done much better. PCS for examples are great at listening to fan input. I think many fans have great ideas. :hi5:

:exactly::hi5:

Sideshow hurry up and take my money already :impatient:

Does anyone know what color his costume will be? I was wondering if it will be blue/grey or black/grey.

I can't wait for the full reveal. This is definitely a day one purchase for me!

The rumors (none backed up) is that it will be the midnight blue/gray scheme. Similar to this:

batmancos.jpg

Which would pull it apart from the Full Size Bust which is black and gray.

Crap. I was hoping it would be done using the same colors of the bust.

Back