SS Arthas WOW Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fixed for you.

Completely agree with you. I have tons of cards from like 20 years ago. Great players, rookie cards... None of them have gone up even a dime in 20 years. Same thing for those Image #1's. Spawn #1 still sells for the cover price, lol, so I guess it's actually depreciated in value...oh, yea, then that holds true for the cards as well.

Completely agree with you. I have tons of cards from like 20 years ago. Great players, rookie cards... None of them have gone up even a dime in 20 years. Same thing for those Image #1's. Spawn #1 still sells for the cover price, lol, so I guess it's actually depreciated in value...oh, yea, then that holds true for the cards as well.

yep they are worthless nowdays, i collected them back in junior high too, still got some left, like o'neal rookie cards and all that stuff. They WERE worth quite a bit of money back in the day, now they dont even worth the plastic protector used on the card :)

it just went out of fashion...like the comic book craze and subsequent crash that almost brought down marvel.

I wish this thing was $300. Little expensive to get. Hoping some Canadian etailer has this for a little less. Really like the sculpt of this and would look great next to my Conan Prize statue.

I wish this thing was $300. Little expensive to get. Hoping some Canadian etailer has this for a little less. Really like the sculpt of this and would look great next to my Conan Prize statue.

no it wont :slap

you need to display him next to the barbarian and marine.

no it wont :slap

you need to display him next to the barbarian and marine.
I think he'd also look at home alongside the Witch King or Sauron. I don't have any of the aforementioned though, so he'll be standing alone in my collection. That is, until Sideshow come out with another Blizzard statue of interest :)

I don't know if i will start world of war craft collection i used to have all the DC world of warcraft figures before i started collecting sideshow so i'am on the fence on this one.

I don't know if i will start world of war craft collection i used to have all the DC world of warcraft figures before i started collecting sideshow so i'am on the fence on this one.

he's not just wow, but an essential character in warcraft both the rts and mmorpg. It's a no brainer purchase. If i can only buy 1 piece this year, this is it.

Do Canadian etailers ever have anything less expensive than buying directly from SS ? If they do, I've never seen it. Always seen more expensive. It seems it only holds true for the US (having cheaper merchandise at a retailer), but I might be wrong. My comic shops here sell everything way above what SS sells them for :cuckoo:

I told myself I was done with statues since I have no room left but Arthas is my favorite Warcraft character and I'm an avid WoW player...

I'm about to pull the string, HELP ME!!!!

I could care less if thousands of them were out there.
If there were no super low quantities of these things then everyone could collect the characters they wanted without having to pay 4x retail on the secondary market.

I HAD a GG Babydoll on preorder since the first say it went up for sale. The diamond fiasco ordeal happened and my order got cancelled a couple of weeks before it was supposed to arrive at the retailer. At that point my only option was to pay $1,000 on ebay to some scumbag for a $200 statue that hadn't even technically released yet. I got lucky and won a spot in the Japanese BD Lotto.

Would have been nice before that happened knowing if I wanted a BD in my collection, or a Doom PF, that as long as I had a little $$, I could grab one.

So I completely disagree with you

I'm all about the mystery ES. Hopefully they are taking as many orders as they can and basing the ES off of that. Works for me.

So...let's just say you could get this Arthas for $4.99 at any Walmart in the United States, that wouldn't make the statue any less desirable? I think it might, just maybe. What if you could get used ones in the 99 cent and up stores? I don't know what I'm saying. lol But seriously, if these statues cost $4.99 each you would still fill a room with them? $4.99 and the same quality? hmmm? Nah, I wouldn't collect them because, no matter how well made, I would think they would be worthless piles of ____. Just me. But please, feel free to disagree with me.

Last edited:
So...let's just say you could get this Arthas for $4.99 at any Walmart in the United States, that wouldn't make the statue any less desirable? I think it might, just maybe. What if you could get used ones in the 99 cent and up stores? I don't know what I'm saying. lol But seriously, if these statues cost $4.99 each you would still fill a room with them? $4.99 and the same quality? hmmm? Nah, I wouldn't collect them because, no matter how well made, I would think they would be worthless piles of ____. Just me. But please, feel free to disagree with me.

exclusivity & price is why we collect those instead of $10 walmart action figures. no matter how people trying to deny it otherwise it's the truth. No point wasting time arguing with those continue to be in denial.

Actually, in an argument against myself, hehe, I filled my room with inexpensive but well-made World of Warcraft PVC figures... so maybe I'm wrong...

But I will say that collecting (just for the sake of comparison) "figures" that are rare and valuable is more fun...but a bank breaking activity

Last edited:
exclusivity & price is why we collect those instead of $10 walmart action figures. no matter how people trying to deny it otherwise it's the truth. No point wasting time arguing with those continue to be in denial.

I think there's a point of credibility for both ends of the spectrum. I would totally still buy Sideshow's stuff if they were only $150 with a High ES. Or even $200.

Last edited:

IF it was the same quality i damn well would buy them still. I purchase things because i love the character or design etc. I tend to never buy anything to flip it and the only time i sell something is if i need space/money/ lost interest in the franchise. Resell value can be nice but is by no means my decision on why i buy something.

Back