SS SW Figure price increase Upset or not?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you upset by the recent SW figure price increase?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is the 2nd figure in a row I haven't ordered, and until they get rid of the awful Buck and learn about quality control, I'm done. I'll grab something down the road to use up my points after Palps & Praji ship, but the cost/ my perceived value for SS product has went way over the limit.
Guess I'm sticking with Medicom and rounding up more Marmits for awhile.

Then prepare to be ticked. My prediction is that we'll see at least one non-armored figure go up for pre-order this year with a $74.99 price tag, and maybe even one priced at $79.99.

Piss on that. :emperor

Seriously, I'll be all Hot Toys when it comes to 1:6 if that happens.

Do you know how hard it will be to pass on a Darth Tyrannus at 74.99 or 79.99 when they make one WITHOUT A NEW BODY? Very hard.

BUT WATCH ME DO IT SIDESHOW!!

Change the body and you fix a boatload of upset customers.

Re: Sideshow, please address these price increases. Seriously.

Didn't we already have this thread once :rolleyes:

Thread rated :cool:

I wonder how we got Bespin Luke for $55? What appeared to be a return to "normal prices" at the time seems like a strange aberration in hindsight.

First SSC i have'nt PPO, for the price it is added with the tax and shipping in the UK makes them really expensive for what they are.
I just got charged £54.98 for Obi-wan and £70 for Takara Batman so who
knows what price Luke will be with the changing exchange rates.

And I guess this would technically be addressing the price increase:

We have spared no expense in tooling and fabrication to bring you the absolute best and most detailed Luke that we can offer, despite the rising cost of manufacturing overseas.

If Sideshow continues with the price increase and keeps the buck bodies they will have a problem making characters that fans would buy. I doubt that many will pay $80.00 for a Greedo, or a Tusken Raider.

And I guess this would technically be addressing the price increase:

This would make perfect sense, if every other overseas-manufactured consumer product in every other category had also experienced a 40% jump in prices over the past two years. As it happens, they have not.

I gave you what was written by SSC that would serve as an explanation for the increase in price. Then you put a response that rejected it out of hand? Are you being contrarian?

Isn't Pix's favorite word hyperbole? I see a lot of it going around today from both sides and in between.

This would make perfect sense, if every other overseas-manufactured consumer product in every other category had also experienced a 40% jump in prices over the past two years. As it happens, they have not.

:lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture :lecture

RoboDad, stop rejecting the manufacting cost increase excuse out of hand as the full explanation and being a contrarian! :monkey1 :lol

So you really don't think that the cost of making figures rises over 2 years? Fine then what sort of explanation are you looking for? Would anything offered make you happy... or are these threads just intended to be a place were you can use the word contrarian?

Isn't Pix's favorite word hyperbole? I see a lot of it going around today from both sides and in between.

I don't.

Legitimate Opinion: "This figure is not worth around $80."

Hyperbole: "This is the worst thing ever." (no one has said this)

Legitimate Opinion: "I don't have a problem at all with the price or the increase."

Hyperbole: "Sideshow can literally charge ANYTHING for these precious figures and it will be worth it." (no one has said this, either. Well, not really anyway).

Back