Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

SSC should have someone at their company to see all of these ideas and thoughts that fans are posting on this site. So they know what fans want and don't want. I think it could increase their business by listening to their fans...

I was just thinking that myself but man, I really want all of these in 1/4 scale. I just don't understand why they don't stick with what really works best like with gambit...PEOPLE WANT THE NICE SCULPTED MUSCLES. I mean jesus these are SUPERHEROES...I don't want baggy clothed material covering up a nice sculpted body that an artist spent hours modeling in 3d or by hand!!!!!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only problem is that the comiquette will more than likely be in 1/5 scale.

My thoughts exactly. Ugh, I was hoping for fully sculpted body, mixed media cape. Most of us want an awesome PF to go with our Joker PF, and as you can imagine, a 1/5 scale comiquette would not go well.

That isn't the way it would turn out necessarily. While Comiquettes have been mainly featured in 1:5, their scales are not secure and bounce from various scales. Spider-Man (a clothed PF) was done as a sold 1:4 comiquette, The Punisher (again another PF) was done in 1:4 scale.

Just because it's a comiquette doesn't equal 1:5 scale, in fact quite the opposite as they are all over the map unlike PFs which have routinely maintained the 1:4 scale size.

I would guarantee you that within four years of this license they'll be multiple PFs, Comiquettes probably in multiple scales of Batman that will go with the Joker no problem. The problem is more that people don't want to wait.

I was just thinking that myself but man, I really want all of these in 1/4 scale. I just don't understand why they don't stick with what really works best like with gambit...PEOPLE WANT THE NICE SCULPTED MUSCLES. I mean jesus these are SUPERHEROES...I don't want baggy clothed material covering up a nice sculpted body that an artist spent hours modeling in 3d or by hand!!!!!

Simple PFs are what put Sideshow on the Map, that is their bread and butter and whether or not some like them it is definitely their go-to, I would imagine that if it isn't a issue of an accessoried part like a light-up function (GL) or a character who isn't in fabric, that we'll see the majority in the initial offerings go the PF route.

Ok guys since the Bat is out of the Cave :) I will tell you that he has a Batarang on his right side. Is it the EX? I dont know, but I hope to find out soon enough....

Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Love the look of this PF. Cannot wait to display it with the other Justice League members. Really looking forward to seeing what they come up with on Wonder Woman.

Be prepared to be charged $450 for this piece... Just throwing that out there right now before all you guys declare "instant buy!"

Looks like a fabric outfit.

I'll be very tempted to get this...

Be prepared to be charged $450 for this piece... Just throwing that out there right now before all you guys declare "instant buy!"

How did you come up with a price like $450 ? Imo even If it's the price your assuming people will still buy it it's going to be the first batman pf and a great pf to have next to the joker pf so their is going to be a massive demand for it. I think this pf will have ridiculous after market prices once its released and sold out. Happy 2012 to all.

Glad that SS is going with the classic look instead of the DCnU look. Y'know if SS wanted to really milk this they would make the regular Black and grey and the EX blue and grey. They would rake it in.

Personally, I don't see why everyone wants a sculpted suit. He looks muscular enough to me, and the cloth brings a certain realism to it that I ind to enhance the piece.

Last edited:

The advantage to clothed statues is that they're more realistic than a straight painted sculpt. The painted sculpts look more like comic art, but a real body would not appear that way.

Instant buy. :yess:

Bat looks awesome, only thing that bugs me is how the cape looks all stuffed under the cowl.

Other than that, personal preference for the longer ears would make me love it more, but can't wait to see the full reveal, and he BETTER not be in sweats.

Doesnt look like a PF. Looks fully sculpted. Not a fan of comic Batman so I'll leave this thread now.

Also, I'm not sure what purpose would be served in being able to see every gory detail of Batman's physique.

I hope I don't miss out on any DC statues when SSC release them for pre-order. I will never forgive myself if I have missed out one.

When SSC release an item for pre-order when is the earliest you can place an order? They used to say on their blog between 2-3 Pacific Time. What is pacific time? Is it California time?

I hope I don't miss out on any DC statues when SSC release them for pre-order. I will never forgive myself if I have missed out one.

When SSC release an item for pre-order when is the earliest you can place an order? They used to say on their blog between 2-3 Pacific Time. What is pacific time? Is it California time?

I come from Europe my self (Cyprus) so when they talk Pacific time it means California time. I always check the newsletter , which is on every week on Thursdays, but is late here around 11-12 oclock evening time. So as soon as there is anything new , for pre order you can order it immediatly through their side. You can always check the world times on the internet to see the difference of your local time with California time. I hope i did help..:)

Back