SS Arthas WOW Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this was once the most easlily available Blizzard recast. They even managed to sell it in several different scales.

but they never released this officially though right? i think it's a special commission by blizzard for their employees only.

Honestly i want this(the 22" colored version), even if it's a recast, it looks very good. But refuse to support the practice.

but they never released this officially though right? i think it's a special commission by blizzard for their employees only.

Honestly i want this(the 22" colored version), even if it's a recast, it looks very good. But refuse to support the practice.

Thats right, it was a gift to employees, some decided to sell.

They sure did, there's a YouTube video where they are compared.

Ha! That's my video. I'm actually admiring my real Tychus now, so pretty. Damn Chinese bootleg. Those bastards URGrifts located in Bejing set me back $550. It was my first SideShow statue so I didn't know anything at the time I bought it. URGifts makes mad Blizzard SideShow bootleg statues. Tychus Findlay, they make a faux silver Tychus, their own version called "Diablo 3 Overthrown" it's a barbarian but looks totally different, a 1/5th scale Diablo 3 Witch Doctor statue, few bootleg WETA wolfrider statues, a fake PVC Silvanas (immitation of the DC Unlimited Silvanas), an immitation Frostmourne replica, 3 of their own WOW posable 1/4 scale dolls (Arthas, a troll raid boss from Zul Gurub, and Illidan), + much more I can't remember at the moment... If you write them they tell you their products are officially licsenced by Blizzard in broken English...

Last edited:
Actually I think they look pretty similar, differences are only subtle. I bought an original though. As said the "no serial numbers" is a dead giveaway. The Blizzard orc wolf rider statue was also recast.

They only put that "No Serial Number Marked" up a week or two after I opened a case against them with some department of the FBI, don't remember the name. Damn, I was pissed. Lol

I hear these stories all the time - about how people keep finding out that they purchased some bootleg from a country in Asia, usually China - so I never buy anything I suspect comes from there. It doesn't seem as prevalent in other continents. But usually there are a few clues that may indicate that it's probably a fake (eg. Price is too good to be true). Unfortunately this limits most of my purchases to Europe and NA.

They only put that "No Serial Number Marked" up a week or two after I opened a case against them with some department of the FBI, don't remember the name. Damn, I was pissed. Lol

I appreciate that, made me suspicious and research Tychus more and I read about the fakes. I knew not to buy from them and got a real one. It would piss me off too.

There were 1250 Tychus statues and they shot up. Also, how much are the regular Overthrown going for now? I'm looking to pick on up someday soon.

Last edited:
There were 1250 Tychus statues and they shot up. Also, how much are the regular Overthrown going for now? I'm looking to pick on up someday soon.

I have both Tychus and Diablo 3 Overthrown. I don't have the exclusive Overthrown. Really wish I did because by far the worst part of that statue is the barbarians face. Wish I could have the one with a helmet over it. Is anyone just selling the exclusive head? lol

I have both Tychus and Diablo 3 Overthrown. I don't have the exclusive Overthrown. Really wish I did because by far the worst part of that statue is the barbarians face. Wish I could have the one with a helmet over it. Is anyone just selling the exclusive head? lol

Yeah I had to get the ex, though the reg is better than nothing. Last regular I saw sell was $500 but that was a few months ago.

I am surprised that this didn't come with an Exclusive version. I though they would show us two heads, one arthas and the other lich king.

Anyway looking forward to Deathwing and Diablo.

I am surprised that this didn't come with an Exclusive version. I though they would show us two heads, one arthas and the other lich king.

Anyway looking forward to Deathwing and Diablo.

Me too, was expecting a switch out corrupted Arthas head, I thought that was why they called it Arthas rather than The Lich King.

I have faith in this one, both of blizzard's statues - tychus + barbarian are some of sideshow's BEST work. Besides can always return/exchange if there is an issue.

I ordered both from sideshow's website.

There's actually three; you are missing the Draenei vs. Blood Elf.

I have 2-3 of each of them so far. This one is a bit more expensive, so I'll probably stick with two. But this one is incredibly amazing.

~LoA

he's not just wow, but an essential character in warcraft both the rts and mmorpg. It's a no brainer purchase. If i can only buy 1 piece this year, this is it.

I'd agree with you except that Jessica Rabbit is coming and the freaking Keaton figure so really for me there's 3 must haves this year.

exclusivity & price is why we collect those instead of $10 walmart action figures. no matter how people trying to deny it otherwise it's the truth. No point wasting time arguing with those continue to be in denial.

Not for me at least.
I collect statues because I prefer statues to figures. A lot of people love Hot Toys and I honestly couldn't care less aside from a few exceptions like Batman because you can't see any articulations anyway.

Trust me if all the statues I have had been $10 I'd be freaking ecstatic.

Tychus had an ES of 1250 if my memory is correct, plus those given to the employers, and his value is fine :)

Really? Damn I never really paid attention when it came out and now it's crazy priced everywhere. I don't know if I'll ever be able to afford this one.

Back