Premium Format SS Rogue Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue

I received my return notice today and got on the WL for a replacement. My return was a little different from the others that have been posted here. I was not offered the $30 refund as my statue had paint issues on the body as well, so I think I am getting a whole new statue. Still same timeframe of Dec 2012. Anyone else get this type of notice?

just curious, what were the paint issues on the body that warranted a return? Also do you happen to remember what day you sent SSC pictures to start the return procedure?

I got mine today and opened her up. You know, I am actually happy with the regular head. Her eyes are looking in the same direction, makeup is not bad (not great, but not a hot mess either), and my regular head fits on perfect and snug with the jacket on.

The EX head on the other hand, is disappointing. Her lips are uneven, and so is the eyeshadow. I also think the EX head has kind of a blank mannequin like look and feel.

Here's some pictures.

DSCN2269.jpg

DSCN2272.jpg

DSCN2273.jpg

DSCN2279.jpg

DSCN2283.jpg

DSCN2285.jpg

I got mine today and opened her up. You know, I am actually happy with the regular head. Her eyes are looking in the same direction, makeup is not bad (not great, but not a hot mess either), and my regular head fits on perfect and snug with the jacket on.

The EX head on the other hand, is disappointing. Her lips are uneven, and so is the eyeshadow. I also think the EX head has kind of a blank mannequin like look and feel.

Here's some pictures.

DSCN2269.jpg

DSCN2272.jpg

DSCN2273.jpg

DSCN2279.jpg

DSCN2283.jpg

DSCN2285.jpg

What no close up magnified flash pics.:lol

Might just be the shading playing tricks with the light. I just checked her over very carefully and there's nothing wrong with the legs.

Just got my and yes the freakin eye was crooked. Returned right away, I think we should teach SS a lesson and let's all return the statue instead letting SS put us on a waitlist.

Here's some pictures.

DSCN2269.jpg

DSCN2272.jpg

DSCN2273.jpg

DSCN2279.jpg

DSCN2283.jpg

DSCN2285.jpg

wow some of the best pics ive seen of her. Maybe it has to do with how she stands out from the background.

Well, I got the corporate copy/pasted message about being put on a waiting list for "replacement portraits". Did they not really read my case? This is what I sent back to them:

It seems that you have not read my entire complaint. Due to the paint bubble on the leg, and the sloppy paint application around the chest/neck area, I also need a new body. Furthermore, the chipped base with permanent finger prints in the paint means I also need a new base. Unlike some that have complained about this statue, it is not just the heads that need replacing in my situation.

That being said, I'm going to assume that you have merely copy/pasted a prepared corporate response. I am now going to assume that you will now go back over my case to realize your error. Now, if you can guarantee a FULL replacement then, yes, put me on the waitlist. Also, I need reassurance that, should the replacement also be faulty, I will still be eligible for a full refund in December.

Thanks guys for the compliments. I am actually really happy with her with the regular portrait. It's always been the one I have loved from the beginning, so I was excited to get one with non-google eyes and decent makeup. The EX head is meh to me, kind of boring.

So where was the statement? The C/P that is....

Dear --------,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Sideshow Collectibles about the issues to your Exclusive Rogue Premium Format Figure. We apologize for the issues that you have encountered. As collectors ourselves, we understand the disappointment you may be experiencing and want to work with you to make it right.

We understand that you wish to continue with a replacement for your statue. As of right now, we have not received our full allotment of replacements to satisfy your request. Our manufacturing facility is backlogged in getting shipments out to us, and products and replacements are moving more slowly than we anticipated. Your replacement may not become available until December, 2011. Our production team is working with our manufacturer to see if we can get these replacement pieces sooner, and if this is the case we will notify you via e-mail.

If you would like to proceed with receiving a full replacement for your Rogue, we can place you on a waitlist. Once this shipment arrives, we will contact you immediately with instructions to exchange your portrait.

Please let us know if this is what you would like to do.

We thank you for your patience and hope to have this resolved for you as soon as possible. Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Best Regards,

Daniel Campisi
Returns Representative

Sideshow Collectibles
2630 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320

(805) 214-2139 Office * (805) 214-2190 Fax

In the U.S.: 1-(855)-SIDESHOW (1-855-743-3746)
Outside the U.S.: 1-(805)-214-2100 x2

Odd, I'm only just now noticing that they do mention a "full replacement" right before the portion I highlighted.
Either way, a little asleep at the wheel.

Last edited:

Strange that they have to make a copy and paste answer for so few complaints....... ; p

Odd, I'm only just now noticing that they do mention a "full replacement" right before the portion I highlighted.
Either way, a little asleep at the wheel.

Your notice is a little different from mine in that it says "Due to the prolonged delay in being able to provide you with an exchange, if you would like to proceed with receiving a replacement for your Rogue figure body and heads, we can place you on a waitlist. Once this shipment arrives, we will contact you immediately with instructions to exchange your statue."

So your reply indicates that you will indeed be receiving a whole new figure, while I will be receiving a new body and replacement heads as my base was fine.

Even though people think it is a "standard copy and paste corporate response" they are receiving, there are enough examples of slight differences in the response letters to indicate that Sideshow is indeed looking at the complaints on a case-by-case basis. Everyone should make sure to read theirs carefully so as to avoid possible confusion and/or disappointment when your replacement arrives. :lecture

^
Yeah, you're right. It was probably just a mistake that he wrote to me about a "replacement portrait". I'll end up apologizing in my next reply after he tells me as such.

Back