SS SW Figure price increase Upset or not?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you upset by the recent SW figure price increase?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ugh, what a crap thread to resurrect... you are a bastard Badmoon :lol

Although, I think that these are being listed as TBD edition sizes so Sideshow can get a feel for what the volume of sales will be. I mean they are being debuted at a time when many people are looking at ordering new stuff.

For all we know they could have 3,000 of each already spoken for.

The Buck is (hopefully) finally going to die. And people are still having "Buck vs Every Other Body" arguments?

Oh and the buck is a horrible body. It doesn't look good or natural in any pose that you can get it in.

No argument here of the quality of the body. I am just curious to think what your impressions are on the price increase. It seems most of us are ok with it. However, there are allot of people outside of this board that buy these things. Some people on here take great pride in educating or at least trying to people who they assume aren't in the know. Like reporting auctions of repaints and stuff. That being said it looks like those people who are not in the know are not buying the figures. At least that's all I can think of. Why are these guys not sold out? I think it has to do with price. Again we know and can understand the increase. I wonder if we will get lower edition sizes?

...However, neither sold out. I think that is suprising considering the popularity of the characters...

They are both TBD... Sideshow knew they would be popular figures, so they are letting people order. I don't think not selling out yet is any indication of how many are ordering or the price...

They are both TBD... Sideshow knew they would be popular figures, so they are letting people order. I don't think not selling out yet is any indication of how many are ordering or the price...

That's a good point too. Usually though even when it says TBD bigger characters like these at least the exclusives are gone within hours. Gandalf has been days. If they are selling a ton it would kinda not be so much of an exclusive.

With the new prices I don't know how long I can hang in the hobby even though the quality of the figures went up.

There is just so much satisfaction a figure can give and I'm not sure $100 after tax and shipping is worth it. Especially when you start multiplying it by 6,10,15 figures ect.

With the increase in price mixed with the addition of the Indy and GI Joe lines do you guys think the amount of figures for each line per year will go down?

There is no way I can afford 15 $100 figures per year, but I was able to afford 15 $50 figures.

With the new prices I don't know how long I can hang in the hobby even though the quality of the figures went up.

There is just so much satisfaction a figure can give and I'm not sure $100 after tax and shipping is worth it. Especially when you start multiplying it by 6,10,15 figures ect.

With the increase in price mixed with the addition of the Indy and GI Joe lines do you guys think the amount of figures for each line per year will go down?

There is no way I can afford 15 $100 figures per year, but I was able to afford 15 $50 figures.

That would be a good and a bad thing. Not sure how I feel about that. At least the new dead figure is $50.00. :rock

That would be a good and a bad thing. Not sure how I feel about that. At least the new dead figure is $50.00. :rock

I know being a completist is my own damn fault (as is being married & "only" making $60,000 in a govt job), but it sure makes decision making easy on what figures to buy.

I'd hate to cut back on quantity of figures I buy, but its almost preferable that SSC does it for me by not releasing 15 when I can only buy 8.

"only" making $60,000 in a govt job)

you're complaining about making over $1000 a week on the taxpayer's dime? do you know we're in a recession?

another prime example of our tax dollars hard at work...NOT!

the gov't does need employees to run it you know. usually you can make more going into corporate america so I salute you, Mr. Gov't employee!

If I'm not mistaken, Prog also lives in a very expensive region. I'll go lobby my congressman to add an earmark for Prog to get a raise since his cost of living is higher.:lol

you're complaining about making over $1000 a week on the taxpayer's dime? do you know we're in a recession?

another prime example of our tax dollars hard at work...NOT!

I have 2 degrees and people in my field in the private sector can make about $40,000 more than me with my experience.

Admitedly, I rarely put in over 40 hours a week unlike people in corporate land which is the reason I don't leave govt.

Also, its not like I clear $1,000 a week. I do pay taxes too you know.

Edit. BTW I'm not complaining about my income. I know a lot are worse of than me. I'm lucky to afford a house and not have crazy debt. Just saying that to afford more than 1 of these a month without being an idiot with the credit card is next to impossible for most of us.

Last edited:
Back