SS SW Figure price increase Upset or not?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you upset by the recent SW figure price increase?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am a bit upset but all this will do is make me very picky about who I buy from now on.. I'm not going to quit completely though... no way I could do that.

I'm pretty much hitting my own personal price limit on these 12" figures.

Truth be told, I don't see myself in this market much longer. I'm being priced out.*

*It's not that I can't afford the figures, it's just that there comes a price point where I just don't thing an action figure is cost effective.

I'm fine as long as the likeness gets better... but if we are paying more for no quality increase.. then I'm going to be a heck of a lot pickier on what I buy.

Sure. That's why I said I can't speak for everyone. ;) I just wanted to explain what motivates some of us to be concerned about Sideshow's price increases without feeling that sense of entitlement (which I do agree exists, especially among some Star Wars fans).

Just wanted to make sure we're on the same page. :)

Bump the price up ONE MORE PENNY sideshow without a new body and you've lost a customer.This is as high as i go with the buck and even this is pushing it.

And people think that SS's Vader and stormies will be 99.99 ROTFLMAO:rotfl

Bump the price up ONE MORE PENNY sideshow without a new body and you've lost a customer.This is as high as i go with the buck and even this is pushing it.

You know what? As harsh as that may be to some, I agree with you.

I will not be paying over $70 for a non-armored figure on this prehistoric body. And if the eventual new body bumps up the cost of standard figures to $80, I'm gonna be ticked.

Heck, I almost feel had for buying ANH Luke for $77 (after shipping) knowing that it's still on the vastly inferior base body :monkey2

Seriously, do you guys realize that Hot Toys' latest Rambo figure was only about $10-$20 more than this? And it's an IMPORT!

I was contemplating the ANH Luke until I saw the $70 price tag... :rolleyes:

You know what? As harsh as that may be to some, I agree with you.

:monkey2

yeah me too. With all the acessories and the accurate boots I was figuring between 64.99 and 69.99 for the price of this one. But seriously, if it gets any higher there needs to be a new body and more consistent paint apps from the factories in China.

The price has gotten out of control. As big of a Star Wars fan and Sideshow fan, Luke is NOT at $70 figure. Even with all of the goodies, he is still incomplete. If he had everything, $70 would be reasonable, but since he doesn't, it's not.

The only excuse they can give us is that Luke and Han were so much so we can pay the same amount for Armored figures, which we all know isn't going to happen.

Can't wait to see the $80 Reservoir Dogs next week. :rolleyes:

yeah me too. With all the acessories and the accurate boots I was figuring between 64.99 and 69.99 for the price of this one. But seriously, if it gets any higher there needs to be a new body and more consistent paint apps from the factories in China.

You bring up another good point: inconsistent paint apps.

If one of these $65-70 figures features a paint job like the 12" Anakin I'm dropping the line then too until things are cleared up.

At the end of the day, as nice as this Luke figure is, it is NOT worth close to $80, imho. Not when it's on the Buck body and comes with a questionable array of accessories.

Sideshow, I love ya... but you deserve :thwak :thwak :thwak :thwak on this one.

You bring up another good point: inconsistent paint apps.

If one of these $65-70 figures features a paint job like the 12" Anakin I'm dropping the line then too until things are cleared up.

At the end of the day, as nice as this Luke figure is, it is NOT worth close to $80, imho. Not when it's on the Buck body and comes with a questionable array of accessories.

Sideshow, I love ya... but you deserve :thwak :thwak :thwak :thwak on this one.

Yeah, with these new higher price points, every figure is gonna have to come out of the factory like Old Ben or it's gonna be a **** storm.

77.13 for a figure with a buck body??????????

Thats as far as i'm willing to go with that body.
I don't give a **** what it comes with.(it comes with a buck i know that)
I'm excited for this figure and all,i just gotta say to SS thats it!!! Not one penny more without a new body or i'm out.

No reason for this to be anymore than Han at 64.99

Of all the Lukes, this one is the easiest costume wise, and yet costs the most. The sculpt is nice, and the accessories are ok, but put it all together and Sideshow's A New Hope Luke is worth $60.00 tops. The body is old and needs some serious upgrading.

Of all the Lukes, this one is the easiest costume wise, and yet costs the most. The sculpt is nice, and the accessories are ok, but put it all together and Sideshow's A New Hope Luke is worth $60.00 tops. The body is old and needs some serious upgrading.

I disagree about the costume. Especially the leggings and boots could have been much worse.

Sideshow, please address these price increases. Seriously.

Ignoring this issue will NOT solve anything.

Your core customer group is growing increasingly frustrated and disenfranchised with these $5-$10 jumps in the prices of your base SW 12" figures. Without explanations (beyond just "gas prices") it seems quite arbitrary, at best.

Giving you guys the benefit of the doubt, I'm sure there is a rational reason/explanation (above and beyond just wanting to make more money). Well, what is it??? You can solve a lot of angst RIGHT NOW by just giving your customers and fans an honest and straight answer.

Seriously, please justify and explain why many of us are paying around $80 for this Luke figure that doesn't even come with a complete set of screen-used accessories and is presumably on a base body that is now years behind the industry standard.

I will not be paying over $70 for a non-armored figure on this prehistoric body. And if the eventual new body bumps up the cost of standard figures to $80, I'm gonna be ticked.
Then prepare to be ticked. My prediction is that we'll see at least one non-armored figure go up for pre-order this year with a $74.99 price tag, and maybe even one priced at $79.99.

Back